Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090

Use Dragon center bios update - choose advance if it has a new bios it will find it

2. Brocius

Brocius Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    same problem here had to disable overlay in geforce experience to get them working wich sucks cause i cant use sharpen now

3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    nvcp has a sharpening option the hell you need gfe for ?

4. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    Ya i click it and it doesn't find anything :/. Do i really have to unplug gpus physically, who codes that crap

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    user error.

6. Remus

Remus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Hey guys, need a bit of help here, wanted to update my GPU BIOS, I have Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 3080 VISION OC 10G and when I use NVIDIA Inspector to see what current VBIOS i have it says: 94.02.42.40.33 there is no F of any kind in it. Could you recommend with what VBIOS should i upgrade? Thank you in advance.

7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Installed the new drivers, updated the firmware of my evga, and finally the resizable bar is working with no problems occurring. I have noticed cyberpunk got much smoother after enabling this feature. It's not about doing more fps, rather the reaction time to mouse input and the overall framerate stability. It was a pleasant surprise.

Also, they updated the nvcp GI a little bit... Hope we will get a full revamp someday!

8. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    1.) install Aorus Engine
    2.) open Aorus Engine. Go to Settings -> VGA there you will find your VBIOS Version in "F-Style" (e.g. F1).
    3.) download the right Version. You can use the following hint at the homepage:

You can only update to a VBIOS version of the same series.Visual C++2008 is required for this BIOS flash.
    If your VBIOS version is:
    F1, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F2-F9.
    F10, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F11-F19.
    F20, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F21-F29.

found at https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/GV-N3080VISION-OC-10GD/support#support-dl-bios

In my case my VBIOS was a F1, so i needed to download and flash the Version "F3".

4.) please make a Backup of your current VBIOS before flashing

And yes, I know that this is really a doublepost. But as it is confusing as hell I thought it would be worth it. I am sorry if not.

Remus and valorex like this.
  9. Remus

Remus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Thank you so much for your help!! Bios ver F50!! Thank you again!

10. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Strange, I updated my Vbios with the tool provided by Asus for my RTX 3070 Dual, and now both bioses allow more than 100% on power management... Previously the "quiet" bios went only up to 100%.

So both are performance bioses now?? LOL

Maybe only the fan curve will be different from now on...

Anyway, let's see if Asus updates my mobo Bios to take advantage of all this.

11. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Here's hoping they give Turing some re-bar love as well eventually, for the time being I can forget grabbing a 3xxx card.

AsiJu and Herochild like this.
  12. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    I saw a few comments on reddit that this driver does not fix the SteamVR issue. Other people are claiming that the issue only happens to people running monitoring software (or other low level stuff). I thought the extreme frametime spikes were unavoidable regardless of whether you were running AB or similar?

13. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I'm hoping for someone to hack the feature in

14. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I'd prefer full support rather than a hack job. Unfortunately the 3XXX series cards are ludicrously expensive and only available from scalpers, and I refuse to support them with my money, so here's hoping that nvidia feels charitable for once.

Herochild likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can't happen without nvidia's private key leaking so the bios can get re-signed.

16. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hi, can you check if Aorus and GPU-z show the same version? In GPU-z: tab Advanced, choose BIOS and look at the Message info. Thanks

FR4GGL3 likes this.
  17. Eyemaster

Eyemaster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080OC
    Yes, they show the same version.

fleggy and FR4GGL3 like this.
  18. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, they show the same version. A user on another Forum told me that GPU-Z shows the F-Version at the nvidia-BIOS selection at the Advanced tab. I wasn't smart enough to find out by myself.
    But that is good to know. As there is no need to install another tool.

19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Are you sure? Sure I don't deny they've lost lots of players. I was surprised to see the amount of players in raids and streamers on twitch. WoW is still very popular with silly amounts of thousands of viewers as well as players. It's still thriving.

Even though this issue didn't affect that user. It was a mBIOS issue. I was surprised seeing the amount on various forums getting caught out with CSM.

20. Dreamic

Dreamic Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
    I'm sure people here are smart enough to figure it out but once again Asus update tool doesn't work, "Your graphic card no need to update VBIOS!".
    I had to 7zip the .exe and use the Testini.txt and GPU-Z > Advanced > NVIDIA BIOS > Message, to find out which .rom I had to use with nvflash, otherwise as far as their trash tool is concerned I'd never need an update or get Resizable BAR support which I have now according to NVCP System Information.

Asus 3080 TUF OC here, I don't if others are having this no update needed problem but even worse I've seen others with Asus 3080's getting their card bricked by the tool improperly updating to wrong BIOS.

Good job Asus not being able to make a simple tool!
    When it's doing something this important and frankly quite simple you would think you would be able to make sure it works