Nioh II alpha gameplay

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2019.

1. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    This is by no means scientific but i did capture some still shots and in fact there's a lot of easily visible ghosting and other artifacts, which leads me to believe that it truly is one of worst DLSS implementations.

Ghosting mostly occurs on high-contrast areas and with emissive/bright objects - for the reference, this is NOT motion blur.

[​IMG]
    Monsters left arm clearly ghosts

[​IMG]
    Ghosting clearly visible on hair

[​IMG]
    Toyo's face clearly ghosts on left edge during the camera pan

[​IMG]
    Scene gets classic "painterly" visuals that are common across many AI upscalers, mostly visible on monsters hair.

Aside from ghosting which i guess can be mitigated by tweaking values, i guess the other issue stems from low resolution textures as DLSS requires offsetting mipmap bias to lower negative values to give textures more detail for the upscaler to work with but in case of post-stamp sized Nioh 2 textures, there's simply not enough to work with.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game uses Dynasty Warriors 9 engine which is quite troublesome

3. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It also appears that KB/M controls are technically more bugged than they were in Nioh 1 as in some instances of menuing, alt tabbing or opening steam overlay, mouse button functions start triggering combo functions like dashes and yokai shift with no real option of fixing it other than outright restarting the entire game.

Never had such issue with entirety of the first game but in Nioh 2 i can get this bug anywhere between 30 minutes of gameplay to ~2 hours.
    Mildly infuriating when it happens because you cannot really progress anymore when it happens.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

5. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I really wish they would get around to fixing the LOD and shadow distances, right now it's really distracting at times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    LOOKs like DF covered LOD in the video post#24 negative BIAS -0.5.
    I tried the game on PC with a controller and during tutorials I could not hit key combinations correctly . It became so annoying I just uninstalled the game, may revisit game and check out DLSS.

7. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Did some experiments with DLSS.
    With LOD bias set at -1.0, desktop set to 4k so i could also run the game at 4k in order to run DLSS at performance mode (50% resolution, other factors are very uneven).
    I managed to get a native for me 1080 rendering with DLSS for AA purposes.

Performance hit is quite hefty but otherwise image quality is superb.

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    LOD distances in the game are set at pretty whimsical fashion and fact that PC has overall smallest distance scale only serves to highlight that:
    https://streamable.com/y36piu

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    PC verison bugg? ON PS4 and PS5(verison) I dont see such issue They do drop animations framerate dramaticly on things in distance though. also notice AF isnt really use in alot games consoles or at very least isnt even remotely 8 or even 16x, which think in day age should be on by default at min of 8x

And there game I notice on PS5 that literely draw thing in after split second moving camera in anydirection that right next you, Like on PS5 version of Control example there is dish/sats around control points but some time they take second to drawin after moving there camera, at thing something right next you

10. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Bug with randomized mouse inputs was making me pull out my hair until someone told me one of 100% reliable ways to induce it.

There is a critical issue where certain things can trigger a bug where mouse buttons will swap functions randomly with no way of fixing it other than rebooting the game once it happens.

100% reliable way of triggering the issue is done simply via using the "order emotes" function in gestures menu. Personally I believe this can also happen through alt-tabbing and extensive menuing if the game is left running for over an hour but those are hardly reproducible.

Here's a video with KB/M overlay illustrating the issue:

Hopefully KT will get around to fixing it before dropping the support.

11. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
  12. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Something seems wrong with your setup or drivers if the GPU isn't pushed to 100% without CPU bottleneck.
    Out of curiosity i tried using DXVK and as expected the game performed worse as i already had 99% GPU usage on DX11

13. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    sorry i forget the fps lock it was locked at 69fps with rivatune

DX11 perform worst when there is much particle effect fps hit to 40fps-30fps now with Vulkan no fps drop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my gpu is under voltage to max 700mv 1519mhz

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  14. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    First game is now free on EGS.

Undying likes this.