Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    64bit applications have no access to this subkey.

classic ram fault or misconfiguration issue,
    no, it might not show in memtest so passing that doesn't mean the rams good.

Issues with 0xC0000005 Access violat | NVIDIA GeForce Forums

but might also be the insider+GFE issue going on.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I don't even have a folder called 'cache' there. All I see there is the Cyberpunk 2077 folder, and inside it is a UserSetting .JSON file. But no cache folder.

I pretty much never touch the Pagefile. The last time I messed around with it was back in Windows XP. Considering I have absolutely zero problems with 99.99% of my 450+ games library and the problem is only with Cyberpunk, I'm going to assume that my Pagefile is just fine by leaving Windows itself manage it.

I also checked about Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling, but it was already Disabled.

As for the Windows Event Viewer / Log, I'm the last person on Earth to ask for that. I quickly browsed it before typing this reply and I honestly don't know what I'm even looking at, nor where to begin. That's advanced troubleshooting that I'm not qualified to perform, for sure.

I do appreciate the help. But yeah, so far it's a no go, still crashing on startup. Again, I want to make it 500% clear and stress that back in December I did NOT, ever experience that issue with the 1.03 / 1.05 versions of the game, and my PC is exactly the same it was in December with the sole exception of being up to date in regards to drivers and that's it.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Your call but you aren't going to get far in troubleshooting by assuming something won't make a difference instead of trying things out.

Wouldn't be completely unheard of if the patch broke memory management for some systems and now relies more on pagefile or smth.
    Windows auto setting uses quite a small pagefile and may not always work if an app suddenly needs more.

Having said that, it's unlikely the pagefile is the problem but something for you to try.

As you said you have tried basically everything already.

As for Event Viewer, check the summary page after the game crashes and look for Critical or Error entries logged within last hour.
    Hopefully there will be an entry about the game's crash which should contain a fault code and faulting module name, which with more luck is something else than the executable (=can pinpoint you to right direction).

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I guess everything is worth checking out when you're stuck.

But you start troubleshooting by reverting EVERYTHING to default. Only exception possibly being clocks, where you might try with even more conservative than default.
    I'd start with uninstalling, rebooting, installing Steam, Visual C++. Then checking Programs for any installation past December and uninstalling it. Disable/enable XMP. Making sure there is nothing exotic set in BIOS - revert to default, or optimized default.

Nothing remains the same from one moment to the next, but that is a little far fetched. There are far more probable causes for a failed launch than silicon degradation.
    Besides what's he supposed to do with that> Start RMA based on little less than a hunch?

theoneofgod and Dragam1337 like this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Diagnose towards a resolution instead of guessing.

RAM can go bad randomly and sporadically.

jura11 likes this.
  7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Dont tell me - tell him. How should he diagnose a failing/degraded silicone?

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes well the PC verison was always more playable then console verison can atlest reduce setting on it, no on consoles though

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Got the game installed, had only time to start it up and walk around the opening area garage for a minute though.

Game seemed suspiciously optimistic, whamming almost all settings to max by default.
    That seemed to give about 50 fps in that small garage.

Tried quickly just disabling all RT while keeping DLSS on Auto and 100+ fps.
    Gonna tweak more later with better time.

Looking forward to playing this game in any case!

I'm basically T-posing with anticipation.

(Sorry... when I thought of that there was no going back :D )

-Tj- likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You dont mention which version of windows you are using, but a game failing on startup is with guarantee a software issue, not failing ram (as someone suggested). Reinstall windows, and don't use insider version... use 2009, and then im willing to bet it's gonna work fine.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    wrong.

^being able to start something once, and then not again at all is the most classic of hardware memory or memory controller failure examples, what are you, 12? you have practically no idea about half the things i've seen you say.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Please do not offend other forum users, it is against the forum rules actually!

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Sorry.

@Dragam1337

We want to help the guy fix the issue, which means exploring from all ends - the issue going on with GFE/Overlay happening on insider builds does so right from boot up
    it is possible steam and its subprocesses and subhooks are loaded before GFE thus preventing the issue but Zenoth has made no indication of using an insider build, so its unlikely to be a software cause

The game went from a point of working to not working and all that happened was steam got restarted.

Process Memory is a bubble (The address space), that address space is self governed by the application (as allowed by the kernel) but dynamic and static injection can intrude on that bubble to enable overlays and filters, its quite unusual and practically unheard of for an application to go from working to not working where all you did was restart the launcher, since that launcher is its own bubble and memory is virtualized the concept of a software memory leak can only occur within the concept of that memory bubble.

There is specific exceptions, some processes that interact with the kernel to scan and filter memory or log file system and process activities may leave a permanent presence in the kernel (ie, utiities that use battle eye or similar will refuse to load on a system that has recently run Process Monitor, and not been reboot)

The more likely issue in all this (and it may not be actual dimm failure) is that memory is corrupting either through a double free condition, or a release without unmap so that the kernel doesn't actually know what the memory is being used for. It's just more likely to be actual dimm failure, because its rare that such a leak would occur without a bsod.

Windows does bottom up memory mapping by default (and there are ways to force it to top down at a process level, you can also direct it to use a specific address (PCSX2 used to do this). Anyway, this is too much about the whys something is wrong and not enough guidance on diagnosing.

I would start with doing a diagnostic startup (via MSConfig) and replicating the issue, then follow with prime95 blend with it configured to fill all available memory.
    In the event it doesn't replicate in diagnostic start, then things to look into would be tools such as malware bytes, or nahimic as they are both known to be potential causes of kernel memory corruption and leaks.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Everything works fine, then he updates the game to the newest version, and then the game doesn't work - everything else still works fine. And your conclusion is that his ram has suddenly gone bad... riiiiiiight...

Sure as fack hope you don't do support for a living.

theoneofgod likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You can find the dunce hat in the corner. :rolleyes:

Anything that makes a change to critical code that is paramount to the operation of an application and handles every other (The parent, storage IO and Graphics) thread can result in the introduction of hardware origin root crashes.

And there were critical sections changed with this patch.

It's sad that computers aren't license based, I'd have to suffer less novices telling me how software and hardware work in tandem if they were.

www.google.com

There you go, use this educational tool to look up cosmic rays, bit flips, errata. Oh,the fdiv bug was a favourite of mine. Intel and its uninformed users were obnoxiously in denial that was a hardware bug.

Heres one i found for you
    https://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Inside/C0000005

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Sure, i will go and fetch it for you.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.21 Release Notes

Quests & Open World #1

• Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer… where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear’s body temperature.
    • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the “Send a crew” shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
    • Also fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
    • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
    • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
    • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
    • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
    • Also fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
    • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
    • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
    • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
    • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
    Quests & Open World #2
    • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
    • Fixed Johnny’s appearance in various quests.
    • Dennis’ car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
    • Players can now enter Dennis’ car from the right side in Big in Japan.
    • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
    • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
    • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura’s van in Down on the Street.
    • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
    • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura’s hideout in Search and Destroy.
    • Also fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player’s car if it was parked in his way.
    • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the “Wait for a call from distressed man” objective after player failed the quest.
    • Also fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder’s ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
    • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
    • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
    • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
    • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
    Gameplay
    • Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back.
    • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
    Visual
    • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
    UI
    • Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
    • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
    • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.

DannyD and LocoDiceGR like this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I updated the game and now all i get is the game freezing when it's loading up..

Edit: all fine now just had to reset system after updating game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Hotfix 1.22 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

This update addresses the most frequently reported issues since the last patch and introduces further improvements to stability and performance of the game. Here is the list of changes:

Quests & Open World
    • The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
    • Fixed glitches in Johnny's appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
    • Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
    • Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn't follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
    • Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street - for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako's parlor.
    • Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
    • Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.

Visual
    • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

UI
    • Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.

Stability and performance
    • Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
    • Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.

Console-specific
    • GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
    • Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.

Stadia-specific
    • It's no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available

Noisiv and DannyD like this.
  20. Have they fixed holo gun sights yet? Or ugly volumetrics near bright light sources? Or over-exposed camera in armored cars? What about completely broken police mechanics or AI? Or maybe they've fixed weapons showing zeroed values in weapons vault... The answer is no. The same answer I'd give to anyone wondering whether it's worth reinstalling.