AMD Ryzen 5 5300G Engineering Sample Sold on Ebay and Benchmarked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 15, 2021.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Until you need to use Direct Storage.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    That's a myth.

Fox2232 likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    RDNA2 is bit more bandwidth efficient than last of GCN (Vega). By itself it would not be big improvement.
    If there was die size investment to IC, I am sure, graphical performance of APUs could even double.

I would not be surprised if 8 RDNA2 CUs run circles around 10/11 GCN CUs. But problem is different. Transistor cost of 10 Vega CUs vs 8 RDNA2 CUs + IC.
    My guess is that IC investment would start to show worth when APUs use 16CUs+.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Current: Storage (compressed) => RAM (compressed) => CPU (decompression) => RAM (Inflated) => PCIe transfer of inflated data towards GPU/VRAM

Direct Storage: Storage (compressed) => PCIe transfer of compressed data towards GPU/VRAM => VRAM (compressed) => GPU (decompression) => VRAM (inflated)

Guess what? Direct Storage saves a lot of PCIe bandwidth when it gets to provisioning of new data.

5. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    So... seeing that nobody commented about this again, I'm guessing that nobody really cares about the AV1 support?

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    It might still have it, the video decoder engine isn't really linked to the architecture, they can update it independently, as seen with ravenridge and renoir which both have vega igpus, yet feature VCN hardware like navi.

7. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Hope you are right!