ACER Predator X25b miiprzx monitor goes 360 Hz

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    "hdr400" :rolleyes: on a panel that has no black.

3. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    what are these names miiprzx? Isn't it easier to be just X25a or b or c or whatever they want?

Undying likes this.
  4. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    eSports? Can eSports games saturate 360Hz? That's what I'm curious about... trying to figure this out atm but can't seem to get anything concrete on google. Don't many game engines cap out before that? Also how optimized are many eSports games to the point where someone is going to get 360Hz? Seems like it'd be pretty up and down and that'd probably be jarring...

I guess if you compete and you play "that one game" and you can get it to utilize the monitor any edge is a competitive edge.. just trying to understand this.. a game as an example other than a platformer or a side scroller lol

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it is.
    the rest is like a revision

yes.easily.
    they're not using max settings.
    I bet I could saturate a 240hz one with my gtx1070 at 1080p.just low settings.
    the cpu is the limiting factor here.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Kevin Mauro likes this.
  6. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Will it be better for mining? Cause for sure a used 1050Ti can't drive 360 fps and that's about the only card you can buy in Canada. /s

7. Jonas2505

Jonas2505 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Yeah, especially games like CSGO, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege, Rocket League, Apex Legends, things like that. Its surely not a monitor for everyone. 240Hz vs 144Hz is still a little difference in fluidity, but 360Hz is just the highest end, which I think cant really be felt compared to 240Hz or 280Hz, but could give you that very slight competitive advantage. So these are great for professionals or just very competitive players in general, I think the best fitting monitor for the mass, not looking at the price is a 1440p 144-170Hz monitor, you have great visuals and a great fluid image, but its not the sharpest nor the most fluid, but its the perfect golden middle for most gamers, 1080p just isnt that pretty and 4K is very hard to run at over 100 frames in not E-Sports titles.

cucaulay malkin and Kevin Mauro like this.
  8. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yeah 1080p is straight up ugly in games.ditched my 1080p monitor as soon as I could afford a used r9 290 back in 2014.Had to lower settings but I couldn't bear 1080p anymore,even on a 21.5" inch the image is just fugly.Edges are pixelated,textures are blurry and in motion it looks even worse.
    1440p 24" is a lot better,sharp and detailed.Would like a 4K high refresh cause current high end can really drive those displays,but that will be determined by what card I can get.