Cyberpunk 2077: PC graphics benchmark analysis review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2020.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No.

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Monday I believe.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Might be now actually, suddenly got an update of 1.68 GB

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    9gb on GOG.

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Yep same here

DannyD likes this.
  6. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    Playing 4K RT ULTRA preset with DLSS=quality on my 3080 at 35-40 fps, image quality is crazy good, can't complain.

7. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    DLSS Q is quite impressive in this game, balanced is sometimes sketchy, i prefer ultra rt reflections to psycho but i could imagine they'd be good in 4k.

8. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Oh yeah, this definitely is an 18+ game ... noooice !

No No It's not apart from that one scene that's it really nothing else in this game is R18

9. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix 4090

10. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix 4090
    THANKS...Say hello to UPS delivery. The men in brown shorts. Me coming soon to your house with a great smile. More money for Mom as well.

Airbud likes this.

11. Freeman

Freeman Master Guru

GPU:
    4060 ti 8gb
    I dont know about that 'mom stuff''', but who knows.... whichever works for you.

bad yeah, its just a fcking bad game. Reason for you to be ''melancholic'' for not running it? thats fine.

12. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    bad game or not DLSS is the clear winner here if you wish to run RT as this particular game has next to zero quality loss so long as you run DLSS on quality.

DannyD likes this.
  13. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    at 1080p if you enable DLSS you get blurry picture. I was told is result of upscaling from very low res compared to 1440p.

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Many great looking games look crap, or better said nowhere near as good at 1080p, nevermind throwing dlss into mix.

15. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Well you can use DSR + DLSS Quality mode so that DLSS use internal resolution of 1080p, upscale it to 1440p then downsampling back to 1080p, the result is much better IQ without performance cost.

Left image is DLSS + DSR 1440p, right is Native 1080p
    Untitled.jpg

Stormyandcold, DannyD and Denial like this.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Though the reason for using DLSS is to render in lower res to get higher performance.

17. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Plenty of usage scenario for DLSS, if you can't tell the IQ difference with DLSS ON vs OFF, I would just turn on DLSS and lock the framerate just to reduce the power consumption (cut power consumption by 100W on my 3090).
    If you need more performance then there is that, although there are games that run well already without DLSS like Death Stranding, Nioh2, Ghostrunner; so using DLSS for better IQ or efficiency seem like good idea.

18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    That is interesting in deed. But im on red side for foreseeable future it seems... Looking at current gpu market :D

Will see if amd can provide anything close to that. I don't think this generation it is possible

19. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    It didn't have to be that way though.

Honestly that's probably my biggest disappointment with DLSS, that Nvidia chose to market it as a performance, as opposed to quality, enhancement.

Ever since MSAA and SSAA were murdered by the new engines, and various post-FX AA methods, I've been crossing my fingers for a viable replacement. DLSS could have been that.
    It still can I suppose, if we get the option, but it'll be a much harder sell after being marketed for performance.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    They're looking into it. Ultra Quality mode.
    youtube.com/watch?v=a9KJo9llIpI&t=2770s

I love when ppl think they know better than professionals :)
    Imagine if NV released it in a way that you suggested: Here ya go folks - new AA. Looks better than native in certain places and worse in others. While causing performance hit. ON TOP of already murderous Ray-Tracing hit.

I am guessing that the reason why they're holding back with release of DLSS Ultra Quality mode, which would render at native or even higehr res, might be this:

Overall DLSS has a very good perf/IQ. Now think of DLSS perf/IQ as a function of resolution f(res)=Perf/IQ. We know that it is scaling very well - at resolutions LOWER than native.
    That might not hold true while approaching and exceeding native res. Very likely having the inflection point somewhere around native.

TLDR
    DLSS still has certain issues, which can be forgiven on account of perf. gains. Nvidia releasing Ultra Quality mode which would render at native, therefore lowering performance, while having quality issues - is not all that obvious move.