Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Did you caped your framerate below refresh rate?

2. Hunti2k

Hunti2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Yip, also did that in some game testing, still the problems as mentioned.
    In Cyberpunk for example, I cant reach the 120 fps anyway haha

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I got device removed crashes with this driver in Cemu (Vulkan). No setting has been changed in my system except the driver and enabling ReBar + Above 4G decoding in the BIOS.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Haven't seen any reports on discord.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I thought 256MB chunks was always the default? Was it something else?

6. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If unwhitelisted games are just limited to 256MB via GeForce driver, is there a drawback? What I mean is if the Hardware and the driver stack wants to adress the large address range but then there is a limit at the nvidia driver, might that cause issues or does everything that isn't whitelisted exactly run as "pre-rBAR"?

I can't see any drawback on my PC so far, I am just curious...

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    They are, but its not really correct to say that ReBar gets disabled in the games that aren't whitelisted.

I'm still not 100% on the specifics, but WDDM 2.0 made specific requirements for Bar reconfiguration to allow it on the fly without a reboot (the only reboot being to enable its capabilities at bios and firmware levels).

The bar should reconfigure down to 256MB's when unwhitelisted games are running, and back to vram total on running one that does - it should even be possible to request a particular bar size..... ah... and that just gave me an idea on what could be occuring with people getting bad performance, unwhitelisted utilities running on top of whitelisted utilities causing the bar to flip between min and max capability (microsoft says the card won't service any requests during programming).

I just reached that conclusion myself, since the bar is resizeable on the fly it could be doing so in certain conditions.

https://composter.com.ua/documents/ECN_Resizable-BAR_24Apr2008.pdf

JonasBeckman and PrMinisterGR like this.
  8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Wouldn't that mean that the Nvidia approach is kind of bad? In the sense that it requires too much control over a setting that should basically just be "there".

I will try to enable ReBar in Cemu to see what happens. Also, what about applications ran via something like Steam big picture. Do they "inherit" those settings?

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the profile system isn't inheritance based, so the settings for steam/egs, etc do not affect the game.

but the settings for both applications can load at the same time and affect them individually.

Device state type settings are overides though, you can't have Optimal/Normal while another application has Prefer max, and both are active.

if its been implemented properly, Rebar should respect the application setting the highest Bar size - so its possible theres not even an issue here.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  10. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Hi,
    for this driver,and the drivers latelely as well, there seems to be an increase in folders. I was curious, what are the only necessary install folders (for those of us only interested in driver, audio, and physics only)?
    (no telemetry, no ansel. no shadowplay, no geforce experience, no ras dll, no nvtopps, no FBC etc, just want core functionality and none of the fluff.

I ask because even if you put a check mark in for just driver, audio and physics, the rest of the stuff gets installed anyhow, ignoring the check marks. This is what prompts me to do it manually.

is it:
    Display Driver
    HD Audio
    Physics
    Nv12

__
    are the PPC and nodejs folders necessary?
    (yes, and modify the cfg to remove Eula)

I ask because one utility removes PPC but keeps geforce exp, - another utility removes the rest but keeps PPC, in this forum, there are dedicated and very kind folks that make clean versions, and the like, and they do a great job. Hence the question on the PPC and the nodejs folders.

it seemed to work without those folders, but was curios what in core functionality are the requisite items.

THX

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021

11. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Try the clean driver thread, but also enjoy a higher risk of more anomalies with your perpetual b0rk machine.

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    COD:Warzone (mp) crashes with DX error encountered with latest patch on my GTX1070, anyone else?

13. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Not in WZ but I had one or two "device lost" crashes in Apex on alt-tab.
    But it's likely a game issue not drivers.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  14. Marek848

Marek848 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    yes GTX 1070 .Cold War,Warzone,Dirt 5........crashes with DX error

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Stormyandcold likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    oh look, more insider users who don't read threads beyond the title.

16. morrowindmemes

morrowindmemes New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650Ti 4Gb
    Hey, anybody in here also has Vulkan issues like me on this driver? At my end i've encountered issues at RDR2 and any other title that uses Vulkan. I'm not certainly sure but the problem is that games can't detect any device that use Vulkan which is wrong as my GPU (1650Ti) has the Vulkan capabilities but as i said i'm not certainly sure about this. The only solution i found for now is disable the Vega graphics from device manager and re-enable it. After that games run OK.

And as a proof to my idea here is a log file entry when i try to use DXVK which is Vulkan injector for old titles that use D3D9 or similar:

warn: DXVK: No adapters found. Please check your device filter settings and Vulkan setup

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  17. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've rolled back and now Warzone is working with the last driver 461.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you have a vega apu in the system, this is a known issue with amd's current drivers due to introducing a broken vulkan layer.

See https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Loader/issues/552 for workaround

There is no issue with dx12 and these drivers on supported Release versions of Windows.

Insiders on the other hand, have issues.

morrowindmemes likes this.
  19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    IMHO, that's important information which helps people. I don't see why there's any negativity needed. We are here to report our findings, regardless of which version of Windows we're using. The fact that an older driver works means the problem is still with the Nvidia driver, even if it's just a lack of support issue. The next driver I'm sure will fix these issues. IME, it's not a common problem that I've seen in over 2yrs of testing insider builds.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Aye, and I'm pointing out the distinction that matters here, Insider vs Released/Final build users.

Nvidia isn't actively developing(or testing) the GRD on Insider builds and are using the 19041.xxx version of the WDK/Toolchain for development, so only 1904x users can expect the driver to work properly.
    Insider builds are being built with Preview/Non Final Visual Studio editions and the toolchains they provide, and drivers for those insider builds are too as thats how you get access to the new driver model features.

That said, the driver will work fine for anyone who prefers not to use GFE, and those who disabled the offending settings.