Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The ps5 version is different from the ps4 one. i think its called remastered or something like that. you may have to download it again unless you want to continue the ps4 version. for COD there were also 2 versions.
    This is just my brain telling me this though, so i could be very wrong here!

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yah I thought PS5 was supposed notify about ps5 verions and install it automaticly if the upgrade was free before I luanch the game which it didnt do.

Is where I can folder on homepage that show all my games in like was on ps4? Only game right now listed on Home page is 1 one ps5 game which nioh 2 remaster. everything is hidden in game libray which i never use on ps4, I just had folder for Games installed and PS+ Games installed, Game librabry was only used when I want to install games

So far i have played any games, but disc drive is still loud and vibrates crap out things like ps4 did. Next I will test how loud the fan get. if coil whine issue no where as bad as it was on pro

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ok so coil whine is there but isnt as bad as pro, when the disc are spinning is seem to make sound worse but soon as disc stop spin ok, I can deal with so long start running to game that make sound as bad pro.

Nioh2 look amazing, Though I dont get why there i rumble in ps5 version when attacking when there was none in ps4 version.

So far I happy

I am finding the controller uncomfortable seeing is departure from DS3/DS4 shape, The haptic stuff will be permanently turned off though, I dont like grind sound coming from controller when it is on

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    serbicu likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Been playing Nioh 2 60fps play is night and day difference from ps4 verions is both FPS and res. do which the both Optimised and 4K mode target 4k dynamicly and target 60fps but from my understanding optimized mode has more effects? RT?

And Control, It remind me so much of Max payne. has the Noir feel atlest with how some people talking and gameplay feel much the same too, just more more scifi/paranormal feel. I tried it in both Performance mode and Quality mode. while that RT in quality look nice, that 30fps just dont cut it.

Booted up HZD and god damn that game look amazing, it just to bad Favor FPS is locked at 1080p and 30fps and favor res is 4K and locked at 30fps, I sure PS5 could run 4k and 60fps but that game still look fracking amazing

Overall i am pressed but the all NVMe storage I Still think was bad idea that or the few ps5 games I have dont really use that 5000-7000mb read it claims. still dont like new shape of DS5

Found few PS collections game that are for ps5 only? that I would love to play and save me trouble of actual buying. Would love my custom folders on home brought back. still dont get why they remove the function

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    More gameplay from Returnal.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    ^hmm, yeah not sure about this one, looks interesting but not sure about the gameplay from what I've seen so far. I hope it delivers!

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Procedurally generated levels. Each time you die it changes.

serbicu likes this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Really? that is kinda cool! did I miss that from the trailers I've seen so far? or was I not paying attention..

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I'm not sure if it has an effect on the character mentally or not. It might do.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    DS5 or what ever it being called is supposed to simulate rumble from ps4 DS4 game correct? short of game needing the lightbar? so why is almost all my ps4 game have no rumble on new controller it not something I really notice often in ps4 game but know almost all my game used in some way but pretty much none of ps4 game ran on ps5 are having rumble used

Does it have anything to do with I reduce the default from strong rumble on controller to medium?

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Could be that. Send Sony customer support an email to find out.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont what happen but I put Vibration intensity back to defualt (strong) and Trigger Intensity back to default, Checked my ps4 game and rumble was back, Turned off Trigger intensity again and put Vibrations intensity back to (medium) and the ps4 games still have rumble, I not sure what caused but Seem fixed for now.

Really would like Sony to fix the every 30 minutes Any disc in the system spins up, it spin up even if the game being played dont require a disc. PS4 only spun up the disc up startup of system and starting of game that requires the disc, but never every 30 minutes requardless if it required or not

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

talk about skills

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Probably the reason you can't buy these next gen consoles.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    they didnt stop there they mod it to use a better psu so no more coil whine, I am just happy the coil whine is no where as bad as it is was with the pro

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah that's a really irritating bug, no idea how it's not been patched out yet.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I had the system for 2 week and seen 1 system update, I hoping in time it is fixed, cause there ZERO reason for disc to spin up every 30minutes when that game isnt even being played, and even if the game is being played, there no reason for to spin up every 30 minutes, the whole of ALL games are installed on Storage. The disc is only needed to be spun when launching the game to check for need disc

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    ^^Agreed! It is super annoying, mostly because the disk drive is very loud.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you can fix the loud disk drive!

From reddit: Sony has step by step troubleshooting to help fix the issue. It involves keeping a disc in the system, powering off, then popping of the bottom cover where the disc drive is located. There is a black sticker on the disc drive. Carefully peel away the sticker, set to the side then gently turn screw clockwise until the disc pops out of the drive. Pull the disc out by hand and thats it. Put the sticker back on and then the cover and stand and enjoy a much quieter PS5!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    drandiiski likes this.