MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    would it be possible to have a macro like <DateTime, "Formatstring"> and have a format string defining how it would be displayed?
    like in python... https://docs.python.org/3/library/datetime.html#strftime-and-strptime-format-codes

Examples:
    <DateTime, "%I:%M %p"> => 08:32 AM

<DateTime, "%a %d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S"> => Mon 29.03.2021 08:32:44

That would be cool and very versatile to have instead of having one macro for each format style

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Cannot promise that, macroses are currently parameterless. Changing the implementation just because of that doesn't sound as a good time investment for me.

3. Unwinder

4. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Sticky layer position is exactly what I was asking before. Great to see it implemented, thank you very much!

5. Unwinder

Why exactly did you need it? It doesn't allow you to put multiple complex multi-layer overlay parts in different screen corners. Sticky layers are intended to display just a basic things in fixed screen corners, it is intended for things like SysLat.

6. SalamatiQus

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Nothing really serious or complex, it is just more convenient for me to have different info separated to different corners and have it stay there independent of resolution.

vkquake0003.png vkquake0005.png

Haldi and Unwinder like this.
  7. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    oh, is there a way to just get the FPS again?
    Not really keen on all the added additional information on the screen, I can't find a toggle for that sync stuff?

8. Unwinder

Ah, yep, it will work fine for such usage case and simple overlay layout (just one layer located in each sticky postion). I meant than sicking more than one layer to the same position can be troublesome.

9. Unwinder

Again? There are no changes in previous OSD configuration ways, new features are optional and do not replace the previous OSD config approach.

10. SalamatiQus

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Disable "Show own statistics"

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no no, you want this but to exit msiab.

12. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    If I close MSIAB, will the overclock remain though? My OC settings.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes

14. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    I closed afterburner and it still had all the extra info :oops:

15. Unwinder

It is hard to understand what are you talking about. Post screenshot of "all the extra info" so others can stop guessing what exactly do mean. And for furure, please avoid using this thread for general "how do I configure it" questions. It is not intended for that.

16. Unwinder

I think I know what you mean. I left scanline sync debug info is enabled in OSD by default in this build, it is not supposed to be visible for everyone in public versions. You may disable it on your side by editing .\ProfileTempaltes\Global and setting SyncInfo to 0

17. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    That's exactly it. Changed to 0 and it's back to only showing the FPS again. Thanks!

Unwinder likes this.
  18. Unwinder

As a compromise solution, I added <TIME=format_string> tag natively to hypertext pasrer. It is not a macro formatted by OverlayEditor so it won't be visible in OE's macro list selectable via GUI, so you'll need to type it in manually.

Andy_K likes this.
  19. Unwinder

In addition to this new tag (<TIME=format_string>) hypertext parser in the next build of RTSS will support a few more new tags:

o Added new <RES> hypertext tag, allowing displaying framebuffer resolution in On-Screen Display
    o Added new <ARCH> hypertext tag, allowing displaying application architecture info (x64 or UWP) in On-Screen Display
    o Added new <API> hypertext tag, allowing displaying application 3D API info in On-Screen Display. This tag is quite similar to <APP> tag, but unlike existing tag it displays full 3D API name instead of abbreviated one (e.g. OpenGL instead of OGL)

Those tags are not formatted by OverlayEditor, they are native for hypertext so third party clients using RTSS hypertext (e.g. HwInfo, AIDA or CapFrameX) may specify them as is to display required info in RTSS OSD.

Shabadoo, Haldi, The1 and 3 others like this.
  20. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Awesome!