WDDM 3.0 / 470.05

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cliffgamerz, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    expected division 2 behavior at this point.

2. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is blinking, flashing with these. Like allways. For real Nvidia, please fix this now.

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Really weird bug in RDR2 with this driver.. Horse manes disappear when viewed from certain camera angles. It happens in gameplay or the photo mode. Screenshots are in photo mode just to make things easier to capture. Screenshots are in the same location and tried to get the same camera angles. Time of day & weather is different but it's kind of impossible to get that exactly the same.

Rolled back to the previous driver I was using v457.51, which seems to do the best for this game for me. The newer drivers 460.xx & 461.xx drivers also had some rendering glitches in RDR2 so I had been sticking on the 457.xx drivers for a while now.

v470.05 - Vulkan API

Horse Mane disappears (fades out) when viewed from top-down angle.
    [​IMG]
    Horse Mane reappears when viewed from side angle
    [​IMG]

v457.51 - Vulkan API (No issues with this driver, horse manes are rendered correctly.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SerjRozov likes this.
  4. trancers

trancers Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2080
    I hope you use this proper place to report those problems too
    https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

5. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Been using 461.81 drivers and all has been fine, tried these and all of a sudden my PC will totally lock up, I have 2 GTX 1080ti's in my system. Uninstalled this driver and went back all ok again. Very strange, no driver has even done this. It will even crash the entire PC when using the latest version of Edge.

Using Windows 10 19043.867

6. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Try disabling HAGS if you have it enabled.

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    How so........ the game was working fine on 457.51 before the latest hunt season refresh, may be just a coincidence that i installed this on the same day that Ubi updated the game or maybe this driver broke the game.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2321608-Investigating-Crash-to-Desktop-Issues-on-PC

game starts crashing just because its sunday.... atleast thats how it feels.

no fix for wow, rdr2 or r6s is in this insider branch of the driver.

RDR2 horse manes are already a game problem before this driver, its just antagonised by a Z order/culling issue present (and targetted fix for GRD 465)

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnl...rse_mane_and_tail_keeps_disappearing_happens/

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadred...rses_mane_and_tail_are_gone_and_i_kinda_like/

should report that to the developer that actually is responsible for it (Rockstar)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Well Ive just played another hour today without a single crash 457.51.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @Extraordinary
    Did you retry this driver with HAGS disabled, did it help?

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I did yea and got no more freezes or crashes, but have gone back to 461.81 for a while to test because FH4 was having weird stutters of really low fps for 0.5s then back to normal every 5s or so that I didn't get prior to 470.05

EDIT -Still getting those microstutters with 461.81, maybe a GSync thing, just got a new monitor, never used GSync before, no idea tbh

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    AsiJu likes this.
  12. teepean

teepean Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7770
    Some CUDA applications still do not work and now Youtube started freezing when using Edge or Chrome. Firefox seems to be fine. Gaming seems to be ok as well.

13. terror_adagio

terror_adagio Member

GPU:
    7950 GTX 512MB
    I found out this driver does not have the fixes from the latest hotfix. Seems like a new official driver will be out later this month anyway. Might as well wait.

14. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This driver broke a bunch of game icons on the desktop. Ran games fine though, rolled back to previous driver because of broken links.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Drivers cannot do anything to your game icons, shortcuts, or otherwise.

what you experienced was typical windows icon cache corruption, an easily fixed situation using disk cleanup.

16. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Icon problem fixed with previous driver. Also did this with another developer driver in past.

17. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Hi. I've faced same issue with 461.81 driver but i got rolled back to 461.01 on which I've been playing the game from start. So my question is if you got weird black blinking glitches when you're choosing between outfits in the wardrobe or sometimes when skinning animals on 457.51 bcoz thats the only downside I get on 461.01 (if thats the driver issue ofc)?

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Make sure you are capping your framerate to slightly under VRR ceiling and have Vsync enabled in NV CPL.
    Disable Vsync ingame.

Also if your monitor has a real time display of refresh rate, turn it on to verify Gsync actually works ie. refresh rate varies with framerate
    (the actual values can be different though, even if you have a stable framerate, refresh rate still varies slightly).

Having said that if you have actual framerate drops I doubt it's Gsync related but something else. Game or driver problem. Verify game files, I think.

EDIT: might not apply to all monitors, but if you happen to have another source connected to the same display that is not Gsync capable, it may cause problems with Gsync.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Extraordinary likes this.
  19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks, did everything except capping so far, will try that later, seems a lot better but still getting the odd micro-stutter as if the game almost pauses for a millisecond but not as much as before

No refresh rate OSD built into the monitor unfortunately (Samsung Odyssey G5 32")

I have my TV connected to HDMI but it's disabled in display settings

Will try capping later and see if that solves it

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Let me know if it helps. Your display seems to be 144 Hz Gsync compatible (Freesync) display right?

To be more clear about capping; if you are getting framerates between for example 100 ... 144 mostly, cap to 110 ...120.
    You can cap even higher to keep within VRR range ofc but if this is a frame pacing issue, obviously the limiter only helps if its active.

Cap with RTSS or Nvidia's own driver limiter, either should work fine.

Also for troubleshooting set Prefer Max performance in game profile if not already.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    fluidz and Extraordinary like this.