Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    My expectation is the game will wind up like Dead Island 2, and we won't ever actually see it released.

But, they will keep saying "it's still being developed" and never give any proof that it is.

2. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    the proof is right in front of you. when a publisher is halting pre-purchase option and declares the game is officially not in a steady development right now, it means that another delay further into 2022, 2023 is a matter of time. 2022 is simply a convenient choice at this moment, they can't say 2023 or 2024.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    They do have over a year to mess about with the code, so it's possible that new stuff might be added. But code clean up will probably be 90% of what the new devs will do.

4. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Every single wish and hope I've had for this game has just been a monkey paw wish .... I can't claim it comes as a surprise though, the writing has been on the wall for a long while, and been thoroughly discussed on the WoD forums I daily partake in.

Whatever studio PDX hands the baton to next, please do me a solid and hire back the lead writer Brian Mitsoda, and the other leading devs who both quietly & publicly made exodus from Hardsuit Labs studio..

If there is any silver lining to this, the daily discussions and speculations about the internal strife Hardsuit Labs must have had. Have at the very least been interesting.

Guess I shouldn't look forward to VtM: Swansong, lest I monkey paw that as well.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, Dying Light 2... but still, sad to see.
    I was super excited for Dying Light 2. Hopefully it can get sorted.

Dead Island 2...
    Lost all interest in it a long time ago. Even though the publisher keeps swearing "it's still in development"... I simply don't care at this point.
    And, that's how I'm feeling about Bloodlines 2.

After random delays last year, and a quick blast of firings of leads on the project, and people leaving...
    The writing was on the wall.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohh damn I just realized you wrote Dead Island not Dying Light...

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not looking good

toyo likes this.
  9. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    So, 2022? lmao

Anyway, while I am disappointed, after Cyberpunk being such a generic mess, I'm unsure I want to see a similar VTMB.

I was bored today and watched some parts of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver. With all the dated graphics, bad camera angles and simplistic gameplay, the quality of the games is SO HIGH compared to 2021 that it got me depressed for 10 minutes. Same goes for the VTM games, both of them. I know many didn't particularly enjoy Cristof's adventure in Redemption, I quite liked it myself. Plus I will always remember that game in unique way - it was reviewed in a printed magazine, and they showed some lighting effects (in pictures) on the newly released Geforce 2 GTS, which I could only dream of at that age. Remained stuck in my memory. Pretty sure another article in the mag was Athlon breaking 1GHz and selling at Intel prices, which yet again I would only just read about.

History repeats itself, eh.

Rather sad that games have become so unworthy of losing time on compared to their former glory.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Whelp, this game turned into such a s***show. Maybe it would be for the best if in indeed turned into Dead Island 2, like @Damien_Azreal said. Less tarnished legacy of the original.

11. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I love it, after all the woke crap, PDX just fired the developer. I guess they understand that if you go woke, you go broke. A pity it took them so long.

As for the game itself, It's quite possible that PDX will sit on it for a couple of years until it is actually good. After all, all their strategy games have many years of development and support past the release date, some even without big DLC sales. They also aren't a small studio anymore, so they definitely have money for that. It's just a pity that this has happened to such an iconic game.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Not surprising but at this point it's just propping up a dead horse to walk on a parade, the game looked outdated back when they've shown first gameplay.
    Ideally it would've been just a "not good looking" game released like a year before next-gen launch.
    Then it was meant to be a last-gen game in early cross gen.
    And now it's a last gen that will probably release 2 years into next-gen.

Sure graphics aren't everything but if it's not graphics, people who made VT1 great are axed and other talented writers are cut clean due to allegations and politics then what i'm supposed to be looking forward to in this project?

At this point i doubt much could be reused by paradox as within another year the game will not only require a polishing pass but also a major redo on most fronts to stay relevant.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Visuals don't mean much in the long run when judging this title.
    Specially because what was shown was pre-alpha.

Ultimately, they announced the game way too soon. But, things have only gotten worse since then.
    With the various staff changes, key people being let go and removed from the project... and it being pulled from the original devs and moved to another studio...
    I was just thinking the other day, they should just cancel it already and move on.

Had similar feelings with Dead Island 2.

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I imagine the project is approaching duke nukem forever state of "come hell or high water, it just has to come out. Regardless of state it's in".
    It looked dated and uneven artistically on all trailers and we haven't seen much of the gameplay but heard a lot about ideological and political wars behind the scenes, slowly eliminating more recognizable contributors.

The game would've been in a "decent" spot if it released as originally intended, after first delay it would've been a cross-gen title without any support for any new features and now it'll just be a dated title, riding entirely on its story and characters... Which isn't very likely to save it?

Also remember that long time ago they promised modding tools? How much do you want to bet they won't honor it anymore.

17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Dated artistically!?
    It can only be dated graphically!

18. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I meant uneven artistically, but yes it will also undoubtedly be dated graphically.

The trailers had very varying character quality, some were closer to photorealism and others looked almost stylized. Like the main guy shown in the "dance on your grave" trailer or what was it, looked way worse than other characters shown in the trailer.

19. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    That's the trailer, not the gameplay.
    And even if the game is not graphically on the level of the most advanced games, so what! Its good enough.
    Bethesda games are way behind other in everything, yet people don't notice it! Just compare 2011 Skyrim to 2007 Crysis.
    Btw, many games are uneven artistically, mostly open world.

20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    so it's still on "Coming soon" on my Steam wish list.

anything new on this title ? or it's hopeless already ?