China one child policy

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by vestibule, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    We all know that China introduced a one child policy in the 80's and has only recently raised this to 2. But it would seem that the now generation still only want one child.

TMWOT it is the 8 billion people on the planet that are causing the current mass extinction event, global warming and so on. Our population demands from the environment exceed the balance of nature.

So why then does the whole world not adopt a one child policy and why do generalists and some other types take the piss out of the Chinese for regulating there population.

Fox2232 likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It's easier said than done. Implementing means regulations, and for not following those, sanctions.
    In a world where wearing a simple, trivial mask caused so many movements, foul languages, street manifestations, what do you expect? Even with clear evidence, people are NOT following regulations.
    In China, Japon or asian country discipline is a way of life, it needs only direction. But in other parts of the world, there is work to be done and force meets resistance.
    I'll chime in and add my personal touch to OP idea:
    Why don't we impose a test, a barrier to be passed by wanna be parents?
    So no more orphanages, abortions and abandoned children. Not to mention so many wrong doings that some shitty parents are culpable of.
    More, nature or (insert weird conspiracy theory) made that fertility around the globe to drop. Do a search and be amazed how fertility clinics are printing money and so many are struggling to conceive.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    AsiJu and vestibule like this.
  3. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    what? only 1? Hold my beer!

[​IMG]
    :D

vestibule likes this.
  4. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    I'm down with a max of 2 worldwide but that's just my opinion.

vestibule and Dragam1337 like this.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm down with letting people live their life the way they want without a communist government meddling in their bedroom thank you very much.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i have two from my first marriage and two within my second marrige, so i guess the hangmans noose is getting ready for me as we speak. lol

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, this is pretty controversial as it is. From now on, I'll thread lighty.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Overpopulation is a serious issue but not easily solved.
    On one hand yeah, regulate family size but on the other hand that is against people's freedom to decide something that ultimately is their decision (and responsibility).

Sustainability is a better way to combat depletion of natural resources I believe.

As for me, have a beautiful 3 yr old daughter and me and missus are considering trying for another kid this fall.

vestibule and Airbud like this.
  9. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Okay, but YOU, can only have a male child or none at all, deal? And since you're allowing us to control the basic essential for your survival, reproduction, there is clearly no limit to what you will allow the state to control in your life. No thanks.

vestibule likes this.
  10. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Cool, it's nice to see some pro-choice folks around.

vestibule likes this.

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    From a scientific PoV, in a developed nation you need about 2.1 kids per couple to maintain the population. Japan is about 1.6 (because work culture mostly) and has a very aging population. Africa has a far higher birth rate due to the higher mortality. A balance definitely needs to be found, but I'm unsure if a strict 2 child limit is the way to go aboot it, eh?

386SX likes this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I don't have any kids but I'm thinking about taking in a few illegals from Mexico and Central America so I can get a bunch of free government money. I mean that is the policy of the most popular President in American history right now.

vestibule, Airbud and DannyD like this.
  14. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I'll send you my taco recipe.

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. Raserian

Raserian Master Guru

GPU:
    Governments usually don't want rational solutions, so restricting/limiting something or giving inefficient solutions good for media and public eye is cheaper and earns votes(depends on country).
    It's more difficult, expensive and timely, but much more effective to educate others about social issues so people will grow up with positive change. Limiting families to one kid does not do anything, educating them so idiots would not create dysfunctional families with dysfunctional kids who go to do the same would fare better.
    More reasons why these population control idea is nonsense:
    - Countries with lowest birth rates use most energy resources.
    - Countries with highest birth rates are usually poor and use much much less energy.
    - Birth rates in richer more developed countries are low, because economic and social problems, people choose to have fewer children or don't want them at all. Most families now have 1 to 2 kids at best.
    - Establishing work and housing securities and functional relationships is not easy - result of superficial society where everything is expensive and nobody likes no one else.
    - This trend is coming to developing countries too.
    - More people choose to pursue other interests than just raising children.

vestibule likes this.

16. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Trump is no longer in office son. Why do you Trumpies insist on being so utterly dishonest and STILL support the serial raping racist? I don't get it. Since you already blew up the thread with your Reichwing agit prop, might as well make sure it IS as overtly political as YOUR POST IS. FFS. Time and time again, you and Airboob, breaking the rules, crapping on our host.

vestibule likes this.
  17. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    https://www.populationconnection.org/africa-globaldev/

The key thing you can do to reduce population growth is actually [to] improve health.” – Bill Gates

Others believe a pie in the face is the solution...FFS.

18. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    That's the ticket, though many governments see human life as a resource and nothing else - not worth the investment.

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Is that you HeavyHemi?

Airbud likes this.
  20. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    hahaha!....my first thought to!...god he hates everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.