ASUS Phoenix GeForce RTX 3060 has length of only 177mm

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Imagine paying 700euros for such a crappy looking gpu.

Neo Cyrus and itpro like this.
  3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    700 reasons to feel like a victim :rolleyes:

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Some people may want to build small computer with decent GPU. I would be more worried about thermal envelope. It still has 8pin and that cooling does look like limiting factor for GPUs performance.
    3060 is 170W card, but here I would expect realistic 120W long term limit. Or extra noise.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Heatsink on this sucks. It looks like some plasticy low budget 1030 gpu.

Airbud likes this.
  6. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    But how's the cooling?

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    False, it is 0mm long because you cannot obtain it. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, the shortest gpu in history.

Airbud likes this.
  8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    It will save a miner some space. If you have a hundred of these mining ethereum, instead of full length ones, it's starting to matter already.

9. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    not as cute as Fury Nano

Noisiv and Undying like this.
  10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    same boring posts on each gpu thread now, you'd think everyone was well aware that there is a gpu shortage by now lol,

Aura89 likes this.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I did look at steam stats for February. (No new RTX cards recorded at January which is weird. Maybe they do not keep data for cards which do not make it into top list.)
    3080 data seems to be interesting with 0.77% while 2080 has 0.86% and 2080S has 0.91%.
    3070 has 1.17%, 2070 has 1.81%, 2070S has 2.48%.

It is not bad once we consider time cards are available. AMD's RX 6000 series did not make it into list at all. But there are ~10% of cards not shown. And even I did press scan to update my system just yesterday.

I am interested in seeing if RX 6700 XT get in sufficient volume to gamers to actually appear in list next month.

Undying and insp1re2600 like this.
  12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I would bet that in reality it really is not any better than the crap they put on a 1030. It's unreal how greedy and arrogant they've gotten this generation... as if it wasn't despicable enough as it was in the past.

Undying likes this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Looks really matter when it comes to GPU performance. I'm actually convinced you'd take a footlong AMD RX 480 2GB over this.

Noisiv and Aura89 like this.
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah, keep pretending we don't know that thing's cooler and build quality is dog crap.

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Are you actually using google translate?

Nothing against google but I thing you're missing the topic altogether. Which is fine, but...

What does " thing's cooler and build quality is dog crap" mean?

Go for it. I'm all ears. Just make sure you make sense this time.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Being asus the build quality will be good... but you will find 1 thing wrong with it that asus will never acknowledge as a problem..

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You're a funny man for someone who clearly doesn't understand English. If you can't understand what I'm saying then there's no one that can help you.

18. Opmz

Opmz Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760
    I think they should make a card that has a four or more slot cooler soldered on.

this would effectively nerf the hash rate because they couldn’t physically put as many cards in a mining rig.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I personally care, but aesthetics of a video card don't really matter. What matters is if it works properly and doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Special use-case scenario GPUs have always been oddballs, but they seem especially trivial now.

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Imagine caring what a gpu looks like rather then the performance...

Note: i'm not saying the card is worth the amount you stated, only that the problem there isn't about how it....looks..........

You're the one who stated "keep pretending we don't know that thing is cooler and build quality is dog crap", and then state someone else doesn't understand english.

Yes, i took out the "thing's" and put it as "thing is", because that's what the ' does. You wrote it, no one else, and you complain someone else doesn't know how to english....

While i understand what you meant to say, the first time i read it, due to the fact i do know how to read english and the difference between things and thing's, i also had no idea what you were saying. I only went back to read it again because you were so certain what you said made perfect logical sense i figured i had to re-read it and figure how what i missed.

We all make mistakes. But before trying to insult someone, maybe next time make sure you didn't confuse the people trying to read your sentence. And maybe don't over complicated your supposedly simple sentence either. "Yeah, keep pretending we don't know the cooler and build quality is dog crap." Would have sufficed and not confused a single person.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    metagamer and Noisiv like this.