Wanna purchase a second hand Geforce RTX 3060 graphics card? Yeah, you already can

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2021.

1. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Welp...
    I am just happy that I got my xfx 6800xt for only 1045e.
    After selling my son's 5700xt for 710e(my 2080s went to his PC) it was cheapest upgrade ever for me...and he got like 20-30% improvement in some games.
    Now, my xfx Merc cheapest I see is 1100e plus delivery...so yeah. Good I pulled the trigger.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Read somewhere else it's 1000 bucks for the 3 of them, that's not bad if you want to Tri-SLI... oh wait!

KissSh0t likes this.
  3. Tsenng

Tsenng Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 AMP
    WOW. Things have turned completely insane with the GFX market :(

Personally i feel incredibly lucky. In Norway our used sales site for everything is called Finn.no
    I could not get my hands on any card but i had saved up money so i got a Gigabyte 3080 for 960$ and did not feel TOO bad since the retail price at the time was 890$ in the store.

I first startet to understand what was going on when i put my old card a regular 2080 non super up for sale for 450$ and within 10 minutes i had like 10ppl wanting to buy it. I honored the first guy and sold it for 450$ making my new card cost only 520$.

Less then one week later i see the same 3080 cards going used for 1500$ and the 2080 cards for 700.... it is a complete sham both Nvidia and AMD has pulled this time releasing cards that you cannot even get and making the market go completely crazy. I feel sorry for anyone needing/wanting a gfx card for the next 8-10 months

Airbud and jbscotchman like this.
  4. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Will the card even be much of an upgrade over an old 5700XT which was half the price?

5. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Luckily my Steam and EGS backlog can last me for the next 3 decades. Funny thing is i did not pay for like half those games ...

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    of my 120 steam games i bought about 20 of them and played about half those, rest i got free, and my epic catalog is all free and about as many games at this point and i installed none of those, my backlog will probably never get played, I still have yet to finish witcher 2 so i start and play witcher 3. If i could pull my self away from nioh2 i might actual get around to that, then again most play game on my ps4 at this point

As for this BS prices cause miners and bot buying up the rest it can be easily stopped atlest the price scalping online can be stopped it just wont be. All these cards are track via serial, manufacturers can mandate checks and any retailer that sell it scalping prices and is caught should blacklisted and not receive stock anymore, it might be extreme but it will stop it if it is enforced but there is zero reason for them to there card are sell faster then they can make them at MSRP, and them seeing people scalp them for such stupid prices and stupid prices being payed by stupid people will just make the manufacture raise prices even more. with prices how they were before mining crap started all over I lost interest in rebuild my pc and with prices still going and only way find these things now is to really pay those scalped prices I have zero interest

Even the prices of 1xxx series have been jacked up mostly 3rd party sellers seeling threw amazon/newegg/walmart other sites that allow 3rd party sellers, amazon/newegg/walmart and other such sellers have so far been very careful about scalping prices

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=1070ti

I payed 450 for mine there more them double and those prices are from 3rd party sellers on such sites

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  7. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Yes, and not just by 50% but 90%, spoke to a miner the other day on the ETH sub reddit, said he doesn't give a damn, it still profitable for him. I was enraged.

jbscotchman likes this.
  8. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    we should be more worried about the idiot that buys it.

jbscotchman and Truder like this.
  9. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Croatia > 870+ Euros and Turkey > expected to be above 995-1099 range (maybe more)...

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is not that bad here.
    PS5 $521 w/o VAT
    PS5 Disk-less $417 w/o VAT
    XSX $521 w/o VAT
    XSS $309 w/o VAT

Only problem is, that none are at stores right now, and better stores are basically putting you into queue. Next batches for 1st 3 consoles are coming next month.
    And Next XSS batch comes 25th this month.

In contrast to that, same shops which have queues for consoles do not even offer queues for graphics cards. And we have some smaller or PC unrelated stores which when manage to get some, put ~3x price tag on 6800.
    Those are nothing short of parasites.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I just want the 60 series to go back to normal pricing, I feel like I won't be upgrading for a very very long time.

I'm all for video cards being made for people who want to play video games with the video card.... like... I will pay money for a video card that is made to play video games, I wont pay triple, but I will pay for one if.........................................................

1. it is priced normal.

2. it can play video games.

sykozis, jbscotchman and DannyD like this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    3. no 3 month pre-order waiting list, i want it next-day.

13. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    This!! ^^^

The real problem is, people are out there willing to pay these stupid prices thus enabling such a market...

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Me still sitting on a 1080, but still able to play 1080p higher refresh rate no problem.

15. ideaconu

ideaconu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Wait, maybe the seller is basing his price on vram ammount, right? I mean it has the second largest vram out of 3000 series. A 12 gb card that slots between rtx 3080 10gb and rtx 3090 24gb.

Just kidding.

16. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    As allways, patience is your best friend, but that is easy to say!!
    I really do feel sorry for people, who desperately need a card for a new system build, or just to exchange a broken one.
    I never ever thought in my life, that you can make a little fortune with old used hardware components! This is getting ridiculous now.

17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    My 1080 is also still going strong on 1080p - smooth 60fps even in most new games with all settings cranked up. My worry is if it survives long enough...

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am going to buy 1 of these, strap it onto a shovel and then head to my nearest coal face, and let see Nvida stop me using it for mining. :p

19. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus