Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    DannyD likes this.
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Patch is out on Steam.
    Someone please tell me if its out on GOG.

edit: its out on steam and gog

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    28.8GB PATCH!!!!

:eek: holy mother of god!

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    34gb on gog.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Had a good 60gb of free space on the drive my CP 2077 is installed and it said not enough space so I had to use the option to download the files onto a different drive, good feature I must say though I wonder what it was trying to download if the patch is 34 gigs. I hope for the sake of CDPR that this patch fixes most issues so they can focus on DLC and QoL stuff.

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    According to many, no bugs to see. I'm flabbergasted. Which one is it? I'm leaning towards to bugged as f*ck from what I've seen.
    What do you mean they haven't confirm the release date yet? They delayed it til 2nd half of March 2021
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  7. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    A step in the right direction. The 'real' fixing work started now, I see.

However, going through the list of fixes one of them made me laugh out loud:

º Fixed an issue where dumping a body in the trunk started the vehicle's engine.

Someone has got to explain to me, just how in the Great Heck that could even happen. Like... what. Just, what.

G*addict likes this.
  8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Just CDPR coding things, pretty standard. Trash company with zero QC.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Ok so did some quick messing around. Cars still handle like crap, if anything I think they're worse now but will have to play with the steering sensitivity a bit more, driving feels almost exactly like GTA4 where if you turn too hard you lock the wheels and its like taking every turn with the handbrake. The performance optimisations paid off and the game runs better now but it seems the trade off was with vastly reduced pedestrians and traffic. When I loaded into the game it was night and the streets were pretty quiet so thought it was because of night time but then slept and went about my business at daytime and a lot of streets were still pretty empty. Could be that some areas are more populated than others. Also had a glitch where Johnny appeared and his model was just complete low res texture mush.

[EDIT] Could be a one off but the rozzers of night city seem to be more or less the same...

[EDIT 2] Still getting the "T-Pose" bug, now inside of cars whereas in the past I only had it briefly on motorcycles.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    jbscotchman likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    In the future with all the body modifications you can use bodies as key fob's.... it's just a bit of a hassle having to carry around a body all the time so not many people do it.

11. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY

Well they fixed the game! Good job CDPR.

jbscotchman and ShadowDuke like this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Waw i just seen the patch notes, seems CDPR have been very busy respect!

13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Honestly speaking, i think people need to come to terms that police, crowds and AI drivers won't ever get "fixed". Those systems will just get minor upgrades and visual changes to appear less jarring.
    Bulk of that video is just taking a piss at crowds and police, which sure - is fair enough but at this point it's just beating a dead horse. None of that will ever get overhauled to the level people hoped it would've been.

I just find it sad CDPR cannot afford to come clean and honest to say that "hey, it will get a bit better but don't get your hopes up. We're tweaking those systems not redoing them from scratch."

ShadowDuke and jbscotchman like this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well from what I've read and watched so far, I don't see any reason to reinstall. Unless CDProjekt releases a free enhanced edition that fixes bugs and includes cut content they promised, this game is a complete failure.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  15. A lot of cosmetic fixes on wrong places that nobody appreciates while the real issues stay unaddressed. Did anyone here actually expect anything else? I certainly did not.

cerebus23 and ShadowDuke like this.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    so the 6800s as fast as the 3060 at 1440p, Ultra RT, with no DLSS on.

17. marashz

marashz Member

GPU:
    Evga XC3 3080
    Hmm, have they fixed Ultrawide (5120x1440) photo mode? Last time I tried, photo mode made 1920x1080 screenshots...

18. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    I don't see a walk button. You have failed CDPR.

19. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    So... curiosity oblige (and having lots of free time) I reinstalled to check it out, and to start a new game as well in the process (just to ensure everything is from scratch). Note, game wasn't installed since late last December. In fact it's a brand new SSD too (with just a few other games installed on it for now).

I start up the game, fine, it works. I make my new V, Nomad this time (never tried that one before, only one I made back in December was Street Kid... not that it matters much anyway as we quickly learned after launch). I played the tutorial part, and get to the Apartment for the first time (after Jackie drives us there following the scripted rescue mission at the beginning). So, I was in my Apartment, just woke up after the first night of sleep and started to adjust my in-game settings. I mostly changed Audio stuff (sound volume) and just a few Controls (sensitivity) and Graphics and Video settings. The majority of the settings are still, in fact, Default.

What I do recall is that by Default, under the Video settings, the game was running in Borderless Window mode (weird, not sure if that's always default). Since I always run all my games in fullscreen (without issues, mind you) I just 'reflex' it out and set it to Fullscreen, then I follow that up with some minor advanced Graphics adjustments (especially the Screen Space Reflections which I set one notch back to High, from Ultra... because that one eats my poor GTX 1080 like breakfast).

So, all settings set and done, I save my game there before leaving the Apartment and go do other real life things. Then I come back to play (which was just a moment ago before I came here to type this).

Guess what now?

The game refuses to launch, just like that. The game's launcher starts up fine. Then I click play... then I get the black screen (as if it was about to start the game) for maybe 2 seconds, then I'm crashed back to the Desktop with a crash report window that says the game "Flatlined", from which I can send a crash report or not. I've never seen that crash before, not even back in December when like many of you guys I started to play under version 1.03 if I recall, then came 1.05 and that's when I uninstalled (about 2 weeks after launch). However, back then I NEVER had that problem... how ironic (was more buggy then, but never had a launch-crash issue at the time).

I guess I'll uninstall again and wait another 2+ months for 1.3? Anyone else is getting this problem? And, by the way it's the Steam version.

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Are you using any mod?