Call of Duty Warzone has more than 100 million players

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    @Noisiv : Why is there extra motion (temporal) blur with DLSS? (Like on player's hands/gun.) Did developers again fail at implementing DLSS properly?

And what was actual time difference between recording original and replaying data to capture DLSS footage?
    It is kind of noticeable that soldier has very different uniform.

Anyway, it is good for people who own "cheap" :D 120Hz 4K screen, but all they could get to drive it was 3060 Ti.

4. Frag

Frag Guest

GPU:
    16Gb 2400Mhz
    yay.. great 100m.. unfortunately the proportion of cheaters in this game makes it a steaming pile of crap.

Oh well

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    100 million whiney 12 year olds

sad times

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It's just the way DLSS is... alot more blur, especially in motion.

I dont see why anyone would use it in warzone - everyone playing competitive games set the game settings to the lowest instead.

kakiharaFRS likes this.
  7. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sadly this is often the issue soon as a game is free, opens the doors for people making more accounts without fear of losing money.

Overwatch did it quite well with banning the IP address rather than the account, I don't think warzone did this for whatever reason (Money prehaps)

Sadly free is a double edge sword, it allows for quick match making and a healthy community, but it invites cheaters like no tomorrow

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Blocking IPs doesnt really work anymore, IPs in the UK are 99% dynamic for the average user unless you pay extra for a static one

Restart router and you get a new IP

insp1re2600 likes this.
  9. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Mac address would be much better ! Having to buy new router every time is i believe a good enough measure !

Passus likes this.
  10. cap5lock

cap5lock Active Member

GPU:
    RTX™ 4070 Ventus 2X
    Wow, 100m player...
    Are miners also playing warzone ?

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    they recently banned 475'000 cheaters and there are people who continue playing it thinking in "their" game there isn't any :rolleyes:
    let me tell you how it is : there are cheaters in every online multiplayer pvp session whatever game you play...and there has been since 2014-2015 that's roughly when cheating became a market, a work earning your a lot of money, several hundred thousands dollars/month business it's not a "guy in a cellar" thing anymore it's a real business made by "software" companies having several paid staff an office etc...
    if you don't see an obvious one it's just that they now play it smart, multiplayer pvp fps is a dead genre stop playing it
    or play it on consoles but sadly that advice isn't correct anymore because cheating is now also plaguing consoles through different tactics like

- I tried an aimbot more than 10 years ago (and you know how quickly software advances) it showed a 3d radar cursor with player name/health/ammo/weapon and even if that weapon was dangerous or not at the target current range coloring the name in red/yellow/green on top of that you could toggle a 2d map overlay to pinpoint their locations you could also customize precisely aiming speed,max movement angle/targeting distance to prevent unnatural movement this allowed me to do two things 1) I cheated in every game of CS for a week to see if I would be detected or called out...I wasn't :/ 2) I saw other cheaters that were obviously following me when strafing left and right at the other side of the map and that's when I felt sick they were in ALL games ALL of them....even during "online ladder" games I gave up on competitive gaming at the end of that week and to play pvp fps for like 5 years

- I started playing battlefield 3-4 battlefield was okay at the beginning but after a few months became infested in cheaters, Dice had the tools to automatically ban them but they didn't thanks to the battlelog it was very easy to detect them several times at the end of a round where I had suspicions I checked the stats of enemy players and what do you know they all had the same kind of stats like : 35,7% accuracy on ALL guns the exact same accuracy for pistols,carbines,smg etc...except shotguns and snipers where they had 112% and 200% accuracy....riiiighhht they also had 100% revenge kills (for maximum points) very long distance sniper shots like 2km or whatever, all those stats should be a red flag and auto-ban the account by Dice no server anti-cheat was necessary but they didn't do it and worst they regularly nerfed everything that was against aimbot aka indirect explosive damage, the only way to kill an aimbot since you can't be in their line of sight

- after 6 months of BF4 in a 15min game you could see a constant waterfall of banned players trying to connect, hundreds of them..in 15min in every non-official server ><
    - btw the real reason why they stopped offering private server is because those mostly hosted cheaters, so many time when I saw someone that played exactly like a cheater (like I said above I know how it makes you play even if there aren't any tell tale sign) I checked their name and what do you know they were part of the clan that owns that server

every time I see people playing online I hear the projectile noise the explosions I want to play it again that was super fun but I know how it is so I don't :(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    GoldenTiger likes this.
  12. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So we are doomed :(

Passus likes this.
  13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    ...and you are 13 years old and play with the 12 years old?

You must play a lot, since you "know" how old all 100 million players are....

My bet is the average playerbase is 27 years old in this game ;)

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the mental age average is 12 though.

Venix, Passus, Fox2232 and 2 others like this.
  15. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    even if this is a joke, it's kinda far away from the truth. Its just segmentation, if you're high rank, you won't get people with "avg mental age of 12" players.
    If you're bad .... then yea, you're stuck with them

nizzen likes this.

16. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    I'm one of them!
    It's fun, addictive and I'm forty years old....

insp1re2600 and Why_Me like this.
  17. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    More than 100m players?? And me and my friends still cant find any match in asian servers.

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    What the actual F are you on about bud?

im 38 and have not played a cod game online since black ops 2

same game new skins, same kids shouting suck ya mom ect ect

no thanks mate even if theres a free one

19. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    So yo play Fortnite. OK

Cool story bro...

20. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Lot of fun till the Quickscope sniper with aimbot joins in!...he can get a headshot every time in a millionth of a second while you are running and jumping 100 yards away....Kills everybody's fun.(literally)