GeForce RTX 3060 hashrate restriction bypassed by miners

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 10, 2021.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe no worries, just making fun. Sadly you don't game enough :D
    And yes, any measure that supports a dog gets my full support.

jura11 likes this.
  2. sam640

sam640 Member

GPU:
    GTX-1070
    Nvidia: No one can hack our limiter.
    also Nvidia: Hold my beer.

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi, just curious to how much your monthly electric bill is.

4. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    A light at the end of the tunnel for gpu prices after all [​IMG]

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Noisiv likes this.
  6. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It literally says you need the driver in the article you quoted.

upload_2021-3-22_11-55-39.png

This entire thread is a honeypot for people who post before they read.

9. CalmYourself

CalmYourself Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 24GB
    I had to sign up, because you are some sad, angry misinformed little gamers. Personally, my main line of work is video editing, for years on new releases I had to compete with gamers snapping up cards. Back then before the silicone shortage, I had no real problem waiting a few weeks. Now let me make this clear to you. Miners are NOT SNAPPING UP 3090 cards, they are not interested I 3080ti cards. They are too high priced to be profitable. These are being bought by gamers, and you know why they are short? Because there is a silicone shortage. the most common card to mine with is still the RX5** Series or the Nvidia 10** series. Yes some miners are hitting up the 3060 and 3070s. But the shortage is GRAPHICS CARDS ACROSS THE BOARD DUE TO A SILICONE SHORTAGE. What's causing it? Basically coronavirus. people stuck at home, buying electronics. The PS and Xbox series x shortage, was that miners? The Xiaomi 10T shortfall, was that miners? No, it was a simple issue of an increase in across-the-board electrical demand.

I think they should ban PC gaming because it interferes with my work (see what a jackass that would make me), these people spend money on the things they want to and should be let do whatever the hell they want. the 3060 was built for miners, it hit the shelf well over MSRP and when the community failed to remove the hash rate limiter for eth, Nvidia leaked it themselves. the 3070-3090 are for gamers and gamers are the ones primarily getting them, just looking on user benchmark you can clearly see that more than 1/3 of all 3090s and 3080s were benchmarked with their software in gaming PCs. That's one piece of benchmarking software!!! Checking an alternative another 40% there, that's already almost 73% of all these cards benchmarked in the hands of gamers. So maybe shut the hell up crying that you can't get something because of miners when in actual fact it's just other gamers!!! I also imagine now all gamers use bench software, and some simply don't use the top too, so how much more than 73% of these cards are in the hands of gamers? 80- 90%. Now don't get me wrong, SCALPERS have forced gamers to buy at raised prices SCALPERS, not MINERS! i bought the cards for my edit rigs from scalpers for 5000usd a piece. No way I would spend that to mine. So if you want to blame people, blame the right people, stop calling it the PC master race when you are showing you can't even do the basic research I would expect from my teenage son.

DannyD likes this.
  10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I've no problem with a gamer running his card for mining, something i myself started a wee while back, no problem at all however these warehouse size mining farms indeed are a problem for us gamers imo.
    Folks on this forum are far from sad tho. This is quite a unique community here you should stick around for a while.:)