Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation Part 2

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    anyone just blind do this update and not read the changes?? :rolleyes:

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Of course, makes life more interesting not knowing what you've agreed to :D

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Oh i know what I getting in to i just do the updates anyway, MS Updates about only thing I dont install without seeing what it for and does and even then it defered for week (cu.etc) and 180 days (Build), For obvious reasons:rolleyes:

HK-1 and Extraordinary like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think the FF specifc TDR are back? I just had after very very very long time of not seeing them in FF.

First I thought MY PC froze cause Mouse would not move then screen went out, All as I was in Firefox going to my bookmarks. and as far as I can tell everything else is fine I have not TDR anywhere else other then when specificly in Firefox and doing something in Firefox

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    About 2 weeks ago I had a series of lockups, system freeze's, the only way out is to hit reset/reboot. At first, I thought it was my OC or HW as before with Nvidia driver I would see a flash of screen and then an event log of driver reset, well with these freeze's there were no event logs. I narrowed it down to two things, I went back to FF on CPU, no GPU acceleration, and I pulled vid card and found the paste was totally all dried up so repasted.
    So far since then no freezes before it would freeze up about once or twice a day, mostly once.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    firefox doesn't hit the gpu hard enough for "dried" tim to result in TDR's.

Correlation=/=Causation,

Consider the other action you took in the process of replacing the tim

the act of powering down the system and reseating components is the reason the issue is resolved

You would notice abnormal temperature spikes and overheating while gaming, but not TDR's (unless you went beyond 105c)

Cards like your MSI 970 Gaming 4G can shift in the slot over time through weight (and not having a solid reinforced backplate that holds the card perfectly straight across its entire plane), hence why the question "Have you removed and reseated the card" is commonly asked.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    The card was not seeing high temps, it runs very cool, during gaming it might hit a max of 65c, after repaste it only went down a few c(avg 60c) but the paste was shot.
    Could be resetting the card, while the card is not heavy it can lean a bit due to the PCIE cables, maybe I will get a brace to keep it straight.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Lower temps are good of course, just not likely to be in your case the catalyst for issues haha.

Are the cables coming from below or above the card? never the less, a good idea, the cable tension can definitely be a factor.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    When I first installed the card back in 2014 for first time I had the power cabled coming from low in back on MB tray up to the card corner. After a yr or so I noticed it was pulling down the card in the corner so I changed so the power cable comes in from MB tray above it so cables have less weight to them, that doesn't make the card exactly straight at all but helps in the sag.

The issue is fixed none the less, been like 3 weeks and no issue with it now.

Astyanax likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That's all anyone can ever ask for really :D

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Something to think about if my issue happens again I will see where cables come, pretty sure it all coming from MoboTray hole that about level with where gpu and Mobo 24pin connection is are and not straight up from psu cause I routed everything behind the MoboTray to begin with is coming from but unless it happens again I not bothering to open my pc up, which why I ran out wire for some of my fans

Almost all GPU sag though there getting to long and heavy and Slot in case and slot in MB mitigate that only some much

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Cheers Ed :)

About time the New Tab screen went dark too, to fit in with the rest of it :D

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I wish the menu options (bookmarks,etc) would go dark mode to match the rest.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Still using Shadowfox, well A modified version of it to fix issue with security tab that was never fixed that I did my self, sadly project is abandoned at this point.

Would stop using if Mozilla figure out dark mode means everything including menus and bookmarks.... it was why I was annoyed when they got rid of full themes and started using Shadowfox in first place

Hear us Mozilla?! give a PROPER Dark Mode it been how many years since all this and they still didnt fiqure out that

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    [​IMG]

About

A web extension that redirects Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google Maps, Reddit, Google Search, & Google Translate requests to privacy friendly alternatives - Nitter, Invidious, FreeTube, Bibliogram, OpenStreetMap, SimplyTranslate & Private Search Engines like DuckDuckGo and Startpage.
    It's possible to toggle all redirects on and off. The extension will default to using random instances if none are selected. If these instances are not working, you can try and set a custom instance from the list below.
    Custom instances

Privacy Redirect allows setting custom instances, instances can be found here:

Source: https://github.com/SimonBrazell/privacy-redirect

20. AuRiMaS666

AuRiMaS666 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Ever since Shadowfox was abandoned I've been a happy user of this one:

https://github.com/Izheil/Quantum-Nox-Firefox-Dark-Full-Theme

vf, BetA and tsunami231 like this.