Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The fps stays mostly the same when using either 1080p or 768p..weird

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have the same graphic card,mine fails on 1080p when i jump the plane or after 5 min of gameplay,it s random

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I will monitor and get back to u

4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    How's your power consumption when using 1080p? Do you see any spikes when selecting that resolution? Try undervolting a little bit then test again and see if it's more stable.

I know COD:MW has had strange effects on peoples systems which are otherwise perfectly fine. Try and let us know.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Could you run MSI AB and check the CPU/GPU utilization? Usually that'd mean the CPU is maxed out.
    Did you install the regular multiplayer of MW by any means?

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    No i don t have multiplayer

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    How do u do undervolting? I ve never done this stuff before, and how can i check the spikes?, otherwise i get no fps drops in cs go,no.problems whatsoever

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    https://i.ibb.co/8dw8wc5/20210411-122914.jpg
    This is monitoring while gaming at 1080p in this game
    at 768p the gpu using never goes above 80 %, maybe there s something wrong with the gpu or cpu usage in my system i don t know ,waiting on the experts reply here thx
    i managed to play 1 game without crash at 1600*900 , gpu usage was 99 % and cpu usage was 65-70 % i think there s a problem there with the cpu usage i dont know if that s ok, i7 6700k at 4.0 not enough for this game!!!!, this is too much.....

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Check if "threading optimization" is turned on or off in the driver menu, I'd prefer "off".
    High CPU usage at lower resolutions is to be expected, at least as long as you're not using any form of framerate imit. The CPU's processing power would always limit the framerate, no matter where.
    If your GPU usage at that point is at over 90%, that could mean there's a problem though simply showing the system is maxed out.
    But: You said the game was working normally before they were merged together?

The CPU could really be an issue with Nvidia cards and DX12 (driver overhead and such).

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Game was working perfectly fine before the merging of the game , the problem started after the multiple updates that came during the holiday season end of december, before that i never had a problem.with the game, could it be a failing ram doing these random crashes ? Because whenever i put 1080p and play i get eithet dev error 6068 or a sudden freeze and back to desktop...

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It could, yes, but "normally" that should rather lead to problems at lower resolutions due to the higher CPU usage.
    The Warzone main screen, where you'd see your character walking around, works normally?

12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    I was going to ask about this because it was confusing. Modern Warfare name is nowhere to be found on Battle.net. The only time the name Modern Warfare appears is at the main menu of the game to choose between Cold War, Warzone and MW.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    They renamed it Warzone. If you bought the full game, you can install the packages (campaign, multiplayer & coop) in addition to Warzone.

14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    They should have separated Warzone and Modern Warfare.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Absolutely.

16. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi All

Is there a way to just install Modern Warfare without warzone? 50GB of downloads for a game I will never play seems a bit overboard.

17. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    nope there is not

[​IMG]

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Bummer, I guess I'll not reinstall this game.

TUVM

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yes that works normally, there s a small lag when the loading screen comes when u enter a warzone game, that s all

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I don t have any problems at lower resolutions, that s the weird thing about it, i can t really make out what the problem is here, one of the weirdest pc stuff that i ever happened to me, and i don t know what to do now, i can only play the game without crashes with any resolution other than 1080p..