Micro stuttering when games are in Fullscreen mode

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lop734, Mar 22, 2021.

1. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    How is this still a thing in 2021.I swear this is an issue that has been going on for years.

Wierdly even if you disable everything under gaming it still runs in the background (even tho it seems to not take any resources) but it seems to be doing something anyway since some ppl report improvement stutter wise.

Guess microsoft can't be bothered to properly disable the thing when it should be disabled.That's just sloppy.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    In which version of Windows you did this? 20H2 or older?

3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    I guess its the FSE option that makes certain games stutter and not the DVR. You can easily disable FSE in right-click game exe compatibility tab.

4. dcGColts

dcGColts New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 GamOC
    I was going to suggest if you have gsync make sure window/fullscreen is set, disable xbox game dvr, disable full screen optimization, etc before reformatting but I wouldn't be surprised if Armoury Crate was issue. As for power plan balanced/power saving by default lower GPU to save power.

I had Corsair iCue 3 and 4 causing games to crash the culprit was "Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration" so I disabled the service no more crash. This is a big problem with these software suites they install all this junk you don't need and most of it sticks around even after uninstalling program. Anything that's installed when installing a program should be removed when that same program is removed. And corsair should only be using/installing this service if a corsair headset is detected.

I've had an issue with gigabyte's RGB fusion one of its services was causing games to alt-tab.

Then there is Dragon center man what a nightmare that app can be at first. They make deleting the crap they install like lan manager some what hidden within the app. Would be nice if upon installing we could pick and choose what we need.

Try turning off fast boot completely in bios and most importantly "right click Windows Icon bottom left taskbar -> Power Options -> Additional Power Settings near top right -> choose what power buttons do -> change settings that are current unavailable -> uncheck turn on fast startup (it's best to also make sure its off in bios to prevent any issues). Reboot PC see if it fixes it if it doesn't just make sure to turn fast startup back on if you want it on.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Well, when you get around to do a clean Windows install, make sure you don't install anything. No 3rd party anti-virus, no audio or NIC driver outside of what Windows installs on its own, no utilities. If the problem isn't there at first, then install the stuff you usually install one by one and test in-between to see if one of them causes the issue.

Smough, Ant1Cheater and mbk1969 like this.
  6. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    20H2

7. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Thanks!