MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That’s regular MSI AB overlay, not an OverlayEditor’s one. Yep, looks like coordinate space issue for sure so profile with framebuffer coordinate space will solve it.

Astyanax likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Just installed Wildlands and confirmed that the engine is using multiple viewports, so it is indeed coordinate space issue. Precreated profile for it will be included in official 7.3.1 release a few days later.

Astyanax likes this.
  4. Unwinder

All

Good news. Steam version of Forza Horizon 4 has been launched, and I just purchased my second Ultimate copy of the game (first one, which I already own, is UWP version) in hope to see UWP specific hook/overlay protection removed. And I'm happy to report that it is compatible with third party overlays/hooks, unlike UWP version of this game.
    Please take a note that RTSS blacklists ForzaHorizon4.exe by default due to UWP version hook restrictions, so you'll need to undo this exception profile in order to get it working with Steam version. To do it:

- Open RTSS settings and untick "Hide pre-created profiles" in "General" tab
    - Select ForzaHorizon4.exe profle in the list
    - Set application detection level to "Low" for this profile

In the next version of RTSS I'll slightly alter built-in profile for Forza Horizon 4 so it will allow hooking for Steam version while still block hooking for UWP version, so those extra steps won't be necessary.

Stay tuned!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Clukos, Tomatone, Haldi and 8 others like this.

5. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    thanks i can confirm, it works :)
    [​IMG]

Unwinder likes this.
  6. Unwinder

Updated RTSS 7.3.1 build 24485 is available:

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup731Build24485.zip

It includes slightly modified profiles architicture, which allows me to block hooking for UWP version of some executable but at the same time unblock it for Win32 version of it. Modified Forza Horizon 4 profile is now unlocking hooking and OSD for Steam version of this game, but keeps it locked for MS Store UWP version of FH4. It also includes built-in OSD profile for Ghost Recon : Wildlands to address OSD flickering issue mentioned a few posts above and the same profile for MSFS 2020.

Ohmer, toyo, Granacks and 1 other person like this.
  7. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Stealth brag! Cool that it's out now for Steam users, but man those prices are a bit nuts for a 2.5 year old game...

These are write offs right? Either that or MSI pays you very well. :p

8. Unwinder

That's a magic of regional pricing. Ultimate FH4 is currently about $25 in Russian steam store.

9. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    White magic when pubs use "regional pricing" for good. Black magic when they don't right? /nerd

10. Unwinder

All

We'll launch 7.3.1 build 24485 as official update shortly. Once it is on G3D download page, we'll make it visible to RTSS update notification system.

11. DNB

DNB Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900 XT
    Hey FYI I had this issue a few months ago and disabling the Ubisoft Overlay fixed it for me. Not sure if you tried that or if it causes any other issues with RTSS/ your overlay.

12. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Could you please repack the stable version of Afterburner with this one for a clean install of the software?

13. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    overlay seems to disappear when alt tabbing in crysis remastered. tried changing coordinate space and rendering mode and no luck :/

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i think this is caused by crysis being buggy as sin and destroying the window id when you make it inactive.

15. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    i would not doubt it because the game is pretty broken right now even after this new patch that came out. HDR + DLSS is broken :/

16. Unwinder

I do not own this game and the chances that I’ll buy it for testing are _absolutely_ equal to zero. Bad quality remaster, I do not want to support the publisher with my money. So you have to live with this.

Haldi likes this.
  17. Unwinder

Ivan Gutierrez, Scoty, ParKur and 3 others like this.
  18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
  19. Unwinder

20. Unwinder

The first 7.3.2 beta is around the corner. Changes list includes:

· Recently introduced Direct3D11 swapchain latching mode is no longer enabled by default, now it is profile based and applied in compatibility profiles only when it is really necessary (e.g. in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, which may simultaneously use multiple swapchains). Enabling it globally could cause the On-Screen Display to disappear on <Alt>+<Tab> in some games with bugged renderers, which leak swapchain during display mode switch
    · Improved On-Screen Display hypertext formatting implementation:
    o Fixed covering extent calculation for layers with embedded objects resized to layer extent
    o Improved dynamic tabbing implementation. Dynamic tabulation value is no longer global for whole hypertext, now each layer calculates it independently
    o Added sticky layer position tags. Sticky layers are intended for displaying latency markers for luminance sensor based systems similar to LDAT, which are expected to be displayed in a fixed position unaffected by On-Screen Display origin selection
    o Improved concept of cursor position placeholder layers. Hypertext is no longer being automatically appended with LF symbol when the last rendered symbol is a backspace. Such approach allows using cursor position placeholder layers to define exact desired position of text output for the next hypertext clients instead of defining position one line above it
    · Improved SDK:
    o Improved OverlayEditor plugin:
    § Added layers list editor window. You can access it via “Edit list” command in “Layers” menu or via <Ctrl>+<Shift>+<L> keyboard shortcut to adjust layers Z-order visually with drag and drop or select desired layer
    § Added <Apply> button to <Layer properties> window. Now you can test your changes without closing the properties
    § Added sticky layer position options to <Layer properties> window
    § Added %Date% macro for embedding system date into hypertext
    § Decreased timer resolution to improve editor’s framepacing
    o Improved RTSSSharedMemorySample plugin:
    § Fixed plugin crash on the systems with more than 8 logical processors
    § Now the sample demonstrates new sticky layer position tags usage
    · Added new “latency marker” rendering mode for FCAT overlay. New mode is aimed to be used in conjunction with third party luminance sensor based input latency monitoring systems similar to LDAT. In this mode RivaTuner Statistics Server displays color latency event markers reflecting current input state when keyboard or mouse buttons are pressed or released. In this mode RivaTuner Statistics Server additionally stores high precision latency marker registration and latency marker presentation timestamps into shared memory and provides the timestamps to client applications. Client applications may use this data as a backend for input latency calculation in conjunction with additional data they receive from luminance sensor

upload_2021-3-30_13-49-4.png

Haldi, toyo, didamangi and 3 others like this.