Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you tell me what Shadowplay and NVIDIA Control Panel settings you changed from the default settings? I did get some feedbacks yesterday from a few users mentioning they were unable to launch games but I was not having any luck reproducing the issue. I'll give Global Image Sharpening a try and see if I can reproduce it.

2. Brocius

Brocius Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    I havent changed a thing, i just flashed my vbios and installed these drivers. REBAR is working but as soon as i enable overlay in GFE cyberpunk wont start. Also if i use sharpen in the nvidia control panel cyberpunk wont start, it only starts when i use sharpen in global settings in nvidia control panel but then sharpen is not working. Other games seem to be working btw

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks. So you haven't changed any other settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Just the image sharpening?

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its a trifle confusing, all my disks since about 8 years ago have been initialised as GPT.
    MBR boot is still allowed on top, restoring an MBR backup works fine, booting as MBR.

However...
    A few years ago I installed Windows with a UEFI bootloader on one drive which gave me the different UEFI bootloader descriptor in the bios.
    Restoring the single main partition from an MBR backup to that drive (ie no bootloader was restored) then gave me the same UEFI boot loader for that OS.
    But when I turned CSM off, there werent any bootable partitions, I figured my knowledge was a bit short but didnt pursue it.
    This was a while back, perhaps there was a bug in the bios, I'll give it another try.
    I'm on a newer system now so I imagine less gremlins :)

5. Brocius

Brocius Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    Yes just to try out if that would work without GFE. But before the new drivers and vbios for REBAR cyberpunk would just start with GFE and i used GFE for the sharpen filter and not in the nvidia contol panel. Then i updated the vbios and drivers and not change anything and cyberpunk would not start.

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you update GPU-Z if its on an older version -> then put your PC into a repro state where Cyberpunk doesn't launch -> then once you confirm the game crashes when launching, launch GPU-Z and check if all of the features are showing up correctly as they should?

https://i.imgur.com/41L8MXl.png

If they don't, can you share a screenshot of what GPU-Z shows for your card? Also maybe email me your MSINFO32 file to driverfeedback@nvidia.com as there may be some software installed on your PC that installs its own virtual GPU drivers and it may be conflicting with the NVIDIA drivers somehow when ReBAR is enabled.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  7. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    let's hope

8. Brocius

Brocius Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    mmm it says i dont have Raytracing and DirectML

Attached Files:

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I've tried launching Rise of Tomb Raider in DX12 mode and had no issues with it, with GFE overlay, Steam overlay and Xbox overlay working fine.
    NVCPL sharpening (in app profile) also works fine and GPU-Z shows that all features are supported.
    Looks like Pascal is unaffected and it's a 3xxx series issue?

10. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    My point was, after creating a UEFI bootloader on the disk and restoring only the OS partition from an MBR backup, it booted as if UEFI still.
    But when CSM was turned off, there were no bootable partitions.
    It was no longer MBR but still wasnt valid.

12. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    @ManuelG
    Just my experience with new driver. Screen shot below showing my problem and it is not important at all, I can use any other Nvidia Driver with Motherboard BOIOS and all is normal.

Unable to get DX12 games working on Nvidia Driver 465.89 . Resizable Bar is enabled

DX12 /HDR not recognized by PC Games from resizable bar list . DX11 works fine in the resizable bar list PC Games
    DX12 PC Games will crash to desktop, fail to initialize or start with DX11 instead of DX12

Two different Windows 10 builds- Tested supported games and non supported resizable bar games
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21337
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21343

Asus Tug Gaming Z490 Motherboard Latest BIOS Beta 2210
    Asus Tuf RTX 3080 Latest vBIOS
    Intel 10850K

Tried with/without Gforce Experience and uninstalled software such as MSI Afterburner/RTSS

Nvidia Drivers 461.92/462.07 DX12/HDR PC games work fine .Resizable bar is also on in Nvidia Control panel but does not affect FPS that I can tell with any resizable Bar PC Game.

nv.jpg

Emailed MSinfo to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

13. leandrofq

leandrofq Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI
    Sure, now im using gpu driver 461.72
    geforce experience 3.21.0.36

465.89 is not working here =/

14. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Installed drivers and flashed Mobo BIOS, but Zotac is dragging their feet on the VBIOS release.

Are we supposed to turn on HAGS aswell at this point? Last i heard was "performance impact is mixed, it introduces crashes aswell, leave it off".

EDIT:
    Just to make it clearer, the Mobo BIOS was built in december 2020. Thats how long the necessary changes must have been final.

15. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    I want to share an at last good experience with official GRD drivers (used dev drivers 470.05) - with enabled ReBAR and same settings in AC Valhalla and RDR2 i've got some stuttering, without ReBAR it works flawlessly, BUT in case of last chance for ReBAR i've turned on HAGS in recently updated Windows 21H1 (19043.906) and it works without any stutter, first time with all enabled options i've got zero stutters. So, i suppose that HAGS must be enabled or at least tryed on different hardware configurations
    My spec is 9900KS+Z390 Aorus Master+AorusExtreme 3080. Also got Z590 Master but can't find 11900K for now to test on latest generation

cucaulay malkin likes this.

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you. Got it. Are other users missing Ray Tracing and ML in GPU-Z also on Windows 10 Insider build? Also if you are running into this issue, please send me your MSINFO32 file from your PC and let me know if Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is enabled or disabled from the Windows display settings. You can email the MSINFO32 file to driverfeedback@nvidia.com.

leandrofq and bobnewels like this.
  17. leandrofq

leandrofq Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI
    I have problems with missing ray tracing and ML in GPU-Z, my Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is enabled, Im using Windows 10 Insider build, I sent my MSINFO32 to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    MBR and GPT are the partition layouts, so you can't have GPT and MBR on the same disk

You can boot UEFI from MBR on some nvme's that have a legacy bootrom present, but most don't (and can't boot 4TB> disks at all on mbr)

So your restored image made the disk MBR again, convert it with mbr2gpt and you'll be good (you just need to have 3 or less partitions on the disk because this tool makes a new one for the loader)

leave it off, the only real differences will be felt with the late 2021 update.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    looniam and Mufflore like this.
  19. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac released their VBIOS, i flashed it, GPU-Z says resizable BAR is not supported yet. Hmm i have the driver, CSM is not used, 4G and ReBar enabled in BIOS, VBIOS is flashed. Do i have to clean reinstall the driver?

EDIT:
    Clean reinstall fixed it, resizable BAR is now enabled in nvcp and GPU-Z

For anyone interested: I did use NVSlimmer to remove all optionals except the audio driver. So nothing but the core driver is needed.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  20. Brocius

Brocius Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    The windows insider is the problem, i also had the insider windows and i reinstalled normal windows and everything is working fine now.