RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. aghascepter

aghascepter Guest

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 Nitro+
    Hello guys, my first time posting here, i need help.
    I bought a Vega 56 nitro+ used, awhile ago, the previous owner flashed the bios_2 with 64 bios. The GPU runs fine with the 64 bios,
    Recently someone wanted to buy the card, for final check i tried to switch to bios_1 (Default bios) as i never tried it before, to make sure that everything is good.
    Here comes the problem, when i try to boot with the bios_1, my pc turned on, but my monitor is black, like literally turned off, no "no display" signal, nothing, just turned off.
    I tried to reboot a couple of times, sometimes i can hear the windows boot sound (with the screen turned off still), sometimes my motherboard GPU debug led turned on.
    If i switch to bios_2, everything goes back to normal with no problem at all.

The previous owner suggest it could be my motherboard and tell me to try it on another PC, but i haven't got a chance to try it because the pandemic.
    I asked if there is a possibility that the bios_1 is corrupted, but the previous owner said the bios_1 cannot even be flashed because its a read-only.
    I also asked Sapphire support about the problem, but they're not really helpful at all so far, and take too long to reply.
    They do provide an original vBios which i'm not sure what to do with it, it something named "377L070D.O01 is the boost as bios1" in their description.
    I haven't tried anything else, can i flash the bios_1? because now i'm not sure, as the previous owner of the card tell me that bios_1 cannot be flashed.
    Thanks in advance.

My spec :
    Ryzen 5 3500x
    B450 Tomahawk Max
    16GB 3000mhz
    Sapphire Vega 56 Nitro+
    Superflower Leadex Silver 550w

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    BIOS 1 may not be a UEFI BIOS. Your system may require one.

OnnA likes this.
  3. aghascepter

aghascepter Guest

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 Nitro+
    Hello, thanks for answering, so what i need to do to solve it? is it something on motherboard or do i need to flash the gpu Bios_1?
    I remember turning on UEFI only on my motherboard bios, i just tried to put the boot mode back on UEFI + Legacy mode, but the same thing still happen.

4. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    After i Watercooleed my Ryzen 5 3600, my Vega 56 pulse never reaches more then 60 degrees.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I would leave it alone. If the new owner is using an UEFI system, and he agrees to blow out the non-UEFI BIOS, then you can grab the stock UEFI BIOS and flash it to BIOS-1. Assuming you know for a fact that BIOS-1 IS a non-UEFI bios. Sometimes the two BIOS are both UEFI, with one being a lower clock / voltage than the other.

You need to do some more investigating on the stock setup of both.

aghascepter likes this.
  6. aghascepter

aghascepter Guest

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 Nitro+
    Quick update.
    Sapphire tech support just confirmed to me that the vBios on switch 1 can be flashed, they suggested to reflashed it, so i reflashed the bios_1 with default vBios.
    Now my PC can boot with Bios_1 (Vega 56) and Bios_2 (Vega 64) without any problem. Thanks for your help.

7. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    My V56 is boosting beyond the adversing clocks (1592mhz in wattman / ~1640mhz measured both in GPUZ, Afterburner and Wattman), i think that is due to the low temps (65 degrees at full load, 50 degrees in games).
    Any tips?

8. soniktoothe

soniktoothe Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+
    So I am finally getting around to posting my OC results for my Vega 56. I am pretty proud of the results. I'm not sure if I have seen a Vega 56 get over 27500 before. Results show as a Vega 64 due to bios. My CPU is only a bronze sample so it is hurting my scores a bit.

I did this about 6 weeks ago and am moving on to a different card but had a blast tweaking the settings on this. I took advantage of 14 degree temps(F) outside and turned my case so it was pulling air directly through the window.

Memory at 1110 and card OCed to 1783 with boosts well over 1800. Definitely not remotely close to stable for any long term usage or gaming.

Firestrike:

Overall: 22523
    Graphics: 27510
    Physics: 20449
    Combined: 10205

Time Spy:

Overall: 8191
    Graphics: 8335
    CPU: 7466

Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 w/Samsung memory/flashed with XFX Vega 64 Bios
    Ryzen 3600x
    MSI B450 Tomahawk
    16GB G.Skill B-die RAM OCed 3600mhz 14/14/14/28 timings

MemTweak Settings:

maxtemp="85" tdplimit="50" zerorpm="False" timing="0" rfc="244" ckestag="2" wrdata="1" rdlat="14" wrlat="5" rddata="19" cke="8" cpded="2" xp="8" stag="7" rfcpb="120" cksrx="10" cksre="10" pd="8" xsmrs="8" xs="270" mod="15" mrd="8" ref="26000" rdwr="18" wrrd="1" wrwrscl="3" wrwrsc="1" wrwrsd="2" wrwrdd="3" rdrdscl="3" rdrdsc="1" rdrdsd="2" rdrddd="3" rrefd="8" wr="14" wtrl="9" wtrs="4" cwl="6" faw="14" rtp="4" rrdl="4" rrds="2" rppb="14" rpab="14" rcpb="42" rcab="44" rcdwr="5" rcdrd="12" ras="26" cl="12">

<p0 vddc="800" clock="167" enabled="1"/>

<p1 vddc="800" clock="500" enabled="1"/>

<p2 vddc="950" clock="800" enabled="1"/>

<p3 vddc="1100" clock="1110" enabled="1"/>

<p0 vddc="800" clock="852" enabled="1"/>

<p1 vddc="857" clock="991" enabled="1"/>

<p2 vddc="907" clock="1084" enabled="1"/>

<p3 vddc="957" clock="1138" enabled="1"/>

<p4 vddc="1007" clock="1200" enabled="1"/>

<p5 vddc="1057" clock="1401" enabled="1"/>

<p6 vddc="1050" clock="1650" enabled="1"/>

<p7 vddc="1200" clock="1783" enabled="1"/>

<p0 fan="45" temp="0"/>

<p1 fan="59" temp="20"/>

<p2 fan="69" temp="30"/>

<p3 fan="79" temp="40"/>

<p4 fan="89" temp="50"/>

Screeshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

DanielRX likes this.
  10. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    If you check the prints with dlls the image is blurry and really not good.

Amd is running really good on this one.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Max quality (all sliders to the max + x8 MSAA)

[​IMG]

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Oh no, there's a red bar at the top!

Undying and MerolaC like this.
  13. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700XT AIB
    I forgot which tweaks you can do in registry for EQAA and other things. @OnnA i summon you I found out that AMD once promoted SGSAA or something but never put it in driver in the end. I just want to fiddle so i can get some insane antialiasing on select games :) I tried just driver adaptive multisampling and it works ok. MFAA not pleasant but doesnt blur the RTSS overlay anymore. so that's welcome in the latest 21.3.1 driver i installed.

14. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700XT AIB
    I fiddled a bit with CCC and copied into regedit and made a IQ image quality tweak for highest mipmap, AF and texture LOD (-5). Works on my Vega. If anyone dares, i'll be interested if you can spot better filtering or something on higher res monitors - i only have 1080p 21:9 but it drops FPS from the 100s to around 100 for me so maybe it makes a difference? I only tested optimised games so let me know if it all tanks. https://pastebin.com/aQcR5Zzs (Download the raw or text file, rename to .reg and run. Ideally be interested in this already so nobody says i broke a driver.)

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Some of the Tweaks just unhides options in old CCC (Usefull for AA and AF + Video).
    You need new driver + CCC (First install normal driver then install CCC - pick auto).

16. Toetje583

Toetje583 Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Red Devil
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try only Freesync + FRT (by RTSS), im not using V-sync at all in my setup ;)
    (Only FS + FRT)

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Nice thing I like about DXVK is that once I started using that, it no longer became a requirement to use a frame cap tool. Hitting maxfps no longer causes hitching when dipping below maxfps. So no need for FRTC, RTSS, or any other limiter, it's all smooth and fluid.

19. Toetje583

Toetje583 Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Red Devil
    There more workarounds, however to add each game to RTSS etc etc, urgggga! I don't tend to use third party applications so either it's vsync off + chill or I just disable freesync for now and be done with it until they fix it.

20. Teo_

Teo_ Member

GPU:
    Saphire Vega 64
    Any Vega user on 21.3.1 and win7SP1 (64bit) that has FRTC functioning?
    I even reinstalled it (DDU) and it simply is not there for me. Also I remember they dropped FRTC back in 19.x.x for Chill.
    Why would they bring this back now? Also found some usefull info on this here and here.
    I sit on 240hz monitor that supports freesync and I would love to experiment with but it just does not show up.
    Screenshot_3.jpg Screenshot_4.jpg

Edit: I duplicate post some information added.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021