RTX 3060 with 470.05 not hashrate restricted

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hapghost, Mar 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. f_sn

f_sn Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    [QUOTE = "LLm45c0, post: 5895849, membro: 285952"] Ok pessoal, meu PNY agora funciona a 50mh / s.
    O que eu faço:
    - Desconecte o cabo LAN
    - Remova o driver anterior com DDU sem reiniciar o PC
    - Instale o driver Nvidia Dev
    - Sintonize com MSI Afterburner (MEM: +1500, CORE: +100, PL: 70%)

Editar:
    No meu caso, o monitor ou manequim deve ser conectado, caso contrário, a queda de hashr em cerca de 27 mh / s [/ QUOTE]
    obrigado pela feedback

jura11 likes this.
  2. antoinerude

antoinerude Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    [QUOTE = "h45h3ncryp73d, post: 5903235, member: 286564"] On dirait que vous utilisez binance pool ... oui, cela arrive avec eux ... surtout si vous utilisez votre carte simultanément pour d'autres choses pendant l'exploitation minière ... [ /CITATION]
    Indeed, I use binance pool, there is something better to have a better yield and better stability?

3. Xerp

Xerp Guest

GPU:
    I have a 2x16 motherboard (asus tuf gaming x570 plus br) and it is working now with a 3090 + 3060 12gb, but i only get ~48mhs with the card in the main slot, both slots works on 16GT/s checked with HWInfo and before the change of the 3060 12gb to main slot i have tried to use another monitor in this card but it only gets 26mhs .... do you know what is happening ??

4. matheo99

matheo99 Guest

GPU:
    of course it wont be able. 4*8 = 32

5. bg17aw

bg17aw Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3060 12Gb
    there is a video on the internet with 10 GPUs, it is not all about the CPU. Some motherboards have dedicated chips for this.
    Otherwise, since there is no CPU with more than 40 lanes, we would have a bottleneck at 5 gpus. I might be wrong though, but this is how I understand it

6. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    you mean like this?
    since SLI, which requires x8 also, has been declining, let alone 4x, you won't find mainstream mobo support anymore.

however i just need to swap mobos as i'm still sitting on ivy if i find a MVE there are a few socket 1151 boards also.

there was a a day when quad SLI was the ultimate epeen . . .

7. h45h3ncryp73d

h45h3ncryp73d Guest

GPU:
    Multiple
    So any ideas if ASUS WS Z390 PRO (supports PCIe 3 /8x/8x/8x/8x) with i3 would manage to work 4x 3060 at full speed regarding CUP PCIe lanes?

8. antoinerude

antoinerude Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Hello, I allow myself to relaunch my question which has not been answered. In addition, which altcoin do you think is better to mine with an RTX 3060, eth, cortex, rvn?

9. h45h3ncryp73d

h45h3ncryp73d Guest

GPU:
    Multiple
    You should take into consideration several factors ...
    1) Each pool has pool fee - Binance pool has lowest one - 0.5% and most others have 1%. Not much difference perhaps, but on the other hand you can see it as 50% lower fee than other pools or other pools have 100% higher fee than Binance pool. But Binance pool only supports sha256 and ethash mining (at the time).
    2) Additionally you will need a mining program. Again not all mining programs support all mining algos and have different fees. For ETH they vary from 0.65% to 1%. And you should look for ones more frequently updated. My experience is phoenix was showing highest hash rates but with quite high reject rate, when I switched to teamredminer (just for AMD) and later to gminer reject rates were gone.
    3) I was concerned with the fact pool size has impact on revenue, but it turned out it does not therefore Ad 1) Binance pool is a good choice ...
    4) Usually it is quite easy to (at least approximately) determine which coin to mine - go to whattomine.com or similar site and enter your card or hash rate and it will tell you regarding current coin prices what is the most profitable coin to mine ... With 3060 things get a bit tricky as all mining calculators account 3060 as capable of achieving 25 MH/s so they're not quite applicable ... But at least for the moment the choice is easy - Ethereum is by far the most profitable coin to mine ... the thing is nobody know for how long before ETH2.0 kicks in ...

Hope this helps you a bit ...

10. macten643

macten643 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super 8GB
    Need help with unlocking my Palit RTX 3060 StormX ! I have a dozen of RTX 3060 from different brands, but only one card will not get unlocked by using nvidia 470.05 driver.

The bios of my card is 96.06.14.00.A6 and it is directly connected to my second PCIe x16 Slot running @ x8 3.0 . the rest configuration of my system is: Win 10 20H2 (build 19042.867) , Nvidia 470.05 driver (clean with DDU), 8GB RAM, i5-3470 , 700W PSU, 128GB SSD, Mainboard ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe, T-rex 0.20.00 . First PCIe Slot: RTX 3060 MSI gaming X Trio Second PCIe Slot: RTX 3060 Palit StormX

I can confirm that my mainboard and cpu are supporting pcie gen3 and bios settings are correct (force gen3). Putting any other of my 3060 cards in this slot will work with unlocked hashrate for both cards in the system (already tested). Switching the Palit StormX 3060 to any of my other systems with different mainboards(which are all working well with my other 3060's) brings no success - still unlocked. Running the Palit StormX as single primary card in x16 3.0 mode - still unlocked. I tried different of my HDMI dummy plugs, that are doing their work great on other cards. I even tried direct monitor connection via HDMI - no luck. I can confirm the StormX is not faulty, because hashrate with ravencoin is ok and memory controller is on full load. For finding the problem I disabled MSI afterburner and tried mining without any OC or powerlimit, as a result the StormX is still limited in hashrate (see screenshot with all info).
    noUnlock.JPG

For me it looks like the hashrate limiter is still alive, because memory controller load is @ 65% and power usage only @ 115W compared to the first gpu (unlocked) is still eating 150W without setting a power limit.

All I couldn't test yet is to connect a display port monitor/dummy to the Palit StormX.

Any other ideas?

11. bg17aw

bg17aw Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3060 12Gb
    A few methods to have multiple cards unlocked:

- monitor with multiple HDMI ports, the monitor desn't have to be turned on
    - TV with multiple HDMI ports, Samsung TV doesn't need to be turned on. LG tv needs to be turned on (in my case, at least)
    - HDMI dummy: you can make your own, just search on google "how to make your own HDMI plug)

12. Mavro360

Mavro360 Guest

GPU:
    Rtx 2070
    Hello.
    I can't quite understand what cpu to use on my gigabyte motherboard "ga-p67a ud4 - b3" with 2 pci-e working at 8x / 8x 3.0. My choice is "xeon E3 1225".

Will it work for 2x 3060?
    the pci version of the microprocessor also influences?

On the intel website, in the specifications of this cpu it is indicated that it is version 2.0 ...

If not...
    What cpu do you recommend for this mobo... I have 2 3060, the motherboard, the memories, the hdd and the power supply and I need to buy the cpu.

THANKS a lot

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  13. macten643

macten643 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super 8GB
    I'm sorry to say, but you need a new motherboard. On the gigabyte website you can find the description for your mainboard "All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard" .
    To get the 3060 unlocked you need PCIexpress 3.0 x8 speed at least. Beside of the motherboard your CPU is not compatible too. There are some reports on the net with different mainboard/cpu combos not certified for PCIe gen 3 but working instead. But these are only a handful of guys who managed to get this working(mostly Server-Boards or i7 CPUs). In General you need an i5 Ivy-Bridge CPU or higher/newer to have PCIe Gen 3 support on the CPU side. Hope that helps.

Mavro360 likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the E3 1225v2 is 8GT/s unofficially,

Mavro360 likes this.
  15. macten643

macten643 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super 8GB
    My issue was solved by using a DisplayPort dummy. Now the hashrate of my Palit 3060 StormX is fully unlocked. It is still the first of all 3060's with this behavior. Gainward Pegasus with same PCB and same bios version is working well with HDMI dummy(running 2 of them by myself)

16. antoinerude

antoinerude Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    I can't find the best settings for ETH mining, do you have any ideas?

ghfhfg.png

17. Santiago Guibert

Santiago Guibert Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3060
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Hi folks i have a question, would running my gpu 24/7 with a max hot spot of 73C be ok?

19. NikG

NikG Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3070
    Hi, can you help me, I really can't find where the problem is. Here is a screenshot of the gpu-z monitoring, but I can't reach more than 26 mh/s. Am I missing something, because the card works on x16 3 gen. I also use a 470.05 driver. Thanks in advance
    upload_2021-4-18_18-3-21.png

20. matheo99

matheo99 Guest

GPU:
    do u have hdmi dummy or monitor plugged in?