GeForce 466.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    You are right :)

Missed that , Thankyou :)

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    You can add / test them yourself with NVInspector:

[​IMG]

kaibosh, mbk1969 and Neo Cyrus like this.
  3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Driver seems a little quicker, no errors found.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Does this driver break HDR in Outriders?!

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Thanks, I'm aware, I just don't have the time/patience to do the testing myself right now. It's seriously disappointing that nVidia haven't added more to their list; all they would need is 1 person working part time on it.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is not a driver issue, the drivers support for Multiplane overlays exposed it, but its a bug in Chromium's renderer swapping every frame between RGB and NV12 due to failing on NV12 for some reason.

Upstream has recently checked in a fix: see
    f331ac03f7d07758e7820792c89b8a39cd5e2195 - chromium/src - Git at Google (googlesource.com)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Yes. We don't call out fixes for Windows 10 Insider builds in our release notes.

nick0323, Stormyandcold and Herochild like this.
  8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Did you have problems with HDR in the previous driver? Are you using any filters?

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    And with that you just chopped down some BS in the last driver thread. My confidence in Nvidia doesn't need restoring, I never lost faith in you guys. The team did exactly what I thought they'd do. Good job!

XantaX likes this.
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The previous driver didn't have the same problem, it was fine

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah provide no evidence and rolls your eyes. Why are those Inspector settings enabling a difference in performance if it's not working by default due to a whitelist? It's almost as if the whitelist exists, and is doing something.

Lying and nVidia go hand-in-hand, but this would be pointless to lie about.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  12. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

Was hoping for some Valheim optimizations. xD

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    I don't know, I may have lost a few fps in some games?
    but I know that the smoothness and the lower FPS are much better...

for example, Control with everything @ max @ 2560x1080 @ 75hz used to go down low 60s fps with the smoke effects near portals. now it stays over low 80s.

also, don't fanboy over brands... I prefer nvidia... but even I know they're bullies and very Apple ass-hats at times...
    but damn the driver support (for windows) and the features are almost god-tier.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah I'm totally going to implode by not buying what you're yelling at face value, oh no my downfall! What are you? 13? Calm down dipshit.

There's been tons of reports that manually enabling it through Inspector makes a difference. So there's more to it than nVidia just lying for no apparent reason. It could be accidentally enabled in some things, it could be a driver bug, etc. Did HWU even state that their results weren't with it manually forced on? Oh no it's my laziness for not wanting to watch a 16 minute video! ARRGGHH MUH DOWNFALL!!1one
    Someone here did mention that it's technically on at all times, just limiting non-white listed things to 256MB chunks as usual. So it sounds like it could just be a driver issue.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  15. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Getting lower performance and stutters with this driver and destiny 2. Never ever had a problem making a solid 97fps with my Samsung crg9 monitor with gsync enabled. Running a 3090 and 5950x. Reverted back to last driver and problem is resolved.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You don't seem to understand what that word means. Keep raging, I'm sure your approach is totally effective in making a point and will convert many people into accepting your conspiracy theories.

Here's a crazy idea, we could just, you know, ask the nVidia rep in this thread if there is a more reasonable explanation of what's going on.

@ManuelG Any info on why non-white listed games are sometimes affected, seemingly without manually forcing it on? If not, can you look into it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021

17. Hunti2k

Hunti2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Again, as problems startet with 465.89 drivers, I have big problems with this driver as well:

~30-50% fps drops, depending on the game + micro stutter every 5-10 secs) with GSYNC + forced VSYNC through control panel.

It works OKish (better fps but still regular micro stutter in some games) when I disabled VSYNC in Control panel, but far away from the performance I had with 461.92 or lower. Disabling VSYNC & GSYNC on my LG BX also leads to the same problems.

Game problems (examples):
    DIRT 5: loading times doubled, compared to 461.40, textures and models loading around 10 times longer.
    Cyberpunk 2077: Microstutter every ~10 seconds
    Zomby Army 4: FPS drop around 50%, microstutter
    Outriders: Laggish feeling, some stutters appearing

Rolling back (right now Im on 461.40) is the only real solution to solve the problems. Everything works well here again.

@ManuelG: Could you please have a look into this issue. RTX 3080 Laptop user here (MSI GE76 Raider). Thanks!

18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Indeed. One thing I could think of is that you have to enable Above 4G Decoding on the Mainboard to be able to enable Resizable BAR (of course). Enabling Above 4G Decoding alone could lead to performance issues in certain games, even without enabling Resizable BAR (I've seen that before Resizable BAR was an option on my system, for example). The exact hardware configuration, resolution and game settings may play into what kind of performance gains (or losses) you see with ReBAR enabled as well. There are lots of variables to consider.

The whitelist seems to work fine on my computer, I can enable or disable it per application profile with Nvidia Profile Inspector and it seems to actually work for me that way in the games I tried.
    Just because some youtube streamer that doesn't seem to be interested in researching why they are getting the results is stating something as fact, doesn't mean it has to be so universally. Perhaps if credible journalists begin to report the same thing and cover all their bases there could be something to it, but right now I'm skeptical that the whitelist wouldn't work as I'm seeing different results myself.

I myself would love to see Hilbert research the matter with various system configurations and settings in one of his nicely written articles.

Back to the topic of the thread, the 466.11 drivers seem to be working fine for me on various systems in any games and applications we've been using here.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Dan Longman, Neo Cyrus and dr_rus like this.
  19. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    I had to update my video card bios (To get Resizable BAR ) and put in the beta bios and gained 200 points in Port royal.

Asus Tuf 3090 OC bios version beta 1901

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    What have they done to GeForce Experience... My god, why do they keep changing stuff that is unnecessary.

Is this the "ERA Corrupt"?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  21. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You can install the driver without GFE unless you really need it, I only used in the past for recording/streaming, the rest of GFE is just bloat.

loracle and Aldek like this.