Cyberpunk 2077s lead gameplay designer leaves CD Projekt RED

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's absolutely disgraceful how the exectutives messed things up in cdpr.
    if this game will ever become what is was supposed to,it'll take years.
    better just move on,start from scratch with a sequel and make it good.

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Cyberpunk 2077 will go down as one of the biggest fails in gaming history.

Endymion likes this.
  4. Darklight

Darklight Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390x 8GB
    Let's just bury all copies of CP77 along with I.T. in the Desert.

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    still looking forward to playing it after dlcs and fixes are out.

Keitosha, thamp3dude, Silva and 2 others like this.
  6. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    this is a very good summary

anticupidon likes this.
  7. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Corrupt^ and The Laughing Ma like this.
  8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I haven't played CP2077 since, hmmm, around the launch, it was buggy so I'd decided to 'gather dust' in my SSD while I preoccupy myself with other games. Gonna wait for a few major patches before I'd even consider firing it up.

Maybe by the time it's been patched to damn near perfection, I'd be running a 7900XT or 8900XT, then full RT at 3440x1440/4K should be an issue anymore with AMD.

Silva likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Witcher 3 had the same start if you remember, CDPR is not good at starting product... But with time W3 have become a great game.
    The only different thing is that there is lot more people waiting for it (there is a lot of player of the RPG Cyberpunk 2020 around the world) and lot more people doing some "like" or "follow" to their channel doing video on it.
    Cyberpunk sale where big and most people don't ask refund (despite some whould want).
    There IS bug, but there is some in AC Valhalla too (btw thank MSI lol) when you have half of your mount in the ground or when you are stucked in a wall, door or furniture... and there was not a flame down like for Cyberpunk 2077.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    wasn't it Star Cityzen?

thamp3dude likes this.

11. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    I played 300´sh hours of CP2077. I really did enjoy it. Yes there is glitches and whatnot. I personally never saw any game braking bugs.

I still want to play it, but i´m done with it for now, until i upgrade my GPU.

Aztec2Step, thamp3dude and alanm like this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    See this I don't get. Witcher 3 was flawless on release for PC. The majority of bugs I've seen and heard about where on consoles. Same for the Witcher 2. The PC version was great and I'm surprised CD Projekt even made an Enhanced Edition because I didn't think it even needed it. Witcher 1, that's a different story. It was buggy as hell on release, but it was still a great game and CD Projekt fixed it for free. Cyberpunk, well its just a total mess. They can patch it all they want but the foundation is just bad, really really bad.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Wasn't that the guy who got the position mid-2020? It looks like a fall basically. Or he just promised miracles he couldn't do.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

o_O

it seems many of them were introduced with patches instead XD

metagamer likes this.
  15. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Guest

GPU:
    3080 ti
    It really seems like a lot of people complaining about CP2077 are just jumping on the bandwagon. Speaking of the PC version only, I played it from start to finish and it was a fantastic game. >100hrs and no game breaking bugs or anything that ruined my experience. It is like playing Deus Ex again but 21st century version. Well worth it.Would love to get a 3080 Ti and play again with full RT etc enabled. Not holding out much hope of that though with the crappy supply of GPUs..

Solfaur, Aztec2Step and thamp3dude like this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    No, witcher 3 was NOT flawless on release for pc. It had about the same amount of bugs as cyberpunk, and while Maxwell gpu's ran it ok, kepler gpu's performance in the game was abysmal - wasn't fixed till months later.

rl66 likes this.
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    YES, it was flawless. I don't know what the hell you ran it on but it was great for me on a Kepler 770. I've played Cyberpunk from start to finish, it's overhyped garbage and CD Projekt should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon, I've been a die hard fan of CD Projekt for years.

Fox2232 likes this.
  18. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I've been enjoying no man's sky for a few days now, played it like 2 years ago and it was falling apart even though they said it was soo much better, so I guess before that it didnt even launch half the time

I hope this one doesnt take that long, but there's precedent for this sort of thing

thamp3dude likes this.
  19. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    I seriuosly want the people having actual problems with CP2077 to equally hate ALL other gamedevs/publishers for all other shitty games.
    Skyrim, The EA / Ubisoft / Activision Ethics, etc. The only other game that got this kind of crap so far was No Mans Sky ( deserved... and they kind-of fixed that. )

If you do, loads of respect. If you don't: don't be hypocritical.

Signed sincerely: the guy that loves the f*ck out of 2004's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

[EDIT]: I didn't read EspHack's post, so this is not a reply to EspHack. Several friends of mind who pre-ordered tell me that NMS got WAY batter, but I didn't enjoy it either. So, could be just a matter of taste and meaning of fun.

carnivore, Solfaur and 0blivious like this.
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Aside from a few bugs and some odd design decisions, calling this the worst game ever is completely absurd. Disappointing? Absolutely. People actually compared this to ET? You must not have played it (there are even worse games than that, but I digress). There is actually a middle ground between fantastic and crap. The game isn't complete crap and anyone claiming such just sounds laughable. Most disappointing game ever? Overhyped? I could get behind that notion but there's no way it's the worst game ever.

I feel like you folks who have to be so extreme with every opinion should now be forced to play ET. :p