Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    One thing I noticed with this driver which is very nice is that I used to have problems when installing a new driver after using DDU where the AMD control panel would have a hard time correctly recognizing my Samsung Q80T connected via HDMI 2.1. It would always detect it as 4k 60hz no VRR first then I had to disconnect and reconnect it to see that it has 120hz and VRR. I also couldn't get it to do 10bit 4:4:4 so I had to run it at 8 bit 4:4:4 while with this driver it correctly set it right away to 10bit 4:4:4:. It was an annoying process to get the TV properly setup between each driver update as I always use DDU but with this one it got all the settings correct right away. Nice to have it finally work as it should.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    hmm...

@SpajdrEX do you know if AMD have enabled multiplane overlays?

3. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Driver and games work great so far tough the Software (Radeonsoftware.exe) crashs every now and then without any reason.Every few days Radeonsoftware.exe would just crash and restart itself randomly. I wouldn't even notice if there wasn't a second radeon software symbol in my taskbar since it doesn't affect games. I used DDU so i don't think there is any conflict, didn't happen with my old driver (20.12.1). Anyone got a solution for that or knows what might causing
    that?

HD64G likes this.
  4. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I realise this is no help to you but I noticed once that there were two Radeon icons in the system tray. I clicked on one and it disappeared and then clicked on the other and it opened. I have not had that happen after the first time.

Please like and subscribe, lol.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    ClockClocker likes this.

5. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    At least i'm not alone with this then (it means you're radeonsoftware.exe crashed) :D

6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    You have two icons because the rad-eon software every time that spawn (delayed startup) after a restart (or shutdown) it create one dummy icon. And then if you put your mouse above it the dummy one will dissapear.
    Also if you have in radeon software disabled the icon and then you restart it will after a delayed startup will crate an new icon. If you click that icon to open the radeon software it will crash but if you open the radeon software from desktop right click it will open and the icon in system tray will disappear automatically.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try to set Radeonsoftware.exe to run with highest priviliges (in Task Sheduler).

8. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    who knows registry key for "Power Efficiency" Mode as it was on old control panel?

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Happened to me once too

system still ran fine and the radeon settings reopened, i just noticed 2 icons

not happened since

good thing though is in previous drivers only a restart could fix the settings after they had crashed now it fixes itself

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Had no crashes yet and i was playing games quite a bit last few days.

@Passus it was always fixing itself when it crashes even in previous driver.

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I can repro easily the Radeon Software crash by simply running AC Valhalla benchmark and leave the game.
    I will have then extra two Radeon Software tray icons.
    Checked PID on radeonsoftware.exe before and after and they are different, so it's definitely crashing.

@Astyanax : currently it's WIP

12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Not sure if it's this driver that changed it or something from Windows side but changing the Windows volume while in game does not freak out the refresh rate anymore while using Freesync which in turn freaked out the FPS. Now, instead, when the volume bar appears at the top left corner, the refresh rate changes to the configured one until it disappears and Freesync takes over again.

13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    @Passus it was always fixing itself when it crashes even in previous driver.[/QUOTE]

not until a restart but i cant remember the last set that had the issue

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Could be the cause of Thiago's issue then.

15. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I've come across a bug/feature of this new driver set 21.4.1.

After creating a new Custom Resolution, if I decrease the refresh rate (even if it's just 1 MHz), the Color Depth is forced to 6 bpc instead of the default for my panel 8 bpc. I've just reported it to AMD. Is there anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Thanks!

16. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra

I'm not sure this bug is new to this driver. I remember having this issue since I got my 5700XT in 2019. Reported since 2019, never been fixed. That's why I use CRU to mess with custom refresh rates.

17. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Yeah, I know. But I had been able to fix it by simply reducing slightly the refresh rate and then setting 'Timing Standard' to 'CVT-Reduced Blanking'. But now, no matter what I try, I always get a reduced color depth :(

EDIT: Well, silly me, this same behavior has been happening all along with previous drivers as well :confused:
    I'm getting too old for this crap :D

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    illusiveman likes this.
  18. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    @SpajdrEX heroes of the storm before alt tab gpu clocks and after alt+tab with vsync enabled 60 hz.
    This bug don't exist if you enable ris (radeon image sharpening) in radeon options.
    This exist one year. Can you take a look? Card is rx580 sapphire pulse.
    1.gif

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @boombastik Hi mate, reported it to the team (raised a ticket)
    I may contact you later for additional details if needed.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    boombastik likes this.
  20. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    No, you're not. It crashes on my end too, and i disabled system tray icon, but it always load it on start up, or after it crashes. So it's still a buggy driver.