GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.81

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Wiredincanada

Wiredincanada New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3060Ti 8Gb
    What does that matter? People should be allowed to continue using whatever browser they wish without random flickering from a graphics driver... this issue had been going on for some time the bare basics of a graphics driver should address simple flickering in 2d environments...

Just Sayin ;P

Witcher29, Aldek and seox70 like this.
  2. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I use DCH drivers exclusively. Nvidia DCH, Realtek ALC 1220 UAD etc. I don't see any problem. And especially the Realtek's UAD seem faster at opening/closing/managing the control panel. Nvidia's is exactly the same panel, just different installation method. Doesn't follow the new Universal standards. That said, is a bit of mess with so many different UI designs.

intellimoo likes this.
  3. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Installed, will report any issues with my 3080.

Given that there is highly experienced people here - is there a way, in Windows 10, to switch a HDMI "display" to audio only?

My PC is connected to an older amplifier via HDMI which reports as 1024x768 screen (it physically has no screen). The amplifier is my sound device.

In olden times the monitor would have been connected to the amplifier and the signal would have been passed through, ergo it would have been a single device, but with the current high-refresh monitor it has to be connected to the card directly.

Now i can switch off the "display 2" in Windows, problem: This also turns off the sound.

By moving the "fake" display into a corner of the primary display and locking the mouse to the primary monitor, i solve just about all issues with this setup, but still, sometimes some troll program jumps onto a display 2 that doesn't exist, and of course those are the screens that can't be forced to switch displays with the windows key combination. My only recourse then is to turn off the amplifier so the window has to migrate.

4. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Higher latency and sound popping in audio is back again, same reported on OCUK.. Back to the 457's and all is well again. All the 461's are rubbish :(

kman, Witcher29, enkoo1 and 1 other person like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    drivers fine, no artifacts in vulkan apps, no popping, dpc latency, no crashing.

as usual.

Xtreme512, Archvile82, tfam26 and 5 others like this.
  6. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

You fix monkey box wrong wrong.

edit: I have netflix problem driver/

7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Yep have same issue and use same solution, it's the only thing we can do I believe.

I really wish Nvidia would create an option for audio-only output for a given HDMI port on its cards. @ManuelG, who do I buy a beer for at Nvidia to start this conversation?

8. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    I have noticed that Outlook/Microsoft Office software flickers on my system. I also get a quick flicker at the login screen which disappears after logging in.

I've had the login flicker ever since getting the 3080.

9. SEXGOD666

SEXGOD666 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 VISION
    I also cannot initialize the problem .. the upper part of the screen flickers after turning on the PC, then no .. but after uninstalling the driver using DDU, the flickering disappears .. most likely the problem is in the driver ... the update rolled windows 10 20H2 19042.844

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Installed after DDU, all good so far.

big ROBOT bill likes this.

11. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Performance decrease a little bit as usual with every new release, but all ok until now :)

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What kind of sound popping? With which peripheral?

13. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Two different systems and GPU

GPU : Nvidia 980 GTX
    Motherboard : z68xp ud3p ( Latest Bios )
    CPU : I7 2600K
    Sound : Asus Xonar ( Latest Low Latency Drivers ) : Nvidia HD Audio Disabled
    OS : Windows 10 ( All updated ) : High Performance Mode in Power Options
    Drivers Issue : 461.06, 461.33, 461.40, 461.51,461.81 - High Latency : Sound Popping/Cracking
    Drivers working fine : 432.00, 457.x, 460.89,

GPU : Nvidia 2070 RTX Super
    Motherboard : MSI Gaming 5 ( Latest Bios )
    CPU : I7 4790K
    Sound : Asus Xonar ( Latest Low Latency Drivers ) : Nvidia HD Audio Disabled
    OS : Windows 10 ( All updated ) : High Performance Mode in Power Options
    Drivers Issue : 461.06, 461.33, 461.40, 461.51, 461.81 - High Latency : Sound Popping/Cracking
    Drivers working fine : 432.00,457.x, 460.89

Speakers and Headphones, also lowered the KHZ in audio settings as well..

Here's a post from OCUK same issue

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    NVidia cant create a solution, HDMI is primarily a video connection method, the receiving device must receive video before it can accept audio.
    Even the Oppo 205 had to use blank video on its dedicated audio HDMI connection.
    There is no way round it without a new standard being created and implemented.

n\/Cl34r likes this.
  15. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Basically, the driver interface/control panel comes via the Microsoft store. No issue for a lot of folks.

it’s an issue if one choses not to use the Microsoft store, many folks have MS Store turned off as there isn’t a reason for them to get their stuff through MS and or wish to not use Microsoft accounts, telemetry etc.

the non dch standard driver includes everything you need, the dch version requires part to come fro Microsoft and connectivity to the store.

if you are using ms server or win 10 enterprise, you can turn off many telemetry aspects, Turn off Microsoft store, turn off cortana, edge, choose the updates you want and if you want them, etc. through settings and the group policy - but things like dch drivers be borked up so you wouldn’t pick them when you have turned off the MS connectivity. It’s up to the individual.
    It does seem more convenient to just download a more complete driver package than one that is split, and depends on what level of control one wants, and privacy

the choice is yours and your views on privacy. If you are using windows 10 home or 10 pro you have a lot less say in these matters.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    HonoredShadow and LocoDiceGR like this.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No real difference for me in the only game I play Destiny2, lol yeah still.. Have over 2300hrs now xD

ok I did notice tiny regression in heavy fights, still finding the culprint, but it's a bit random. One time I have great fps @ moon other times I have to lower Ambient occlusion down from 3D to HDAO, it gives me 5-7fps boost.

The most consistent driver appeared to be 461.33 and new insider 465.21.

17. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    No experience with multiple displays but have been pondering this problem of yours. Would something like an Astro gaming adaptor be able to work? The specs I was able to find are these:
    Audio Extraction:

• 2ch PCM
    • Dolby Digital AC3 / Bitstream (When Present)
    Resolution / Frame Rates:

• 720p / 120 Hz
    • 1080p / 240 Hz
    • 1440p / 144 Hz
    • 4k / 60 Hz

18. Destructor

Destructor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW
    After updating to this driver i am now experiencing black screens when opening and closing EVGA Precision X1 no mater what version it is. And this issue is now happening across all Nvidia drivers. I have clean installed windows but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

19. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I had to switch to Afterburner last year when Precision X1 stopped working on my system. I don't remember what changed at the time, but it was easier to just switch than fight with it.

20. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    I'm getting Hard system lockups with these.. DDU/Reinstall all that jazz. 1080 Ti SLI. Its random, but locks up either in games, or opening a broswer (Looks like GPU Usage goes ballistic in Task Manager, but cant figure if thats causing it).. Hard Locks system for a solid 10 seconds, if i leave it alone, comes back fine.. even Mouse locks up. Previous gen 457s did not do this. No artifacts or anything in games, no overclock. Very annoying.