Windows 10 20H2 (Build 19042.508)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 20, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    unless the change that to not run on clean installed that runs, but I have done clean install of windows or " build" upgrade since to test that, if it no longer runs one less thing to disable, special on mobile stuff like laptops and surface i disable cause i have this thing about have process running that i dont use and never will nor is being use by windows running

nor is textinputhost something that was ever listed in "app history" for me or any the pc o i seen it running on

But if the changed so as it no longer runs on boot it would explain why SFC /scannow restored the folder but it no longer runs, which fine with me

2. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not really sure what they are saying. Feature update usual happen 2nd half year yes? so they saying It will be release in 1st half? and something about new way of delivering it? no reinstall of os? less chance of something go sideways?

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    My take is there backing down from to many feature changes (major changes), this might be just now with COVID still around.

21h1 will be like a CU, not major a update.

5. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    21h1 is just a regular update nothing special it's the same as patch Tuesday.

6. empleat

empleat Member

GPU:
    geforce 780
    Actually, it seems that renaming CBS folder fixed the issue! Now 6 day no DCOM 10001 errors! While previously it was daily, up to hundreds of them! All about CBS client!

First I used this .bat file to disable TextInputHost.exe:
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\TextInputHost.exe" /v Debugger /d "%SystemRoot%\system32\systray.exe" /f
    taskkill /im "TextInputHost.exe" /t /f
    echo done

Source: https://www.tenforums.com/general-s...io-start-english-processes-3.html#post2152082
    Because I didn't want to disable it via renaming folder, which caused errors in Event Viewer previously. Yeah I don't want to touch DCOM more, than necessary! I only unchecked option run on local computer for InputService and denied all permissions. Which I don't think would compromise security, but I am not expert!

I hate TextInputHost.exe, it cause input lag, disabling it: mouse feels a little bit better. I found also FreeVK, which is cool alternative.

But I have one more DCOM 10010, since install of Windows maybe. I read some DCOM errors can be safely ignored. But I would rather solve all errors, as I want my system to be stable as possible! But these are not easy to solve...

Anyone know, if you can disable also OneSync, it should be used for useless crap. Except now these useless services are tied to some of more important stuff, it could bug out something. These are usually called user service, with appendix like _y3quc and it is not good idea to disable them. Also it can't be done via services.msc! Probably some spy crap. But disabling them in regedit, can bug out Windows. I did this previously and had corrupted store.

Tho diagtrack and dmwapush service, or how it calls. Can be deleted safely probably using this. Did that and had no errors, or corruption so far: https://social.technet.microsoft.co...-max-filesize-reached?forum=win10itprogeneral

Also what I do, change core affinity to 1 core, for un-essential services, which can't be safely disabled. Helps also a little.

If you are interested I have 2 very great input lag TWEAK lists for you:
    https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7168
    https://www.tenforums.com/gaming/11...ive-list-will-blow-your-mind.html#post1454596

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @empleat
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\TextInputHost.exe" /v Debugger /d "%SystemRoot%\system32\systray.exe" /f
    taskkill /im "TextInputHost.exe" /t /f
    echo done

I am aware of this as 6+ months back did the same when installed 20h2 this didnt not disable textinputhost for me, which why i resorted to renaming maybe when I did mine I renamed things wrong and there for it didnt work. so i keep the above for next time, cause I dont have orginal bat commad I tried anymore I just have the one that worked with 1909.

As for OneSync I pretty much just uninstall it see i dont use which seem remove all traces of it from the UI interface.

Dcom I have same 4 Dcom error i have had since upgrading to 20h2 that happen ever day complain about old catalog database I kind just ignore them now. I OCD drove to try fix that stuff but I taught my self to just ignore now i only go in eventviewer when I reason to check, before I use to check it daily multiple time out of habit

8. empleat

empleat Member

GPU:
    geforce 780
    I mean this service in particular: "OneSyncSvc_8b88b". So you deleted it? I am scared to disable, or remove it anymore, after store got corrupted. Even I don't use synchronization and disabled all items in OOSU10. Host Process for Setting Synchronization (SettingSyncHost.exe) is still running on my computer!

EDIT: I also noticed weird process to run at startup: Microsoft Sync Center (mobsync.exe) and it disappears quickly.

Maybe this work tho, regedit option: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/43246-enable-disable-sync-your-settings-windows-10-a.html

Applied this .reg and now I don't see Host Process for Setting Synchronization, but it may not start at startup, dunno...

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @empleat

Dont have that services like said I uninstalled Onesync threw add/remove programs, I also dont really mess with "services anymore, Short of disable "printer spool" and "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service" and "SysMain" (which is prefetch)
    I have all Sync disable on my pc to but (SettingSyncHost.exe) run at a launch too. pretty sure it more thing then just syncing setting, so disable it not good idea. and bound to break things Windows10 has thing so intergerted into it disabling thing you think should be fine can have bad effects on windows, which why my i dont disable much services anymore.

My advise is uninstall onesync via add removes and leave (SettingSyncHost.exe) alone.

I just checked
    OneSyncSvc_355ba is displayed as Sync Host_355ba it is enabled by again I just uninstalled onesync and left the services alone.

10. empleat

empleat Member

GPU:
    geforce 780
    You mean onedrive? I have no onesync in appwiz.cpl And in custom features, everything is unchecked already.

Yeah same.

Ok I won't disable it, I think so too, thanks for the info! I will change affinity of these services to 1 core instead!

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah sorry one drive. and Sync Host_355ba/OneSyncSvc_355ba aslo syncs "This service synchronizes mail, contacts, calendar and various other user data. Mail and other applications dependent on this functionality will not work properly when this service is not running."

So if you use any of those apps best to leave it alone.

as core affinity i dont mess with that, actual the day of me tweaking the crap out windows like did with win7 are done, to many problems arrise from it with in win 10 and I am no long willing to deal with them, I barely want to deal with win 10 updates and build upgrades anymore

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    didnt even know my 13 year old HP printer used flash.
    and now the software wont work because microsoft removed flash. and hp wont release updated version for 13 year old printer. last updated driver was from 2014........

now stuck using HP scan extended app.........:(:( can this app even merge scan pages togather?

there was nothing wrong with my printer microsoft. give me back flash.:mad::mad::mad:

13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Time for a new printer then. Newer is always better. Even at my work I curse older machines. So many limitations.

14. empleat

empleat Member

GPU:
    geforce 780
    Just to save you some trouble: avoid HP products at all cost!!! HP is most cancerous company ever! But you probably know that by now :D Free ink for life BTW...

Anyone know, if I can disable this service? WinHttpAutoProxySvc I used to disable this, but now in services.msc startup is greyed out. And I have foggy feeling, that I read somewhere to not disable it.
    I don't use IPHelper, or Intel DAL. But still, it says it is used for sending COM requests over http. It is maybe important, not sure! If anyone knows for sure, that would be great!

15. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    My aunt called yesterday with exactly the same problem. Seems like a wide spread HP problem, as a lot of devices used this scan app.
    3 hours of trying to get it back to a working state.
    If you can setup a VM with Win7, install just HP software / printer and an old version of Flash. Otherwise I see no other solution than buying a new printer. :(

Edit:
    I beg to disagree. I own some HP Laserjet 2055d I got for free.
    Xerox Responsible does produce cartridges for that model. While an original one is about 150 Euros, I can get the same as Xerox for about 70 Euros.
    I still print with the one which was in the printer, probably 1000 pages printed before and I printed about 2000 so far, since 2016!!
    No dried ink because laserjet.
    No blocked internals (with dried ink) because laserjet.
    First page after months is like 10th page in a set, completely clear and readable, like a page from a newspaper.
    Reachable for all clients in the network by fixed IP.
    Fully usable with either PCL or PS "universal HP print driver" (updated often).
    I guess about 30 to 40 pages per minute ....
    CON: Just prints black and white ...

And I can fully accept and happily live with that CON. ;)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Most times it cheap to just buy a new printer then ink cartridge unless you buy those high end multi function printers even then it still like 30-40$ per cartridge

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hey guys,

anyone have high DPC routine execution time on 19042.884 or other build numbers?

I ran LatencyMon as I read latest NV drivers (461.xx) may have latency issues - which they seemed to do for me as well.
    Downgrading to 460.97 removed the NV driver from the equation and revealed this:

latency.png

(immediately peaks to 900+ µs, after a minute or so will hit between 1000 ... 2000. Nothing running in the background).

Started investigating as I did have occasional sound crackling and also felt like mouse input might "break" for a split second (play a lot of Doom Eternal so that's a definite no-no).

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Things are always running in the background.

Any tool you installed to monitor the system installs a boot load driver that is constantly active (not incl msiab which is a demand load driver)

Sound driver and services.

NIC driver and interrupt moderation.

Windows Defender (And its more recent ability to use the GPU for malware scanning)

Third party services.
    Third party drivers.

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/th...tency-issues-with-wpa-windows-vista-7-8.5721/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah I meant "nothing" as in no "active" apps (browsers, Afterburner open, other monitoring software open etc.)

I did copy and run that maintenance.bat as suggested earlier in the thread and set basically all my PCI devices to MSI mode.

Seemed to improve the situation, no longer instant peak to 900 but around 200...300.
    Or then whatever was running in the backround wasn't now.

Was just wondering if this was a known thing with current build.

20. empleat

empleat Member

GPU:
    geforce 780
    Nvidias are known to have problems with DPC, it doesn't happen to everyone however!

I got 100us interrupt ot user process latency max. Same from Anantech DPC latency tests of my mobo. Nvlddmkm.sys was like 50-70us max. DPC. From multiple 30 minute tests.
    But on my old computer it used to spike to 600us sometimes. Running nothing on background, but still.

Check this for DPC latency and others: https://www.tenforums.com/gaming/11...ive-list-will-blow-your-mind.html#post1454596