New AMD Radeon drivers - how to save monitor profiles?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ArgonV, Feb 28, 2021.

1. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    So, a new PC and Win 10 x64 necessitated the need for new video card drivers from AMD. In the old CCC, I could set up monitor profiles (since I use Eyefinity). I could set up multiple extended displays, as well as the Eyefinity display group and switch back and fourth with a few key presses or a macro. How do I do that in the new drivers? Finding the Eyefinity calibration tool was a PITA enough...

2. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    Settings-->System-->Snap Settings and Import or Export.

3. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Thanks, no longer a hotkey function for this however?

4. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    I'm back - sadly with the very latest drivers I do not have the snap settings (or the ability to choose any Crossfire profiles for games it would seem!). :( Does anyone know when the last those were available?

5. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Ok, a few things I've found:

AMD have removed the legacy "Additional Settings" CCC.exe, MOM.exe and CLI.exe from the newer driver packages.
    I found a "recent" AMD driver package (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3) that still had those apps.
    However, using CCC.exe you need to have Eyefinity enabled before it can launch, and you can no longer save key commands when creating and saving profiles... :(

First - I did a fresh and clean install of v19.12.3 (with ethernet unplugged), enabled Eyefinity via EyefinityPro.exe, and then created my monitor profiles. I disabled the Eyefinity Group in CCC.exe, and used Windows' Display Settings to disable/enable each one of my monitors, then saved the profile in CCC.exe for the desired profile configs I wanted (which for me are Eyefinity, Single, Extended, Dual Extended)

Next - I have a Corsair K90 keyboard with programmable "G" keys I used to program to do macros, to normally press all of the button combos for each monitor profile. No longer able to assign keys to profiles, I found the command to use with the CLI.exe tool to select a profile:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\CLI.exe" Start Load profilename="PROFILE_NAME_HERE"
    With this knowledge in hand, I wrote VBS scripts for each of my monitor profiles, and programmed my K90 keyboard to launch said script when I press a "G" key. A sample VBS script looks like this:

Code:
    Dim objShell, strPath1, strAttr1
    Set objShell = CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")

strPath1 = """C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\CLI.exe"""
    strAttr1 = "Start Load profilename=""Single Monitor"""

objShell.Run strPath1 & strAttr1
    Lastly - None of this works if you restart the machine. The reason being is that the AMD drivers no longer load CCC.exe or MOM.exe on startup. So, using Windows Task Scheduler, I created a task to start the program "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\MOM.exe" when I log into my machine.

Whew!