ASUS XG43UQ monitor with 43in 4K 144Hz panel and HDMI 2.1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 22, 2021.

1. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    to expensive in the size i want :D

the 49nano85/90 is definitely not superior to the X90 sony, at least not with the use/content i've seen.
    its not so much the TOS, but that i have to "activate/enable" certain stuff to use the tv, as i dont care about home kit/apple/alexa or info regarding viewing habits etc.
    i dont have to accept/activate those things on the sony, yet can still use (smart) features like streaming.
    and since the Sony screens are made by LG, it will be the smallest difference between them (vs any other brand).

its like Ron White said when ask if he prefers brain or body: virtually everything regarding looks/appearance can be "improved, but you cant fix stupid.."
    i dont have a newer sony running android right now to try, but from what i remember, just switching pic profile or settings takes at least 3-4 times "more" buttons on the LG (unless im missing something).

i would keep a free one, but wont spend my money on one as long as others are better.

2. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I play/have played diablo 3 for years on this tv with zero issues at all.

I mean I guess if that is what it is strictly used for and never watch another type or format to change the picture up at all sure there might be an issue. But if the user understands what they're using and doesn't implement their own knowledge on the matter then one could say it's their fault.

The pixel refresher built into the TV is also a real thing. But again any screen is susceptible to image burn if that's all it's being done is just playing the same image/overlay in game over and over and over.

I'm also a fan of adjusting the safe zones of the HUD itself. Just by changing that you changed where everything sits on screen. But again this is coming from a person who understands their hardware and knows what it is they can do to aid in preventing idiocy.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    fry178 likes this.
  3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Silly or not it depends what they do with your data and how much you care about it.
    There will be a screen as good as the LG without weird TOS agreements soon or later.

4. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Monitors have become a right joke now, they cost so much more than some of the best OLED TV's LG B9/X is £900 atm, where I guess this might be what 3-4k? Even with fear of burn in I could get 3 OLEDS that would last as long if not longer xD

They make it sound like HDMI 2.1 is this new invention when you got TV's with 3-5 HDMI 2.1, but hey those PC guys we will charge them hundreds for a single port. Heck most Asus screens coming out are still using DP1.4 with DSC, only reason I can think of is so next year they can be like hey guys look its the same monitor as last year but this time with HDMI 2.1

Seriously If LG did a slightly smaller screen i'd just pick that up, save myself hundreds if not thousands and worry about possible burn in years down the line when with all the money I saved can most likely just get a new one xD

5. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    This.
    Feck burn in, I never had monitor longer than 5 years. LCDs suck, as they can develop dead pixels over time(one of TNs get from 1 at begining to 7 in 3y..., VA from 0 to 5 in 3y...and baaaad cloudiung that was not present at begining), IPS suck for me due dark glow, VA no proper blacks/stars while movement in movies/games...And yes, my OLED TV have one pixel dead too, but is 3y old now, so...
    Give me freaking 27-32" OLED with 1440p or even 4k and I would buy it at once. OFC not when it will be dearer than 55" OLED TV, then FU greedy bastards :)

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    If this monitor was about half the price of it's predecessor I might consider it. But if it's close to the price of the predecessor/a good OLED TV, I'd rather get the latter.

7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    finally received the sony (XR50X90J).
    the only thing im missing over monis, is that it wont turn on/off with the pc.
    dimming isnt perfect when on the desktop using a black background (glow around icons), but none of my previous monis had FALD or 120Hz,
    so an improvemnt either way, and i havent seen any probs when watching movies/video content.

@GREGIX
    for me LG is out. one of the worst UI/OS,
    and as long as i still see a burn-in within a year running videos (retail), i dont care for oled use as moni (unless the ppl claiming there isnt an issue, will pay for any burn-in replacement).

8. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Stay off the internet if you're worried about your data and how it's used...... That's the truth.