Rog strix x299 egaming ram problem

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Volteron, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Hi I have recently suddenly had my system just constantly giving whea uncorrectable error and pc not booting with 6d errorcode.

Anyway after playing around with bios settings, I found the xmp profile now makes my pc unstable, I have had xmp enabled for a year odd, what would suddenly make it unstable?

Only thing I changed quite a few weeks ago was new bios update 3403.

https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x299-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    WHEA uncorrectable are CPU cache, execution and op errors, bad memory configs and imc errors fall into another line of stop codes

XMP memory configs and overclocks blur the lines, with high end memory because to run memory at higher speeds than the cpu actually is capable of the uncore clock is usually raised as well - with the cache being part of the uncore.

look in the bios for a possible uncore divisor.

[​IMG]

3. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Just noticed my memory says 24gb in windows 10 when I have 32gb is that normal?

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, that isn't normal.

historically it can be a lack of imc voltage,
    cpu socket / heatsink mounting issue
    damaged sticks
    damage imc

5. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Yea that was it, worked out it was slot d1 took the memory out twice and reseated it, still said 24gb, got my amazon electric duster out blasted dimm slot d1, reseated memory hey presto 32gb again and xmp works lol. /facepalm

cucaulay malkin likes this.