Codemasters F1 2021 gets co-op and Raytracing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 16, 2021.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Codemaster have been a mini EA for years now in the way they churn out the same game year after year, so nothing much will change at this point, but good news for those 13 RTX card owners around the world who are actully using the cards for gaming. lol

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    booooooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiing

3. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I liked the F1 games when ISI made them - which was 1999 to about 2003. That's because it was an open, moddable game. ISI seems to have run itself off into the weeds since the days of Rfactor 1 which followed their F1 games although they supplied the engine for GTR1, GTR2, and GTL which were all pretty good. After RF1 their game was the debacle known as Rfactor 2. I was a beta tester of that game for about two weeks before I became so disgusted I bailed out.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i think the story earlier in the week confirmed that there are now 14 RTX owners worldwide that are using them for gaming, the 15th person is unconfirmed as apparently mining infrequently!!!

XP-200 likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
      • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • OS: Windows 10 64-bit (Version 1709) | For Ray Tracing: Windows 10 64-bit (Version 2004)
      • Processor: Intel Core i3-2130 or AMD FX 4300
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 950 or AMD R9 280 | For Ray Tracing: GeForce RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 6700 XT
      • DirectX: Version 12
      • Storage: 80 GB available space
      • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • OS: Windows 10 64-bit (Version 1709) | For Ray Tracing: Windows 10 64-bit (Version 2004)
      • Processor: Intel Core i5 9600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
      • Memory: 16 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti or AMD RX 590 | For Ray Tracing: GeForce RTX 3070 or Radeon RX 6800
      • DirectX: Version 12
      • Storage: 80 GB available space
      • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    And nothing compared to Iracing. They are just sim games. And they do not have the same level of racing in them. But try again.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    iRacing is also just a sim game, simulation wise it has both it's weaknesses as strengths, what it really has is the backend and support to get larger events done.

8. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Yup I did for a bit but stopped a while back. Ya they are accurate tracks ect. Only problem you can't feel the car in your azz, you know rear end slipping out ect. Force feedback steering wheels or cockpits you sit in for imersion are cool as hell, with widescreen but I can't justify expense with my situation.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    If you want to buy every single car in the game just get into iRacing, what's stopping you?

Agonist likes this.
  10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Same. That guy's comment was just an uninformed rant because he wanted to be "trendy".

I would much rather pay £14 for each track and then buy one car for £12 and have years of solid online racing than "race" online in a Codemasters F1 game.

People love to hate on iRacing but it's usually the people who can't affor iRacing so I'll happily overlook their opinions.

Agonist likes this.

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    But they will spend insane amount of money in COD, Fortnite, Roblox, etc, and hate on Iracing for its purchasing needs.

To be as nice as possible, that is an issue on your end. You have to know and feel what the car is gonna do in your mind. I race alot of dirt in Iracing. That requires the feeling of your butt more then any racing form. Literally putting a right rear tire in about a 24 inch space for traction on a dry track inches from a wall with just a force feedback wheel. Granted I have good pedals with rumble motors that help. I cant afford a motion rig, and am about to get back into racing a real car next year.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Microtransactions and gambling will surely bring the game to the next level.

Alessio1989 and Silva like this.
  13. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Do you know what sarcasm is?

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yes.

Look here if you need help with it Sarcasm - Wikipedia