Diablo II resurrected

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Feb 20, 2021.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Take sport for example, how many hours do you think a sports fan puts into watching their favorite sport, whether that be rugby or soccer or maybe hockey... now take your comment and apply it to sport, does it now seem like a silly comment to you?

People have hobbies, as I'm sure you do as well, how people enjoying their time is entirely up to them, to say there is something wrong with someones life because they have a hobby is not cool.

Diablo 2 was released 21 years ago, so of course if someone really likes it there are going to be individuals who have spent thousands of hours playing said game over the course of 21 years, as I'm sure the same is true for a sports fan enjoying watching their favorite sport.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    coc likes this.
  2. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i agree that the models were strangely picked. the Amazon's face is awful - it does look like they used a man model for the face. Pally's model choice doesn't resembles the original D2. the rest looks ok.

on the other hand, it's just gonna be in the menu itself.. nothing beyond.

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I wish more people would tell them to frack off with this nonsense. 99% are like you, they don't like it but won't say anything, or just dismiss it to themselves with "it's just the menus". I'm sick and tired of seeing this happen in everything.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  4. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    yeah, but that's the actual truth of it buddy. it is gonna be ugly and in-our-face, every time we're gonna open a new character. other than that.. did you ever looked at your D2 model ? both the short and long answer will be: No. you can take the Alpha subscription and send your feedback to them on those models issues. as for myself, i don't have the energy to think about everything that's wrong in the gaming industry, specially something that i won't see outside the menus.

itpro likes this.

5. Godzilla

Godzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 6600
    why blizzard is so great, they keep updating there games. they keep working on your game for a long time. tell me how many pc games don't even give you an option to turn off mouse screen edge strafing, let alone an option for mouse pointer size. that's love baby...LOL.

itpro likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    More gameplay. I think it looks absolutely amazing.

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yep, looks great. As true to original as it gets. Hit recovery still clearly a thing. Andariel's room looks stunning. Graphics are spot on.

I just hope they give us a few hundred pages of shared stash so that the holy grailers are happy.

Undying likes this.
  8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Looks pretty fast paced for 24FPS.

9. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i wonder if killing the moo moo king will not close the option to re-do it on the resurrected version. this thing back in it's day was a pain in my..

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's enough to bother the crap out of me to the point that I wouldn't buy the game if I didn't know it'll be the first thing that'll be modded. And the art team give 0 fucks what people think, they'll only change it if they're told it might cost them enough sales to matter. Art teams in "TrIpLe Aaayyyy" studios are hired explicitly to be woke, leaked auto, emails, messages, etc, have confirmed that a thousand times over. The ugliness is very much intentional, you don't accidentally spend hours modelling a face that looks like the procreating Crypt Keeper.

It especially pisses me off because the Amazon and Paladin were my favourites, and those two have been absolutely butchered. One's an 80-something year old tranny and the other is a racist caricature (and they actually look even nastier, so far, in-game than these renders):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    ZXRaziel and Godzilla like this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Jesus you'll have helmet over your head, get over it.

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Lower your pitch forks fellas, but I've never played Diablo 2. :eek:

When it came out I was just getting into PC gaming and was mainly into shooters. But I have played a ton of Titan Quest over the years. This looks really good and something I could definitely enjoy.

itpro likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef, coc, Neo Cyrus and 2 others like this.
  14. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Not interested. I have like 250EU in the Blizz "wallet" and not interested in a thing they have to sell.
    Warcraft, WoW Classic, and now this are all proof of corporation that is out of ideas, afraid to innovate, and on its dying bed. Only its old IPs and money are keeping it afloat. Its OG devs all left. Same with Bioware, who is remastering its own games, after Anthem failed miserably.
    What would truly make me happy is seeing these 2 corporations finally fail, so they die with relative dignity. Even that's already too late.

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.
  15. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Sadly that’s the idiocy we are living now , I cannot say much as I don’t want to upset the sensitive politically correct brigade of beta males .

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Just let the nutcases keep shitting on everything without speaking out? No. That's the problem, most people hate it and never say anything and just keep eating crap over and over, so the companies keep doing it.

ZXRaziel and itpro like this.
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Bring sjw and mixed content in a classic.

That's "how you ruin" a whole generation.

18. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    After the "amazing" W3 reforged, I would be very weary of another Blizzard remaster. W3 was just a cheap cash grab that delivered worse looking graphic than the original and far, far worse than what they showed in Blizzcon. They also made changes to EULA so that they would be the sole owners of all the user made maps and anything like DOTA wouldn't happen again or well if it would they would be able to monetize it. This has lead to several amazing maps that are now sole propriety of Blizzard (showcases start around halfway through the video).

19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i agree. the thing is.. both franchises are different, and the crew that worked on both remasters is different from what they shared with the community so far. i know that me and a few friends are going to play it, but we aren't pre-purchasing. D2 in the end is all about the items\grind\pvp, there is no real weight on the story and\or cinematics, just the crazy atmosphere and the never ending hunt for items and dueling. and so far, it looks great - things haven't been touched, just quality of life changes and a more modern touch on the graphics\movement. W3 problems were a bit different.. cut scenes, voice acting, multiplayer problems etc.

all jokes aside, Amazon looks like a man-model. Pally looks like the black version of Pete Sampras, i even see some similarity to The Weeknd. still, it won't matter. actually the models in-game,
    all of em - looks good to me.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Some people always hate and just hate. Dont be one of them.