Cyberpunk 2077s lead gameplay designer leaves CD Projekt RED

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2021.

1. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    To this day I still don't know what everyone is talking about. I have played over 150hrs and gone through several ending versions and now just looking forward to some DLC's. It played beautifully and was interesting and fun.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Comparing this game to E.T. is simply ridiculous, no matter how broken Cyber may have been released...

Just for some perspective, E.T. almost destroyed the gaming industry at the time!...

schmidtbag likes this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Make up your mind. You were "going in blind and avoided all the spoilers so that I have my own opinion about it"....

or... "Umm, guys, I don't think that if they show and promise you to have the content for years and then cut it all together while closing eyes as if it never happened (cut content) and .. you don't see a problem with that?"

Unlike you, I was genuinely going in blind. Never looked at any of the pre-game hype so had no preconceptions. So for me, its an enjoyable game, despite the bugs or glitches that I had to put up with in the beginning. Note that I said "enjoyable", not great or awesome or masterpiece.

I have no doubt you and many others did not enjoy yourselves. But after 5 hours?? Seriously? And you feel qualified to offer a critique of the game? LOL.

Anyway, as stated, I feel fortunate to be enjoying it while many others are not. For perspective, do note that majority of ppl who are playing it feel positively about the game (statistically, as in 28000 players average rating 7.1 on MC).

4. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    nah... doesn't even come close to Colonial Marines are all the fake marketing Ubisoft has pulled.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's just a game, people. Even if it would be the "worst game ever made", who cares. Just don't buy it. There's a gazillion of other games to play.

anticupidon and HandR like this.
  6. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Nvidia made a fortune because of CP2077. It's not just a game. It is THE GAME.

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    So you've been forced to buy it? Abducted at midnight, brought into an empty warehouse, tied and gagged, gun to your head?

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I really enjoyed it and still enjoying it. If you know the source material, then, it's actually a pretty good representation of it. If you don't, then, it was probably over-hyped and a disappointment. There's a lot of potential here and they could keep working and adding to it for the next 2-3yrs to make it better. I think the biggest mistake they could make right now is abandon it. IMHO, what they've attempted with it is better than most recent Far Cry games for me, but, I'm a sci-fi kinda guy so I'm biased.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    As per usual you are just spewing BS - it was a huge thing.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/the-witcher-3-kepler-gpu.38945/

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Don't be silly, E.T did in no way destroy anything but itself, the gaming industry had issues, but none of those can be blamed on a single video game.
    Besides, some people did enjoy playing E.T, so it wasn't a complete failure either.

11. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Not to say that you are wrong, on the contrary you are quite right as the game was launched in a Beta state. My point being, as long as they remedy the bugs and the final game lives up to the expectations, it should be fine in my books. I am yet to purchase it, as I am waiting for bugs to be squashed.

The only people who were disappointed were the ones who, as always, bought into the hype and pre ordered. Rest of us will stay with our patience.

12. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    I think that sounds reasonable. This combined with the other obvious factors of course like the many console players not having had a stable release as well as the graphics have been completely 100% broken outside the PC platform. That has nothing to do with quoting remakes to customers. That's just not releasing a product that's even complete. I wouldn't build you a 4 wheel drive with two wheels that's just nuts right?
    I need to start looking up Guru3d's negative reviews

13. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    The more I look at Star Citizen, the more it looks like a con job to me....basically all fart and no sh!t!

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's the exact opposite, that's what I used to think. They have updates that are completely open. I don't even own the game and I can see that they have done amazing things.

15. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 (10GB)
    They're absurd. The game has so far sold 13 million copies because people like me enjoy the game. I enjoy hardly any games these days but this one is exceptional. It's when you actually play it for many hours you can see that there's been an incredible amount of effort put into its creation and the time needed to pull it off.

Solfaur likes this.

16. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Yeah it's not ET.
    Yeah it's a trial for anyone without a lot of patience I guess.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  18. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    I played most of Cyberpunk and I parked it in one of the last missions when you get a message mentioning that there is no point back from that quest.
    I'll finish it when a good patch arrives.

The game is awesome to me.

Still, my favourite games are from "FromSoftware" ( DS1,2,3, Sekiro and still haven't played Bloodborne). While they don't pack 144 FPS and epic graphics... they made the best games I played in the last 5-7 years and instantly make me forget games other AAA games.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It became flawless - it wasn't at launch. Having 780 ti's myself at the time, i remember all too well. But i came back half a year later, and it was GOAT.

20. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just played Witcher 3 last month it still has bugs, great game none the less, played Cyberpunk a few more bugs but great game also.
    Witcher 3 is what version 1.31 now, remember playing the initial release and it had some serious bugs, but played and like it.

theoneofgod and Dragam1337 like this.