AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Mar 18, 2021.

1. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-21-3-1-driver-download.html

Support For
    • AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 Graphics
    • DOOM Eternal™: The Ancient Gods - Part Two
    • Radeon BoostGD-158
      • Now supports DirectX®12 with Variable Rate Shading for select titles.
    • Radeon Anti-LagGD-157
      • Now supports DirectX®12.
    • Performance Tuning Stress TestGD-106
      • A new built in tool for Performance Tuning in Radeon Software that allows users to stress test their graphics products tuning profiles.
    Added Vulkan® Support
    • VK_KHR_synchronization2
      • This extension modifies the original core synchronization APIs to simplify the interface and improve usability of these APIs. It also adds new pipeline stage and access flag types that extend into the 64-bit range. Pipeline stages and access flags are now specified together in memory barrier structures, making the connection between the two more obvious. Additionally, Layout transitions have been simplified by providing generic layouts, which are contextually applied based on the image format. Events are made more efficient as well as they include memory dependency information when they are set on the device. Furthermore, Queue submission has also been changed to wrap command buffers and semaphores in extensible structures, which incorporate changes from Vulkan 1.1, VK_KHR_device_group and VK_KHR_timeline_semaphore. This adds a pipeline stage to the semaphore signal operation, mirroring the existing pipeline stage specification for wait operations.
    • VK_EXT_4444_formats
      • This extension defines the VK_FORMAT_A4R4G4B4_UNORM_PACK16_EXT and VK_FORMAT_A4B4G4R4_UNORM_PACK16_EXT formats for compatibility with other graphics APIs to help with porting without having to resort to swizzling.
    • VK_EXT_conditional_rendering
      • This extension allows conditional draws, compute dispatches or clears based on a value in command buffer memory. These commands could be discarded without the application’s intervention if the condition is not met, which may result in reduced latency.
    • VK_KHR_sampler_ycbcr_conversion
      • This extension provides the ability to perform color space conversions during texture sampling operations for the Y′CBCR color space, which is mainly used for processing inputs from video decoders and cameras. It also adds a selection of multi-planar formats, image aspect plane, and the ability to bind memory to the planes of an image collectively or separately.
    Fixed Issues
    • Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle.
    • A system hang or crash may be experienced when upgrading Radeon Software while an Oculus™ VR headset is connected to your system on Radeon GCN graphics products.
    • Minecraft™ DXR may exhibit corrupted or missing textures when ray tracing is enabled on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
    • An application crash may occur in Call of Duty™: Modern Warfare when ray tracing is enabled on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
    • Lighting fails to render correctly on Radeon RX 6800 series graphics products in Star Citizen™.
    • A black screen may occur when enabling and disabling Enhanced Sync while vsync is enabled in some Vulkan® API games.
    • A black screen or system hang may occur on Hybrid Graphics systems for some Vulkan® API games when Enhanced Sync is enabled.
    • Bethesda™ launcher may experience an application crash on startup when launching some games.
    • Users may be unable to create a new scene in the Radeon Software Streaming tab on first launch or after a settings factory reset.
    • Game specific performance tuning profiles may fail to load when a global performance tuning profile has been created or set.
    • Disabling HDCP support and performing a factory reset and/or system restart may sometimes trigger a system crash or hang on boot.
    • Epic Games™ social overlay or launcher may exhibit color corruption.
    • Xuan-Yuan Sword VII™ may experience an application crash with DirectX®12 ray tracing enabled on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics.
    • Color corruption may be experienced in Cyberpunk 2077™ when Radeon Boost is enabled.
    • Display flicker or corruption may occur on high refresh rate/resolution multi-monitor system configurations on Radeon RX Vega series graphics.
    • Audio loss or cutout may intermittently occur on some TV displays when Windows® audio is set to use 5.1 or 7.1 speaker configurations.
    Known Issues
    • The start and cancel buttons in the performance tuning stress test may disappear when Radeon Software is resized to be small.
    • On a limited number of displays, the preferred desktop resolution in Windows® may change when the display is power cycled.
    • Enabling vsync in Rocket League and setting the game to use borderless fullscreen may cause stuttering or ghosting.
    • Radeon RX 400 and 500 series graphics products may experience a TDR during extended periods of video playback.
    • Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.

Krteq, Embra, JonasBeckman and 5 others like this.
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    thought they was bringing out their dlss this month?

3. Direfield

Direfield New Member

GPU:
    7800XT Nitro+/16GB
    Interesting there's a Stress test option now in wattman (rx580)

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's coming later, possibly 2022 judging by the latest info.

EDIT: :D
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-fidelityfx-super-resolution-(fsr)-to-launch-this-year.html

insp1re2600 likes this.

5. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Software Version - 2021.0310.1434.26222
    Driver Version - 20.50.03.01-210310a-365057E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01486
    OpenGL® Version - 26.20.11000.148202
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.18
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.179
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.2.170
    Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Profile wise...

Boost is white listed for Cyberpunk 2077, Resident Evil 3, Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) and Metro Exodus.

There's an additional blacklist for Duty Cycle Scaling...whatever that is or does.
    Boost has been removed from the Destiny 2 profile.

The bolded line isn't in this driver.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Is BFV Bug still here? (Vega users).

Denoso likes this.
  8. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470
    • Radeon RX 400 and 500 series graphics products may experience a TDR during extended periods of video playback.
    • not good

AlleyViper and srdjan1995 like this.
  9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No HAGS or ReBAR with this one :(
    Also, can't find the stress test.

Other than that, it seems like a good release.

DanielRX likes this.
  10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Honest question here as I am quite new to AMD (haven't had an AMD GPU since my HD 7950). Does AMD barely ever bring out WHQL drivers because they are too expensive or because their drivers are so shoddy they barely ever have a chance at passing the WHQL certification from MS? Coming off of nine years of nVidia drivers with little to no issues I can definitely say that AMD is severerely lacking when it comes to quality drivers which really sucks because this generation of cards (RX 6000 series) seems to be quite good in terms of hardware. The last WHQL certified drivers from AMD was four months ago and those are still the recommended drivers! Unbelievable.

I really want AMD to succeed with this generation of cards and punch back into the market like they did with their Ryzen processors but without better quality assurance in their driver department I don't really see how it is going to be possible. The sheer amount of black screens and system lockups are ridiculous while other persistent issues such as in game texture corruption (for example Insurgency Sandstorm and Disco Elysium) and stuttering (Deep Rock Galactic and many others) is endemic to their poor quality drivers.

I took a large financial bet on AMD this generation and so far all my friends with 3000 series nVidia cards are having zero problems while I am having the most problems I have ever had with a GPU.

11. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Radeon Settings, Performance, Tuning, it should be up near the top right.

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

Giggity!

somemadcaaant likes this.
  13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    If anyone asks about re-bar in gpu-z it most likely reads the setting from motherboard bios. I have re-bar enabled in bios (asrock x570 taichi, bios 4.00) and this is what gpu-z says for my rx580:
    [​IMG]

installer1985, DanielRX and HD64G like this.
  14. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    Unfortunately this doesn't fix the poor performance for AMD GPUs with Destiny 2 after their latest DLC launch (yes, I know it's Bungie's fault, but this doesn't change the fact that an old driver like 20.4.2 doesn't see the huge dip in the performance).

JonasBeckman likes this.
  15. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I still cannot use 10-bit pixel format with freesync, stuttering is rally bad it makes every game unplayable.

16. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    This driver (as all drivers from this year) still keeps GPU at 500MHz and 30-40 fps when I play Black Mesa (Vsync on). The driver 20.12.2 keeps GPU at 1000MHz with 75 fps (the monitor is 75Hz).

The video recording with 5.1 speakers configured system still doesn't work.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thank you, but, that's where I first checked.
    Nothing there.

Can you please, take an screenshot of it?

18. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Performance/Tuning

I think it appeared when I already set some overclock. At the first moment I couldn't see it there.

stresstest2.jpg

stresstest.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Damn it, Imma DDU the driver then.
    It's not there for me.

Edit:

DDU did it for me.
    The thing is there.

They also added descriptions to what Current temp and juntion temp are.

Nice update so far.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  20. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700XT AIB
    upload_2021-3-18_19-26-47.png
    This driver seems nice. FRTC is now present and seems to stay enabled with Chill or Antilag simultaneous. Tried it on a opengl game capped to 250fps in engine, 200fps cap is 196fps in menu. (According to RTSS 7.3.1 and latest MSI AB final)

Teo_, OnnA, Dekaohtoura and 2 others like this.