Purchase a second hand PowerColor RX 6700 XT for just over a 1000 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 16, 2021.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This so much, my previous card died in roughly 3 years, xfx r9 270, at the time everything was normal so you could actually go and buy a video card at the correct price, now everything is double to triple the price....... and the fun part.. not in stock.

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I've managed to nab a pair of 5870s for £15 each. Perfectly good for most of the games I'm playing lately!

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I want two of them!...

4. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    What i don't understand is this: if AMD is not only making GPUs, but reference/BBA videocards too (as they/we used to call them), which they like to promote in their videos, why the f*ck can't they open a local warehouse somewhere in EU in some country which have low taxes, so we can order cards from their website/warehouse directy, so they could ship those graphics cards to us at MSRP prices...

Kosmoz likes this.

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I wonder how long it will take for this GPU situation madness to start to affect PC game sale numbers. As it is, I already have a couple of games I'm not willing to play before acquiring a new card, but I definitely won't buy any new AAA games anymore, for the time being. Fortunately something like Valheim doesn't take much of a card, but if folks only buy something like that, the general level of spending will drop.

Actually, within the EU, a store needs to collect according to the VAT rate of the country where the buyer resides in if the sales are larger than a set limit, annually. The limit is set by each individual EU country for their own needs (it's typically anything from 35k-100k). So, if a shop is in the Netherlands and a gamer is in Germany, the gamer will pay the low German VAT and the card is cheaper for him/her. But if the buyer is in Finland, he/she will pay a higher price due to the higher VAT.

This is also why some shops don't bother with it or stop selling abroad when the sales go past the limit. After all, it's quite a bother and requires a more complicated user interface in the webstore.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Solfaur likes this.
  6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    That's the crazy thing about hardware prices these days, especially GPU's, prices seem to defy gravity and is always going up! For example, when I'd gotten my Nitro+ RX 6900 XT at about 1330USD, I'd believed that I was making a dumb mistake, buying a GPU at that price, in fact, the highest I'd ever paid for a vid card.

When I see prices going just apeshite, I'm kinda glad I'd made that leap of faith. I mean, I was looking at the garage section of the local forum I go to, I darn near fell off my chair when I saw:
    RTX 3060 being scalped at 820USD
    RTX 3060 Ti being scalped at 1114USD
    RTX 3070 being scalped at 1188USD

The price I'd paid for my RX 6900 XT doesn't seem that bad at all, perhaps we should be thankful that AMD cards aren't the preferred cards for mining. Regardless, things don't look good for first half, perhaps till end-of-the-year, so those who are looking to upgrade will have to grit their teeth and bear with it.

Anyway, the RX 6700 XT review should be out tomorrow, right? Looking forward to reading Hilbert's review when it's released.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I still feel like I got robbed paying $1K CAD ($1129 after tax) for a TUF 3080 OC after back ordering and waiting a month and a half. I firmly believe it would have been less than half that price if the market wasn't absolutely FUBAR to new record levels. Once upon a time a flagship video card was $249 CAD, not $1K. Then the Titan arrived, and I warned you all prices would never return to normal, especially if anything else pushes demand up. These MSRPs are thoroughly stupid.

But, you know what's infinitely dumber? Paying a scalper. All these scalper issues would be dead if some assholes didn't have more money than common sense and just waited for stock to arrive instead of feeding the disease that is the scalpers. There'd immediately be so much more stock available if people weren't feeding the scalpers. That and if governments worldwide stop being worthless and ban crypto mining already.

Kosmoz likes this.
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    No offense taken. I got my card like 2 weeks ago. If I had to wait longer, I would have. I even posted that if things go for much longer, I could as well skip till RDNA3 as my interest in current generation would be lower than what I expect from next.

Kosmoz likes this.
  9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    got a 6800xt for less new

Venix and Undying like this.
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    So it's been over a week now since that 3090 Aorus I mentioned in some other thread appeared in stock at my local etailer and still hasn't sold. So if anybody is interested, you can have it right now for just 3700 euros. :rolleyes:

Same, I have 5+ AAA games on backlog which I got for winter holiday sales and I have 0 intention of playing them since I can't max them out and run them decently. I went through a full 120 hour Cyberpunk playthrough with avg 30 FPS, it was enough for me.

Luckily, or rather said unluckily (as it's not the greatest experience with all the tryhard neckbeards, but still damn addictive and fun at times), I found my "safespace" in WoW Classic again, and will likely continue with it throughout the TBC relaunch as well. The game can basically be run on a potato and even if my 4 year old 1080Ti decides to die on me, I have an ancient 680 waiting that will likely run this game somehow. But other than that? Yeah, this is it for me in regards to pc gaming for the foreseeable future. No point in making "I'll buy a PS5 threats", as even that is virtually impossible to get... "good" times.

11. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Come on..... and you also got one twice as much new.... And no, offsetting the cost by selling an old card doesn't count, that MSI Gaming X Trio for your wife at £1049.99

But of course, it is cheaper than the 6700XT on this stupid website being scalped, this is so insane....

While it's good that at time we can buy cards, we really should not purchase cards at these prices, it just enables retailers, scalpers, 2nd hand market to keep pushing prices higher and higher, the only way we can fight this is abstaining from purchasing at these prices

Kosmoz, itpro and Solfaur like this.
  12. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Think of the guys, who want to setup a new system, feel really sorry for them. Recently I found my old R9 purchase invoice from 5/2014 (was thinking of selling one R9, but cancelled intension, in case one dies....)

It is a top of the line "HIS R9 280X iPower IceQ X² Turbo Boost". It was NEW €187,50 inc. VAT and shipping. Now I saw them on ebay USED for over €200.-!! totally crazy. Wonder if we already reached the price peak?. Decided NOT buying nor selling ANY HARDWARE new or used at this stupid time.

itpro likes this.
  13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fraud

itpro likes this.
  14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Gona revert to stock bios right away :D

15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Don't be jealous bro

itpro likes this.

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    PC community is without proper education level nor belongs to pragmatic workforce but noobs, wannabe gamers or IT devs (lol) with titans paying what they can to be a part of this problem. Personally, I buy only TVs and smartphones but I stopped buying PC parts. Guess why. I'm jealous. YESS!!!

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    No, it really shouldn't. We all agree crypto mining is a waste of energy and a major nuisance in the gaming market, but those are not good reasons for governments to step in. If everyone could get something banned because of personal inconveniences, we would live in a real crappy world. Ironically, gaming wouldn't exist in such a world, because lazy/neglectful parents for years have blamed games for their misbehaving children.
    Climate change would be a good reason, but unfortunately, miners don't contribute enough of a difference in most countries. Of the countries where mining contributes the most toward pollution, they're also the hardest countries to regulate.

Funny, I have a HIS IceQ 290, where like you, I got it in 2014 and is still in use today. Since I likely won't have a use for it when I retire it, I wouldn't mind selling it, but I don't have a replacement. Rather annoying, since this is the year I was planning to upgrade.

Not all gamers are screwed though - laptops are at a point where they're not a stupid choice for gamers, and those are actually available. Sure, the Zen3 and 11th gen Intel models aren't widely available, but at least you can actually buy something.

18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    It's not jealousy I feel, rather, pity...

Kosmoz, cucaulay malkin and itpro like this.
  19. cap5lock

cap5lock Active Member

GPU:
    RTX™ 4070 Ventus 2X
    Got huge amounts card before release ?
    Three possibilities:
    1. He is the official seller
    2. He is powercolor (AIB)
    3. He is AMD (wtf)

20. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Damn and I was thinking I was making a mistake buying 5700xt a year or so ago, because I thought I would replace it with new card. Now I hope it wouldn't die on me for the next couple of years or it's probably going to be console gaming for me.

Keitosha and Fediuld like this.