DEATHLOOP

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Very nice trailer. What a shame I don't particularly enjoy these "respawn and try again" games. I like games with strong sense of progression. And honestly, I'm seriously afraid that the hunter girl will be annoying af.

2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I've read that she can be turned off - the hunter is (IIRC) supposed to work like a Dark Souls invasion (so it's controlled by another player). I don't know if they changed it, though.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, you can play the entire game completely single player.

KissSh0t likes this.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Good.

While I'm excited to play it, I want to play it in the best state possible.

Ever since DisHonored 2's rough PC release, Arkane have stated they would not release a game until it was "ready". And, they've stayed true to that. PREY, Death of the Outsider... great PC launches.
    Seems with Deathloop they are again sticking to their word and making sure it's ready before releasing.

Which makes me happy. I'm more then willing to wait.

7. Delay doesn't necessarily mean you will get a polished game (cough Cyberpunk cough). It usually means there were some problems during development and planning.

sunkid likes this.
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not always.
    You can't generalize and assume every delay is because of the same thing.

You use Cyberpunk as an example, but in reality it was a game that was not delayed enough.

9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I liked vita chambers in bioshock
    saves you time on loading screens

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've always found those complaints a little funny...

People hated on Prey 2006 for it's Death Walk mechanic. Saying "it makes the game too easy, means there's no consequence if you die"... as opposed to what? Loading a checkpoint?
    It's just more time you are actually "in game" as opposed to looking at a load screen.

Undying likes this.

11. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    No, that's not 'Good'. And people should reconsider about quickly throwing out this semi-flawed assertion. Here' why:

1. the delaying of a game means that something is still NOT GOOD in terms of the game development - might be anything, from gameplay mechanics to uncertainty about various game features
    2. delaying a game does not guarantee it will live up to the expectations
    3. the delayed time is not used to work on bugs; it may mean major revamps of important features
    4. the myth that a delayed game is better is just a myth

I personally consider this game a risky one. Why? Because it brings innovation. And each time innovation is the aim, there's need of a large amount of resources and many (re)iterations of the concept until things reach the desired objectives.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Everything you say is just an assumption.
    You are assuming it was delayed for this reason or that. A game being delayed could be the result of fine tuning gameplay, tweaking pacing/flow... improving performance/optimization or fixing bugs.

You say it isn't good it was delayed, would you rather they release it in May instead? Not give it the time it needs... just push it out instead?

Delays are good when they are used properly. And, you're right, it doesn't promise it will meet expectations. But nothing does.
    There is no certainty that the game will live up to what people expect. But, the team delaying the game because it's not ready is a good thing.

And, it's not a "myth". Extra development time is a good thing, and can lead to a better title. If the time is used properly.
    And there's no reason, no sign... to make someone think Arkane are not doing everything they can to make the game the best possible game it can be.

Again, After DisHonored 2, Arkane promised they would never release a game before it was ready. Saying they knew DH2 wasn't ready on PC, but thought they could fix it with updates, but instead realized they let fans down.
    And made the statement that they would do better in the future.
    And since then, they've stayed true to that statement. Making sure their games are only released when they are ready. If they delayed Deathloop, it's because they needed the extra time to get the game to where it needs to be.

Not sure where this reaction that "delays are bad" came from. People constantly say they don't want rushed games, don't want unfinished games. But, when a title is delayed people freak out and assume the worst.
    A delay is not a mark of death. Doom Eternal was delayed.
    Yes, Cyberpunk was delayed and still came out in rough shape. That's because it wasn't delayed enough to give the team time to actually fix the game.

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Exactimoniously.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *has flashbacks of duke nukem forever*

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    One thing is to delay a game, to make sure it is polished and fun.
    Another thing, is to delay a game because of hubris. If it wasn't for George Broussard, DNF could have been released much earlier.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well from the look of it .. the general game-play - it's Dishonored evolved to the point that guns have their own place.
    environments - Dishonored.
    skills\movement - Dishonored.

if this game will lack a solid story, it's a no go for me. the more videos i see the less i feel interested in it.

will keep following.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Just makes me think of Rage 2

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I dont think thats a good thing.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Kind of why I'm unsure about the game... I will wait for it to be out for a while to better gauge what the game actually is because I feel what they have shown of it so far has not done a good job of that.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's Arkane.
    It'll be a day one buy for me. Arkane have never disappointed, each game has been fantastic.