AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 21.3.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 29, 2021.

1. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Changing the power mode does the trick. :cool:

With balanced mode, I have spikes sometimes. With performance mode - everything is stable. Tested on 1809 and 21H1 builds.

UPDATE: This works only when hardware acceleration in the browser is turned off. When the browser uses hardware acceleration - I have spikes always, despite the power plan and drivers I use (20.12.2 or 21.3.2).

WH acceleration off / on
    hw.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    Just to add here that with old drivers 20.4.2 (that I have to use for a specific game) no problems are detected:
    [​IMG]

3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    No issues here with latest drivers at UFO test either at 120hz or 240hz and balanced mode.

4. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Freesync broken here with 10-Bit Pixel Format enabled, every game stutters.

5. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Radeon driver 21.3.2
    [​IMG]
    See attachments below.
    60hz stutter to 55hz, 120hz stutters to 115hz with Radeon driver 21.3.2, Radeon 21.2.x everything fine.

Attached Files:

installer1985 likes this.
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Another solid set, Got my core to 2750mhz on AIR! Yes it's rock solid and played Nier Automata Become As Gods Edition, and it boosted to 2702! Diablo 3 even hit 2702!

I'm really impressed with this piece of hardware. XFX has proven themselves to me with the Mercury 319 Speedster series. Other games that hit 2702 are....

Horizon Zero Dawn
    FF XV
    Resident EVIL 2 and 3
    Vermintide 2
    Cyberpunk 2077 with Ray-Tracing....I test it once in a while, but this game .....
    Doom Eternal
    Anthem - Yes...I like this game...the gameplay is fun and its visually stunning. Maybe repetitive but the fun factor keeps it going for me.
    Battlefront 2
    Fallout 76 - Surprised me!
    Dark Souls 3 - Also unexpected
    Borderlands 3

I've zero stutters on my Odyssey G77 2k 240hz, or Sony VH1 4k 120hz.

Not using Anti-Lag but am using Enhanced Sync and VRR, Freesync Premium Pro enabled.

On TV just using Enhanced Sync and it works fine.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Cant say I have ever heard repetative and fun in the same sentence

but good for you mate, 2.7ghz on a gpu is just mind blowing to be fair

not so long ago cpu's were just about breaking 3ghz now gpu's are about too also

crazy

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    10 bit pixel format is not for pure gaming. Fake 10bpc only for hdmi/dp. You keep either format for video and image reproduction / processing, or freesync for gaming. You cannot use and even if you could they aren't meant to be used together. You are not ought to do whatever you want with gpu.

Agonist likes this.
  9. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Does anyone here play Hunt: Showdown? I used to crash all the time but then just took of my VRAM OC and it stopped completely and now with the latest driver, though there has also been a big patch to the game, I am getting the crash again. My screen goes black and I can hear the world sounds still but I cannot hear my friend on discord and he cannot hear me. The sounds persist for about 5-10 seconds and then a hear a quick BSOD sound and the GPU fans ramp to 100% and my motherboard LED displays D6 which means "no console output found" and I have to either hold down the power button on the case for a few seconds to hard shutdown or flip the switch on the PSU. There is no error in the event viewer so windows is logging nothing.

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    Sounds like a TDR and also I've noticed that these sort of crashes seem to show up as Warniings or Information in the Event viewer where as before they used to show as an Error

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    You need to test with HARDWARE ACCELERATION ON and also wait 1-5 min. there is no way it won't happen to everyone, plain and simple. if so you have some other version of windows or something else that is not enabled as a normal user.

Don't enable 10-Bit Pixel Format if you don't have a Certified 10bit monitor, it also disables HDR if you don't have a supported monitor. Don't enable it if you are not sure! 10bit monitor is 2000$ AT LEAST.

Did you test UFO with Chrome/Edge Hardware Acceleration ON?

Some people think they don't have an issue but they don't even test properly to say they don't have the issue when actually 99% of the people have the issue...... :sigh

12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    So you leave it open running for 5 minutes and it creates a graph of 1km length. Great, that's a so credible. Do not do this test anymore. You do not need this. Nor AMD.

13. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    You mean hdr certified?
    10bit bpp makes gradients look smooth, it really is beautiful, when enabled 10 bit pixel format expands color depth and richness. All this works just fine at 10bit(or 8+2 frc) monitors in programs and in games, just Freesync is messy.

14. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    The same happens to me, it's unbearable freesync+10bit pixel format. It's either 10bpc and freesync or 10bit pixel format without freesync since ages with 480 and now 580. Did you ever find a driver working, so we can report it to AMD?

15. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    What's the latest driver that doesn't have this issue?
    "Radeon RX 400 and 500 series graphics products may experience a TDR during extended periods of video playback."

I'm getting a black screen with system freezing and recovering, with crashs related to "desktop window manager, appcrash, dwm.exe, radeonsoftware.exe" and i think is related to this bug mentioned there.

Does video playback includes youtube, twitch, and .mkv tv shows? :(

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    This never occurred to me. Either rx480 or 580 now. And I watch many hours video per day. (Coursera, Skillshare, LinkedIn learning, etc.)

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    it won't work for you, if you don't use HDR then keep it enabled, I don't think you'll gain anything from it. placebo.

Just don't asking here from AMD to fix anything when there is nothing to fix because nothing works with this enabled.

Easy Google search will find all the answers you want

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/hcfe3m/new_setting_10_bit_pixel_format/
    https://www.quora.com/Is-10-bit-color-and-HDR-the-same-thing
    https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/10-bit-video-output.pdf
    https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/10-bit-pixel-format-makes-game-stuttery/td-p/438064
    https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...-pixel-format-and-10-bpc-color-depth.2581992/

So please stop talking about this KNOWN Issues for god knows how long

And it doesn't matter what you think about the UFO Test. people will do whatever they want, you don't want, don't do it.

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I tested with MSI Afterburner and ran GPU-Z test full screen it stayed boosted to 2702 for over 15 mins. That and playing games with the ocassional boost to 2702, most of the time it would hang out around 2665.

19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    [​IMG]

Windows insider beta driver 1st April brings new AMD system tray logo for Radeon Settings. I feel awesome!

Undying likes this.
  20. JerseyDevil24

JerseyDevil24 Active Member

GPU:
    msi rx 6600
    I have windows 21H1 but windows dont have newes drivers 4/1/2021, can i get somewhere? :)