MSI AB can only control 2 of 4 fans in EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by ClowReed, Apr 6, 2021.

1. ClowReed

ClowReed Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090FTW3 Ultra
    Hello, folks!

I hope I'm in the right place to report this, so...

The EVGA 3090 (3080 also) FTW3 has 4 fans (3 built-in and 1 extra header) and in Afterburner we can only control 2 of them.

Since Precision X1 is pretty much garbage near AB quality, I came here to report this in the hopes of getting future support for all the fans.

Let me know if you need logs or anything that could help.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    msi afterburner will only support 2 fan option the 3 fan way evga does it only works with evga software. If you want all the differents option you have to use evga .
    all fan will spin at the same time when using afterburner.Just sync the 2 fans.also if you want all the memory temp from icx you have to use evga.

ClowReed likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It won't support propiertary fan control solutions. NVIDIA reference design do not assume controlling more than 2 fans.

ClowReed likes this.
  4. ClowReed

ClowReed Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090FTW3 Ultra
    Yeah... actually it used to work like that, but since I updated nvidia driver it is really only controlling 2 fans, the other 2 only change if I use Precision X1. I think I'm gonna try uninstall driver and AB, run DDU, then install everything again and see if it gets back to work as usual.

Oh, I see... Thanks for the reply.