Nvidia Inspector Error

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Levyy04, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Levyy04

Levyy04 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 4gb
    Hey guys. When I try to make some changes in Nvidia Inspector's settings there i s an error: NVAPI_SETTING_NOT FOUND. Does anybody know the solution? Thanks in advance for the advice. [​IMG]

2. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Generally speaking, the solution is to use an older version of the drivers that still included that function.

3. Levyy04

Levyy04 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 4gb
    Yeah, u were absolutely right. I downloaded the 2017 version of a driver and all the options work.

4. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Newer nvidia drivers conflict with some options of the Inspector, so you have to use the control panel, can't do much about it.

5. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Yeah, because getting old drivers that are unoptimized for newer games is a solution, of course...

6. jrgn429

jrgn429 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080S 8GB

I had the same. Download version 2.3.0.12 instead of 3.5.0.0... it's actually newer ;)

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Make sure you use the latest version of profile inspector from here:

https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases/latest

Profile inspector is now its own application with its own version number. Do not use the outdated version that comes with nvidia inspector. (Note: "nvidia inspector" and "nvidia profile inspector" are two separate applications.)