Final thought for the night ..

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by DannyD, Apr 8, 2021.

1. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The dreams where wild animals are loose on the streets are the best ones no? Scary as all hell but very exciting.
    The world could do with the animals taking over for a while right now, to mend the broken human ties many have lost due to the 'Rona through banding together taking on and surviving the beasts.
    Not to mention how exciting being on the streets with full grown tigers, apes, rinos and the like would be.
    No doubt the army would step in unlike in the dreams where it's purely us against them, or better said them against us.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Except that this is not Discovery channel, having wild animals roaming the streets is by far, one of worst nightmares.
    We humans, we so forgot how to live in nature.
    Also, we forgot that Nature encourages mutual dependence, and artificially put ourselves on the top of the food chain.
    Having all that mixed with "Rona" and the Army, takes the nightmare to the next level.

Reclusive781 and DannyD like this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You do realize the wild animals would tear us to shreds?

Re-reading your post I don't think "us" against "them" as in humans against animals is anything good, fun or exciting, not least because it's completely wrong train of thought.
    Humans are animals too btw. Actually humans are the only animals that knowingly harm themselves, no other animal is that stupid.

But given this is likely another derail, flame and close thread, I'll leave now.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  4. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Whatever strain you're hitting, try something maybe biased more toward an Indica. ;)

alanm and DannyD like this.

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I will TRY keep my comments as non-political as possible but while I think the OP thoughts would be nice to see and experience, it is not reality considering that possibly, nah it is, humans are THE invasive species and apex predator (until aliens or KaiJu pops up!). Humans will carve out their area and setup boundaries, like how it is now.

Wasn't there a game that actually simulated this on the PS4 or PS3? Where the wild took over Tokyo? Found it...

Imagine trying to live with the above... gonna be tough!

DannyD likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I practically never remember my dreams.

Airbud and DannyD like this.
  7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Love you guys.:)

AsiJu and Airbud like this.
  8. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I remember mine for about 5 minutes after I wake up then it's gone...where did that memory go?
    do I clear all my dream cookies every morning?...:D

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    [​IMG]

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Okay I probably took the topic a bit too seriously, if this was more about "what if real life were like dreams".

Carry on :)

Airbud and DannyD like this.
  12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Read this, you'll get your animals on the streets. It is good read.
    It is easy to learn to enter dream state while being conscious. Problem is that it eats tons of energy. And such "half-sleep" does not recover/heal body.

Only thing one needs is to remember feeling of micro-sleep. And then relax with intent to sleep, but as this feeling of brain switching comes, you try to focus.
    At 1st you will overshoot and get into waking state again. But in few tries, you are there. You'll hit that zone.

I use it for problem solving when I hit something so complex that usual approaches bring no results. Brain processes many times more information in dream state per unit of time. And is not burdened/distracted by body and surroundings.

But there is downside to overusing it. Your brain will auto-tune to dream state easily even in normal sleep. More costly dreaming, less recovery. But sometimes it is better to have controlled dreams than uncontrollable nightmares.
    - - - -
    Other way is to use relaxing sounds which help people sleep. Like light storm sounds in background. Fireplace sounds. Unintelligible group talk. ASMR w/o talking. ... Just about anything that works for you. As it make it easy not to overshoot focus.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    DannyD and Airbud like this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I had a recurring dream a couples years ago about lions and crocodiles on my land. I live in a very rural area with around 40 acres and in the dream they never attacked, but they were there and I always kept my distance from them. Not sure what that's all about. My dreams are very vivid and lifelike, been messing around with lucid dreaming for a while. I also dream a lot about recently deceased I was very close to, my grandfather, father, and a really close friend of mine.

HK-1, DannyD, Fox2232 and 2 others like this.
  14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I used to get many extracts sent from Amsterdam before it was outlawed.
    Salvia Divinorum, insane vivid dreams always set in future, and Damiana, always sweet dreams every night without fail almost.
    With salvia they weren't every night but tbh you wouldn't want those kind every night. Salvia is known to show users the 'future'.:)

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I see myself above the animals, i'm an old skool christian, like those from 100ad ❤️

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Good for you

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    What is mining in one sentence?

Mining is enabling anonymous transactions to take place from which you get a cut.

19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Why don't rich folks tend to use eye contact as much as the rest of us?
    Is it cause they've been bought up to see others as non-human?
    Ya'll rich folks may have money, end of the day you're all gonna die like the rest of us.
    :)

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Eh what? Been drinking a bit too much?