Nintendo Switch Pro Based on 5nm NVIDIA Ada Lovelace SoC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    It has more CUDA cores than the 3090 and is 5nm? Wow....

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

HandR and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    But why? We already have 2 "real consoles", so I'm glad Nintendo is doing something unique with their "not real" console which sold 80+ million of units.

1080p screen wouldn't be better, because most games running at native 720p on a 720p screen will always look better than games running at non-native res on 1080p screen.

4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    They were not cheap alright - when I got the Switch (2019) for my son, I was looking at the crazy price of it and thinking I could have got a great PS4 for same price with much better graphics capabilities, but those clever marketeers at Nintendo seemed to have convinced my son that the switch was what he wanted for Christmas (and most others too given how they sold out of all the shops and I was just lucky to get one of the last few left in one shop) - he was big into Pokemon.

Anyway he is still going strong with it and spends most of his time watching youtube on it (a 400 Euro youtube tablet), and I spent another fortune on all the Pokemon games he wanted for it.
    I also eventually decided to buy the official memory card for it to upgrade the terrible amount of storage up an extra 128GB (which was crazy cheap about 20 Euro)

And yes the ability to "switch" from console to the TV in bedroom or sitting room is a killer feature, which he did use for the likes of Fortnite. The Steelseries Arctis 1 headset (about 120 Euro) were another great addition (highly recommended) for this.

5. Abomlol

Abomlol Member

GPU:
    GTX1070
    considering the chip shortage and Taiwan cutting water supply to fabs, I'm not holding my breath on Q42021.