Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. nvidislave

nvidislave Guest

GPU:
    Also having this issue with a XG27UQ and surround disabled. 461.xx doesn't have this problem.

2. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Driver seems to be really great for me. Rebar in the few games that support it that I have played seems nice to smooth frametimes out (I play at 4k60 vsync) BL3, Control, Metro Exodus

But overall seems like a really solid driver in all games (I haven't noticed any flickering textures in wow but I am sure they are still there its random and come and go just by moving camera, seems to take a while to show up after the shaders are rebuilt)
    Apex seems to have the smoothest frame times for me in a long time.

Also got my highest Time spy score for what little that is worth
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/60241174?

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So, anyone switched Rebar on globally yet?

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Please reproduce this issue again and once it is in repro state, capture a kernel memory dmp file as described below:
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5149

Then email it to us at driverfeedback@nvidia.com. So far we have not been able to reproduce this so any logs will be helpful.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Could you reproduce this again and then capture a kernel memory dmp file as described below?

Then email it to me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com? Please make sure when capturing the dmp file, that the monitor is in a repro state.

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    If you wouldn't mind reproducing the issue again, it would be really helpful if you could capture a kernel memory dmp file as described below:

Then email it to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Please let me know which monitor you have connected as your 4th monitor.

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Which monitors are you using and how are each connected to the graphics card? If you wouldn't mind, would you be willing to reproduce the issue again and then capture a kernel memory dmp file as described below?

Then send it to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @ManuelG Thanks for being here and helping. ;)

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I still have the issue that sometimes if the computer is on and I turn it on after the computer, my C9 displays in 1024*768 and it even has HDR and Gsync enabled normally.

10. awins1

awins1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 Ultra
    Sent the email with requested information. The fourth monitor is Dell U2311H, connected by HDMI to DVI cable, but the colors on this monitor are correct unlike on the other three in surround.

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Does anyone else suffer from stutters with Borderlands 3 when enabling Rebar?

12. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Me
    however this my be a resizable bar issue and not necessarily a driver issue.

tested on borderlands 3: 4k, max eye candy, one big stuttery mess. (BL3 is a resizable bar enabled game)
    Really, even the loading video is stuttery. Built in BL3 bench showed a 15% drop in fps.

using inspector, removed the resizable bar enable on borderlands 3, setting 0x000F00BA back to 0x000000, the stuttery mess is gone and the built in benchmark score is what it was before.

and before any one makes illogical comments, the issue only manifests when 0x000F00BA is enabled. Its not resources or build, it is uniquely this one aspect in this one situation.

I can reproduce 100% on my pc, and my wife's pc.

my build is not lacking resources:

2x 3090 RTX Founders Edition & SLI / NvLink bridge (with Rz Bar enabled)
    2x 8280L Xeons (56/112 cores)
    1.5 TB ram 2933 DDR4 ECC LRDIMMs
    Asus c621 Sage Dual socket motherboard Bios build 9904, motherboard version 2.1, (bios enabled resizable bar)
    4x Raid Samsung 860 pro (4TB each, 16TB total) data and backups
    1x Samsung 860 pro (4TB) data and backups
    1x Sabrent 8TB nvme for Apps and Games
    1x Sabrent 4TB nvme (OS)
    1600W digital power supply
    Asus PA32UCX-P monitor, updating to Asus PA32UCG
    SFF Thermaltake P1 micro ATX case (modified.. heavily)
    MS Windows Data Center 2019/2020 for OS (release candidate)
    1x pound of flesh and blood

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    SerjRozov likes this.
  13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    hags on or off ?

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol, some machine, I hope its gamed on 24/7!

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Your issue is caused by non-localized memory transfers and unlikely to get any sort of attention as you are well outside the support scope for the feature.

Why don't you gain some sense instead of being the example of the phrase "more money than sense" and build machines targeted to the use case instead of trying to build monstrous "jack of all trades, sucks at most of them" builds.

Scalable Xeons are not for gaming.
    Period.

Neither are the highest end threadripper or Epycs.

Someone has to say this outright, and it was going to be either myself or Dr_Rus,

But you are the cause of your own problems.

macle0d, beezee and Aldek like this.

16. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

Enthusiast forums are for sharing information, making something better, looking for help, and solving things together.
    I was having the same issue as another member and explained what I saw, like enthusiasts' would.

Its a place to elevate and help, not a personal stomping ground to tear down other people and their questions.

Ah, your reputation for your attitude in this forum is well deserved.

Also my machine is used for a dissertation, and since its mine, I can also play games on it all I want, that has nothing to do with you. Your comments are made at a personal level and you lack any background knowledge of what is or isn't its use.

Lastly
    you are out of place and your comments are unwarranted.

17. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    THX, its main purpose is for a dissertation on algorithms in aiding in a dedicated archive with training data. However, I have a few games on it and I do enjoy that aspect.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    People that care about reputations are pathetic and only exist to worry about what others think and plactate those others at the expense of themselves.

Your issues are caused by building a machine completely unfit for the tasks you report issues about and not being "Enthusiast" enough to realize it.

"Fit for Purpose" is a thing, learn it. live it.

Get a clue, Scalable Xeons are not for gaming and nobody from microsoft, nvidia or amd will investigate your misuse.

19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™

Still... I'd love to see how that would run with the latest Flight Simulator. Or games that require crazy CPU power with lots of AI activity on the screen such as Cities: Skylines.

That trully is a crazy setup let alone all that SSD storage. :D

Heck, he could even render 3D models/scenes/videos and play games at the same time.

2x 3090 RTX Founders Edition & SLI / NvLink bridge (with Rz Bar enabled)
    2x 8280L Xeons (56/112 cores)
    1.5 TB ram 2933 DDR4 ECC LRDIMMs
    Asus c621 Sage Dual socket motherboard Bios build 9904, motherboard version 2.1, (bios enabled resizable bar)
    4x Raid Samsung 860 pro (4TB each, 16TB total) data and backups
    1x Samsung 860 pro (4TB) data and backups
    1x Sabrent 8TB nvme for Apps and Games
    1x Sabrent 4TB nvme (OS)
    1600W digital power supply
    Asus PA32UCX-P monitor, updating to Asus PA32UCG
    SFF Thermaltake P1 micro ATX case (modified.. heavily)
    MS Windows Data Center 2019/2020 for OS (release candidate)

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It wouldn't be any better than a 10900k with a single 3090 (and likely to be worse), the clock speed dives significantly beyond single core loads on those xeon scalables to keep them within the tdp budget and thermals under control.
    theres no sli support for dx11 / 9 / etc stuff on ampere and the game has very little scaling on cpu cores.

Multisocket systems using NUMA are horrible for thread and memory pinning

Make no mistake, the system is high spec, but its not an Enthusiast machine intended for Enthusiast usage and if you don't live and breathe windows internals its probably not even configured properly for the tasks it is being used for.

beezee likes this.