METRO EXODUS PC Enhanced Edition Announced Gets DLSS and Advanced Ray Traced Reflections

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    "considerably" is a matter of perspective. I started out the game in native res and do not see any degradable difference from DLSS quality with sharpening. My first DLSS attempt without sharpening was indeed "considerably more blurry".

Keno34 likes this.
  2. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Nah, you didn't mention it was boring, another poster did...........

Netherwind likes this.
  3. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    DLSS? What's that? Only teasing...............

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Tbh that is a fair point, but im not bashing anyone who wants to use DLSS or any other form of upscaling. Im just stating an observation that at one point the majority of pc gamers laughed at consoles for using such tech and now they love it because they finally have an option.

Having more options sure is a great thing, but I fear that it will become more the norm and in order to even get games to be at a playable frame rate then DLSS or another upscaler will be basically required.

I have no idea why people are getting so wound up over someone elses opinion, its as if you guys have to defend DLSS? Why? Because someone sees things differently?

Many of those screen shots look fantastic to me...... until I begin to look into the distance or about 10ft (give or take) in front of the character where things start to become blurry or "less detailed". Its well documented that DLSS in cyberpunk is not the greatest implementation of the said tech. And yes I have used DLSS my self on multiple titles, and moving/in motion is where things start to break up a lot for me too. My friend who owns an RTX2080S says the same thing and he would prefer to lower settings to get a better frame rate then use DLSS. And he has better eye sight then I do.

BUT

if it looks great too you then use it and enjoy it.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    It is well documented that it is blurry in CP 77 but also well documented that there are workarounds. Just about everything further than 10' is 'virtually' (not completely) indistinguishable from native res:

Native res 4k:
    Native.jpg
    DLSS 2.0 (with sharpening, neg LOD):
    DLSS.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Why would anyone listen to theoretical physicists and build as stupid things like particle accelerators?
    Well, because there was quite objective study of known data behind.

And data are available all around. Or maybe not. Maybe everyone ever reviewing it. Or showing screenshots, videos, ... did really bad job.
    You quite nicely described your own opinion's value on DLSS as long as you would subject yourself to standards you want others to adhere to.

Wait, are you serial killer? No? Don't freaking dare to judge...
    ... because there are plenty of those kinds of people with both positive and negative experiences to take in.
    = = = =
    @alanm It appears that images you posted are not 4K. And even while you somehow downsampled them from 4K, their image quality is rather mediocre. There is something seriously wrong. Maybe you can re-do them.
    And while doing so, please, aim crosshair at same object, so it is easier to do actual side-by-side comparison.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Good catch. Apparently when images uploaded to G3D they are reduced further in size/res.

Originals
    https://cubeupload.com/im/taco/Native.jpg

https://cubeupload.com/im/taco/DLSS.jpg

Fox2232 likes this.
  8. chrislue

chrislue Member

GPU:
    GTX 3090
    Because of machine learning hits new level now. The truth is no matter what kind of aa tech you use, the more aa affect the more blur you get, even with smaa or ssaa, you still get blury. With smaa or ssaa even you set it to a really high level which costs a lot of performance, you still get saw on moving lines, but with DLSS it elimates that and at the same time improves performance. Sure there is blury, but compare to fxaa or taa, much much better. Moreover you can use things like reshade or even monitor to shapen images.

alanm and Redemption80 like this.
  9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    To be released later in Spring, hopefully, it'd be timed with the release of AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution for improved RT performance.

Maddness likes this.