Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Makes sense now that you explained it.

2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Would you be able to boot the ps5 from the internal m2 drive if the soldered hard drive fails ?

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Haven’t seen any info on the topic, but that would be a great backup plan!

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    If the PS5 OS is on that fixed M2 drive for security reasons then the whole system is dead, do we know if the OS is on the M2 drive or is it on a chip?

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    we dont know my money is it one m2 drive just partition a drive a 825gb drive is gona drop the actual free space down to 670gb. and ps5 says the size of the drive825gb drive is 670gb which mean its partion is split? atlest that what mean to me. so we only see the portion of drive we can use minus what ever was taken from partions it self, and rest missing gb are in hidden partions I can only assume is the OS.

Not know this is reason why i got 4 year protection plan when I bought mine I think reguarless if my system full on fails I will find way to use 4 year protection to have system replace

1gb drive partioned and used only as game storage is 920gb that is 80gb for partion, there whole lot more then 80gb being use from even small drive, usual the bigger the drive the more space just partions use up not the other way around

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´ve just saw a store selling a PS5 for more than 900€...

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have question does it mater what 3.1 port I use on my ps5 for my T5? I using the Back 3.1 ports for my T5 with it included A-C cable Sony site recommend using C port on front with Drives included cables, But they all load my FF7R save (chapter 10 Sewers begin) in roughly 15 seconds.

I ask cause I did Transfer from my T5 to My internal drive for FF7R which roughly 85gbs, which should of took roughly 5minutes to transfer providing the drive was doing atlest 400mb/s but took double that time. which left me curious. And the transfer to Internal drive only saved off 3 seconds from load that 1 save. do i didnt see the point of leaving it there, and i put back to the T5 which transfer it from internal drive to T5 faster then it transfer from T5 to the internal

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i know fan is really the only thing the moves and makes vibrations, but instead of DIY fix of putting O-ring on between the fans screw and mount spot, which require me to take more the plates off, I opted for the sponge like pads you can get.

I folded it in half and cut to size the stand, I put one under the Stand and one on top of stand where ps5 sits, This has reduce the vibrations sound created by Disc spinning, and vibration sound from fan spining, which was coming from plates transferring to Stand then to the 3 inch partial board the stand is made off. the vibrations hum from the fan is still there much quieter, and hum that would start then stop pretty much gone now or alot quiter. if only there was DIY fix I was willing to do to make coil whine gone. I think If I was willing or even able to stand up right i could reduce more cause stand would not be sitting on the plate. but that is not option.

Fan wise ps5 is a quiet as my ps3 slim. sort of that slight whine, that so far I have not heard get worse in anyway.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    wish they had such sales and ps direct at same time still prefer physical copies, game i instrested in are much older games, they do have GoT on sale but still to much for game i not sure I will like, cause it seem more like Sekiro then Nioh

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    there lawsuits and what going around for drift issue with contoler, which I dont have but not even 3 months and the R2 button is sticking/ grinding? noise which it wasnt doing a 2 week ago it like some issue with spring to it, and no amount of cleaning it around r2/r1 buttons seem to fix the noise which usual cause by dirt around side of those buttons. 70$ controller with issue, none my ps1/ps2/ps3/ps4 controller had any sorta issue to 4 + years of use :(

I seen DS take apparnt on YT and there zero change I Will even attempt that. if this get worse I gona see what Sony says

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Happens with all the consoles, even the Switch is not immune from the heavy handiness some people put on their controllers. Which is all it is really.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    ps plus needs to be more aggressive towards competition...

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What do you mean?

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Mean look at xbox, so many games to play when you pay for game pass..and look at ps plus.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Both companies are targeting different demographics. AAA games on the PSN store have always been stupidly priced. Makes sense to buy a boxed copy.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I know but I not heavy hand person hell i barely weight 90lbs and almost al controller i have that 5+ years old had no such issues, which why it strange, This first Sony controller I ever had issue with with in it warranty i hope the problem goes away as i dont want to go threw the all phone and replace, but definitely spring issue

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've never had any problems with controllers, apart from when I've thrown one.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    same, but I learn decades ago not to throw them, which why I find it odd after all this time I actual have issueit literately the first consoles controller I ever had issue with, that wasnt from 5+years of wear and tear and in within 3 months at that, I epect that kinda quality from Logitech Gamepads