Diablo 2 Resurrected PC requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2021.

1. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Requires Windows 10, so does that mean it will be DX12?

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    no new ideas in the big gaming industries at all

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    wow 30gb of drive space is interesting

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Thats your problem and yours. Should blaming fellow asshole gamers instead of CDPR.

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Diablo 4 seems like a really pleasant surprise to me up to now. I'm cautiously optimistic, the people involved seem to really love what they're doing and the time of the game seems perfect.
    On the other hand, you have StarCraft Remastered which was done with respect, without access to the original source code until late in development, and is basically perfect. D2 also looks right to me, we'll see. I would love controller support, but at least Diablo 4 seems like will have it.

4k HDR remade cutscenes is probably half of that, and it's actually a real 4k game with every single asset remade.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Thing is, that Story of D3 and game mechanics were so bad, that I finished story and never felt like playing again.

Would they get my trust back with D4 story being good and mechanics being much, much better than D3? Maybe.
    But then I look at visuals too. Path of Exile puts D3/D4 into pocket in visuals. And they are working on great IQ improvements for PoE 2.0. (Which is same base game=servers, no extra purchases over currently available PoE. So all cosmetics, stash tabs, everything transferred/shared. Game differs in story mode and unifies in end-game.)

So, if D4 wants to pull me from preferring PoE, they'll have to do hell of the job. (As D3 can't hold a candle to PoE in game mechanics. And that's understatement.)

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I also intensely disliked Diablo 3, mainly its story and tone. That was much better in the expansion.

All the gameplay and art released for D4 definitely has the correct tone.

tfam26 and Fox2232 like this.
  8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I also bought D3, played it for a few days then i lost my save for some reason and i never come back to it again...

As for POE, is the opposite, from time to time i revisit the game because is great and because of the new content they add. Much better than D3 and free!

Now i´m playing it again, too bad i´m a crappy player.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I used to play HC from closed beta to few years ago. But now, there is so much content which I do not even reach due to time, that HC lost its appeal.
    I would not call players "crappy", game is designed to scale with fine tuned gear and skill tree points distribution.

I mostly spend few hours planning what I will do with given character before even making it. And then I have to remind myself in leveling:
    Don't kill small groups unless they are Blue.
    Ignore Yellow mobs.
    Don't level with skills that deal damage only when you are stationary unless they IK enemies.
    Have 2 quicksilver flasks. And use them as often as possible.

Otherwise I am in for site seeing and spend everywhere twice as much time on stuff I have seen hundreds times before.
    That's why PoE 2.0 will be refreshing. Speed runners will play current PoE story mode as they know it well. And rest will get to enjoy new story, very, very slowly.

10. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    @AlmondMan it's ok,my expectations are really low when it comes to new games/remakes,but im the kind of guy that buys them anyway to see with my own eyes. Plus im not very picky, im still playing and enjoying cyberpunk,for example.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    This, with a 27gig update cherry on top. lol

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

itpro likes this.
  13. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Next I want "Dungeon Keeper" resurrected.
    It's single-handedly the game that I've replayed from beginning to end the most number of times.

14. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    Never forget what EA did to that franchise

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I already pre-ordered..... Don't really care how the game looks. D4 is taking too long to get released and I've been waiting to be able to play D2 again.

According to the devs, all they did was take Diablo2 and add 3D artwork and higher resolutions. They didn't actually recreate the game like they did for W3. They stated that the underlying game code is still the original gamecode, including code that was carried over from Diablo to D2. W3 Reforged was a complete remake.

Well, it's not actually a remake, according to the devs. They just added 3D models and artwork and higher resolutions.. The underlying game code, outside of the renderer, is the original game code. They also stated that you can still play the original, with it's original graphics. Had they attempted a remake, they would have just ruined the game entirely.

16. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    I want WarCraft and WarCraft 2 Remastered.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no thanks.

18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    you forgot the most egregious thing: they deleted sorceress underboob. blasphemy...

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  19. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    You don't like good games?