Please help. Can I switch back to win 10???

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Pigchild, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    a week ago I upgraded to MSI LGA 1200 Z490 MOBO, 10th gen I9, and Gskill Premium OC RAM 2 X 16Gb. With MSI RTX2080 Super GPU and 2Tb Samsung 980 Pro storage. I HATE WINDOWS 10!!!! My 500W Logitech system will not work no matter what you do. Can I just install my Win 7 Pro?????? That way things actually work. This OP system sucks balls so bad. Windows 10 sucks so bad!!!!

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    There is no going backwards.

HK-1 likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You can run windows 7 on this, technically....

You'll need a 7 iso that has the Generic danielk provided xhci driver (ported back from Win8) (i can't link it here because it was posted to MDL) as well as the sha256 and cumulative updates leading to it slipstreamed in.

That said, 10 and 11th series require scheduler improvements included in windows 10 1903+ (multiple preferred cores).

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Which Msi z490 board, did you run a clean install of windows, have you installed latest audio software and drivers for your mobo, how is your 500W Logitech system connected

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Smough likes this.

5. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    There is nothing wrong with Windows 10. I have used it for many years now and initially went with the free upgrade from Win 7.
    Suggest you get yourself a better Power supply than 500W.
    Also are you perhaps trying to use the same Win 10 after changing your whole PC or Motherboard? If you had a OEM version it would not work.
    Your Post Title is wrong as you actually want to switch back to Win 7.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Smough and HK-1 like this.
  6. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

Get Windows 10 2009 ISO from there, do a clean install, you have to activate it though, so keep that in mind. I have a machine much older than yours and Windows 10 beats Windows 7 by a mile for me, it performs better, nice features, etc. The only disadvantage is the bloatware, but it's easy to remove and make it quiet, my Windows is absolute peace, but that only happens if you keep it under control.

Also 500 watt for that rig is on the limit, I would not use that computer with that wattage. Also, seems to me you didn't install any drivers and you are mad at your computer, generally, audio drivers are in the manufacturer's mobo website or you can just use Windows Update, but I prefer to do it from the website.

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    There is a number of chess openings. This number is anything but small.
    What is wrong with Windows 10 is a list with issues equal to number of chess openings x 10.
    /s

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Luckily most of the users do not deal with list of issues.

anticupidon likes this.
  9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    He has an 850W Seasonic Power Supply. The Logitech 500W is a speaker system he is trying to get working with his system.

@Pigchild, how are you connecting the speakers to your system? What soundcard do you have? What driver version? What are your settings configured to in Windows Sound settings?

10. w1zard224

w1zard224 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 SUPRIM X
    What are you on about here? There is NO Logitech 500W speaker system on the market :D Not RMS 500W anyway. RMS output I guess is around 30W tops for the Logitech subs and the amp integrated in them which is pulling juice from the mains not from the USB or jack :D

11. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
  12. w1zard224

w1zard224 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 SUPRIM X
  13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    My 7.1 Infinity Primus / DIY sub doesn't use 500 W. That 500W RMS is a TOTAL RMS value, not an actual usage reading. You'd have to put a current meter on the plug to see what it's actually drawing. If that system is actually using 500W of power RMS, then that's one heck of an inefficient system. Those poor little sats. The heat would be incredible.

So yeah, I believe those numbers are marketing hype.

w1zard224 likes this.