ClockTuner 2.0 for Ryzen (CTR) Guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Ozmandi

Ozmandi Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3080
    upload_2021-4-14_15-51-36.png

2. amsterdam11

amsterdam11 Guest

GPU:
    2060 Super GameRock
    Where I can download RC3?
    RC5 work not fine - autoload profile dont work.

3. Dedik228

Dedik228 Guest

GPU:
    Crucial / 16GB
  4. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    A fresh resintall of Windows 10 did it for me.

5. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    so this is the first time using ctr after a year and i was wondering, do my settings look okay and is the cinebench score decent?
    I'm just wondering because i've just watched a guide on YT and his score was WAY higher, with basically the same settings.

I've changed my reference volt. to 1.325 and the diagnostic one as well(it's the highest possible for r9 3900x), changed ref. frequency to 4.3 and pressed tune.
    results.jpg results2.jpg

also, is it normal that it usually runs at the lowest ccx speed at all times before it goes up? in my case it's running with 4.250 now as base speed. (i thought it would use the max available, so 4.325 after tuning)
    i mean not that it makes a big difference, but it still don't fully understand the program and OC in general, maybe i even did something wrong in the first place, who knows, please let me know so i remember it for the next time i play around with the prog.

as always thanks for your help :)

edit: just restarted my pc and the profile is not enabled and i can't save it anymore, it just says frequency is too low to be saved on P2 or P1, in my tuner however, the settings are still there, i just can't save them on any profile... do i have to click the tune button everytime i restart my pc now or is it some kind of a bug?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  6. Frosteux

Frosteux Guest

GPU:
    3080 AORUS Master
    Just wanted to add some insight into an issue I experienced this week.

***ClockTuner for Ryzen 2.0 RC5 by 1usmus***
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER
    BIOS ver. F13i SMU ver. 56.50.00
    TABLE ver. 3672069
    DRAM speed 3600 MHz
    04/16/2021 18:47:40
    [​IMG]
    CPUDiagnosticResults.png
    I had run through the normal ropes in terms of configuration. Stoked to find out I allegedly have a platinum sample - I honestly think there was an issue somewhere as it doesnt look like the feedback should qualify as platinum IMO. Happy thoughts aside after all was said and done I realized there was a bios update to F13i available, and a chipset update from AMD I could install. The BIOS update was addressed an L3 Cache issue with 5000 series CPU's so I figured it would be in my best interest to pursue bugs being addressed. Boy was I wrong.

I updated BIOS, then AMD Chipset. Launched CTR 2.0 and none of my CCX showed values, and cpu showed 100%. I tried to run diagnostic, it would open Cinebench, but never return from the application once it finished. Then if I tried to close CTR it would throw an unexpected error (sorry i wish I had saved it). Removal of CTR files, and running cleanup utility would yield the same results.

Ultimately I ran AMD Chipset Cleanup utility, tried rolling back chipset drivers. Nothing. Then I reverted BIOS settings back to factory. Nothing. Then I reinstalled Windows. Still the same issue. Ultimately I ended up using QFlash to revert back to F12 Bios. The issue is now resolved, and I am able to run CTR 2.0 with newest AMD Chipset without issue.

Hope this helps any other poor unfortunate souls that update to F13i.

Current
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER
    BIOS ver. F12 SMU ver. 56.40.00
    TABLE ver. 3672068
    DRAM speed 3600 MHz
    04/16/2021 22:23:54

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  7. Shidapu

Shidapu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Cannot use CTR at all.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
    GIGABYTE B450M DS3H-CF
    BIOS ver. F61a SMU ver. 46.70.00
    TABLE ver. 2361603
    DRAM speed 2133 MHz
    04/17/2021 15:21:24

System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
    at A.c7ef8ec682dd21d60b7ea8e49e2ff83f2.c4c7f67ad0d605e7d3812697bb398e4cb()
    at A.c7ef8ec682dd21d60b7ea8e49e2ff83f2..ctor()

I have the correct bios settings that i could find and required by the guide.

Running latest bios, F61a with AGESA 1.2.0.1.

Am i forced reroll to F60? I like to have my bios updated though.

8. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    my profile still won't load after a restart...and i get the same "frequency is too low to be saved on P2 or P1" message once i press save again.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  9. Zeuskk

Zeuskk Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660Ti
    Guys it is possible that my RAM OC could decrease OC capabilities of my Ryzen 3600? Before that with stock RAM (Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz CL15 2x8GB Micron E-die) I was able to get Tuned profile P1 with ~3800 points in Cinebench R20. I didn't try to generate P2 profiles because I dicided first stable max OC my RAM. I reached 3766MHz CL16 1.1V SOC, 1.4V DRAM, full stable (few 10h stress tests) so I back to CTR and went throught Diagnostic first and next Tune. After Diagnostic I reached only ~3620 points and after Tune worse result ~3550 points but with a bit better CPU Voltage and PPT. It is normal or sth wrong is with my RAM OC? Too tight timings? I didnt try to generete P2 profile. Ryzen 3600 Bronze sample.
    PS. sorry for copy post from another thread, I wasnt sure which one is main for this kind of questions.

10. leapday

leapday Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hey guys, 5900x here with an x570 Aorus Master. Getting this weird bug I suppose with three cores being stuck at 3500 mhz during diagnostic and tuning. I followed the CRT 2.0 settings as much as possible and can't seem to figure out what's causing this to occur. Initial CB20 run does not have any cores stuck at 3500 mhz. This is only occurs during the diagnostic test and tuning stress tests.

11. AliciaBurrito

AliciaBurrito Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE / 24GB
    Hey all, I just got a 5950X and wanted to play around with ClockTuner RC5 and it was working fine - until my computer randomly "shut off" while the program was open and I was changing I believe the power settings to the recommended in the guide for the Crosshair Dark Hero VIII. "Shut off" in this case being the computer was "off" but the PSU was still active, and so was the RGB but fans ramped down and I didn't get any display output. Not like a full instability crash or an actual power off. I had to unplug it to get it out of this state.

After this happening twice, for some reason the application will no longer run. It gives the error that it cannot start the service. I've tried redownloading, running the config cleaner, using BCUninstaller to remove any traces in the registry, clearing CMOS, running sfc, fully reinstalling AMD Chipset drivers and Ryzen Master (even though it shouldn't matter), etc. Attached is a screenshot and the log.

Any ideas? I'm pretty stumped and haven't found mention of it elsewhere. I otherwise followed the guide, including matching all of the BIOS settings correctly and it was working before and I was beginning to Tune my system earlier before making other misc adjustments. My system seems otherwise fine, and I can overclock in my BIOS without any issues and I am still stable.

Attached Files:

12. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    still trying to find out why RC5 doesn't autoload/save profiles, i really wanna use this program :/

13. trieste915

trieste915 Guest

GPU:
    Galax 2060 Super
    RC3 seems to conflict with HWInfo64 polling... it makes HWInfo CPU usage oscillate between 0 and about 7% (3600) every second regardless of polling interval.

Are they "fighting" each other to poll?

Is there a way to lower HWinfo's poll priority or function?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  14. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Does this program actually work, all I see is problems

15. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    i mean it does work, in my case and i believe some others, the profile autoload simply doesn't work and i was unable to fix it, i even messaged the creator but no response yet.
    but even though it has it's flaws, it defo does work.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Something similar happed to me. It was Net framework corrupted.
    The only thing that fixed is was an In-place "upgrade" of Windows using the Media Creation Tool.

Also, in BIOS, make your you do this:

PBO - Auto
    PBO Fmax enhanced - Disabled (ASUS Only)
    Global C-State control Enabled
    LLC - Auto

Nothing else other than XPM-DOCP

The forced shutdown is lack/too much of VCore.

17. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    :)

Tim24 likes this.
  18. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    was LLC - Auto for every board? i could swear i saw lvl 3 or something like that for Asus and power phase extreme?

i might revert that if it's not ideal, i'm on a 3900x

19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yuri himself said so to me.

https://twitter.com/MerolaC/status/1367430911395049476

With LLC in anything but Auto just fails for me.

20. bnauk

bnauk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Has anyone tried their CTR profile while running Prime 95 with in-place FFTs mode? I get an error within a minute or two every time. Looks like these profiles aren't fully stable in all situations