Weird graphical issue with shaking objects and camera and flashing shadows

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MJ3080, Apr 12, 2021.

1. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just an update, I sent the video links to Asus and they wanted the mother board back for testing. Hopefully they can find something wrong with it. will provide an update in couple of weeks.

2. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    PSU is a RM850x, which supposed to be a good one.

3. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Already tried DDU twice in safe mode and made sure default drivers are not installed, didn't work

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  4. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Chipset drivers were updated. I could not find anything running on the background. I have tried clean reboot . I also tried installing and running a game right after windows installation. That also didn't works.

5. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I could not find anything abnormal on the background. I also think it is a latency/communication priority issue. I check all the IRQs for conflicts and set everything to message signaled-based interrupts but nothing changed. The problem stayed exactly the same.

6. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    MJ keep us posted please, I am super interested about this issue, and am checking on this topic on a daily basis!

7. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hi guys, just got the motherboard back from Asus. They said they couldn't find any problem so the problem still exists.

However, I tried something else today and looks like I found what is wrong. Using task manager's "set affinity" tool, I restricted game's access to only 1 core/2 threads and problem solved!, I started adding cores and everything was ok until I added core#6.
    I think there is something wrong with core #6, any thoughts?

I will try under clocking that core to see what happens.

CrunchyBiscuit likes this.
  8. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Hi MJ, try to use Task Manager / CPU performance tab and check what is specifically going on with core 6 while in games! If it's under clocked or similar it might be two options:

1) You actually might have an issue with PSU not being able to feed the processor correctly.

2) That core itself or pin on the CPU in some shape or form might be "damaged".

Try to play around these two options, but observe the CPU behaviour under load first.

EDIT: grammar check

CrunchyBiscuit and MJ3080 like this.
  9. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I doubt it is the PSU, i have 8+4 cpu power connection and they are in parallel configuration. I think if something is wrong with the psu it applies to all cores not one. I think the VRMs are also configured the same way. I think it is most probably the cpu. Thoughts?

CrunchyBiscuit likes this.
  10. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Try to monitor CPU utilization when you are in CPU intensive apps or games.

I would suggest using Logical processors view, to see per Core performance.

upload_2021-4-30_15-17-10.png

CrunchyBiscuit and MJ3080 like this.

11. MJ3080

MJ3080 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hi guys,
    Just returned the CPU to the store and got a new one. Guess what? problem solved, everything is fine now.

Thank you everyone for your support.

12. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Wow, this is the first time for me to actually see a functioning CPU go bananas.

I am very happy you managed to resolve the issue, who would say, one would witness a faulty CPU core.

Enjoy!

vestibule, CrunchyBiscuit and MJ3080 like this.
  13. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Indeed, I never saw anything like this being caused by a (mal)functioning CPU either. Very interesting, I learn something new every day.

Glad it's solved!

Freeman and MJ3080 like this.
  14. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    1/.Have you ran DXDIAG? Watch that the green bar runs all the way across. Check results. 2/. try FURMARK stress test.
    3/.I would also try a fresh install of windows and that includes formating the o/s drive.

Ah I see you found the problem. :)

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    MJ3080 likes this.
  15. DangeloCake

DangeloCake Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3060 12GB
    OMG, I've been struggling with the same issue for months now! I'm so relieved to finally know what the problem is, you have no idea.

Let me ask you a question. Did you replace you 5600x for another 5600x? If so, did the issue ever come back?

Edit: By the way, I don't think they'd RMA my processor because of this. Here in my country the stores are really annoying when it comes to it. They'd likely put the processor on a board and, as long as the PC is turning on, they would say it's working. So, I'd like to underclock that core, how can I do that? Just as long as I can buy a new one.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    Freeman likes this.